PDA

View Full Version : Places to Shoot

33army
11-07-2015, 14:09
So, I have searched the threads and come up empty on this topic. I am looking for a range to shoot both rifle and pistol (outdoor), preferably close to Raeford. I have used my Google-fu and come up with the usual suspects such as The Range Complex and Range 37. TRC is WAY out of the way for me but is a decent facility. R37 I have never used. Just looking for somewhere to take a young one to get her familiar with guns and put some rounds through my toys. Anyone know of places closer to Raeford?

The Reaper
11-07-2015, 14:35
Wagram.

TR

33army
11-08-2015, 08:34
You are a Gentleman and a Scholar, good Sir.

blue02hd
11-08-2015, 08:58
Wagram! Just took my boy there for the first time, yeah. Wagram!

This is after I visited 37 PSR twice, and I'll not return. Witnessed an RSO reprimand a "tacticool" idiot who was rapid firing on the public side bay, then proceeded to leave the range and go hang out / "flirt" with the young lady at the front desk. If it were only me, no issue, but I had my boy on a range with an walking idiot safety violation who the the RSO didn't kick prior to walking off the range? I know many of you shoot there, but I was not impressed.

Peregrino
11-09-2015, 08:37
Wagram is a private membership club. Nice facility but you need a sponsor to shoot as a guest. If you just want to check it out, they're having an NRA "action" rifle match this Saturday that's open to the public (10ish IIRC).

frostfire
11-09-2015, 17:28
Also Pinehurst. Up by Hwy 1
Have to be a member to shoot casually but matches are open to anyone
http://www.mcwcc.org/Action_Pistol.html
Match director is multiple Presidents 100 winner

Be advised, the stages are challenging....as in shoot 25 yards 6" plate with strong then weak hand while discriminating targets under time pressure. I like it, though. Only the serious leadslingers go there. The tacticool crowd who thinks their gucci gear will improve the skills can't stand it:D