PDA

View Full Version : Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) Needs new instructors

Team Sergeant
10-31-2015, 18:11
Federal Law Enforcement Training Center weapons training makes me laugh.

Come on who shot the FBI special agent?

FBI agent shot in Texas while arresting a suspect

By/ Crimesider Staff/ CBS/AP / October 30, 2015, 2:34 PM

LUBBOCK, Texas -- An FBI agent is in critical condition after he was shot Thursday night while working in Crosbyton, Texas, reports CBS affiliate KLBK.

FBI Special Agent Mike Orndorff was taking part an investigation near Crosbyton's municipal airport, in the Lubbock area, according to Department of Public Safety Sgt. Bryan Witt.

The FBI, Texas Rangers and the Department of Public Safety were working on a joint operation, and were in the process of arresting a suspect when the shooting happened, according to Witt. The suspect who was being arrested at the time was not the shooter, Witt said.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/fbi-agent-shot-in-texas-while-arresting-a-suspect/

Bleed Green
10-31-2015, 18:55
It was my day off but I was setting up a Haunted House at the wife's school so I have an alibi that is solid. I think they do all their training Quantico. The FLETC training is fixing to get funnier as I hear tell they are removing the max distances for both the pistol and M-4 because the other half of CBP cannot shoot that far back.

UWOA (RIP)
10-31-2015, 19:08
It was my day off but I was setting up a Haunted House at the wife's school so I have an alibi that is solid. I think they do all their training Quantico. The FLETC training is fixing to get funnier as I hear tell they are removing the max distances for both the pistol and M-4 because the other half of CBP cannot shoot that far back.

The Bureau and DEA do all their firearms training at Quantico. (DEA used to conduct all their training at the FBI Academy, but now have their own campus down the road from the Bureau.) I went through the Bureau's Street Survival firearm's course in 2001, which is a tactical course set in Hogan's Alley. The tactical course was first rate ... I can't speak to the KD range training they also conduct there. All the other federal agencies train at FLETC in Georgia.

chance
10-31-2015, 22:08
They do have Mr Greg Martine down there helping train people.;)

frostfire
11-01-2015, 03:42
sigh, you guys are not helping my enthusiasm as I head that way...
One of the senior officer in my unit made it through and he got the top shot award. He expects me to secure the same spot.

Prayer sent for Special Agent Mike Orndorff speedy recovery

CW3SF
11-01-2015, 08:09
lol, FBI doesnt even train at FLETC.

head
11-01-2015, 09:52
At least the FBI agents remembered to bring their guns.

UWOA (RIP)
11-01-2015, 13:31
At least the FBI agents remembered to bring their guns.

That's no lie. I remember a situation a few years ago when an agent lost his weapon in the secured area of an airport because he walked away from his briefcase (and naturally the weapon was inside, not on his person). They shut down the airport because of that ....

SF18C
11-02-2015, 07:54
Well the Texas DPS has been known to pop off a round or two!

http://www.goheroes.us/53-hours/texas-dps-says-fbi-agent-accidentally-shot-by-trooper

SF_BHT
11-02-2015, 20:46
Well the Texas DPS has been known to pop off a round or two!

http://www.goheroes.us/53-hours/texas-dps-says-fbi-agent-accidentally-shot-by-trooper

This is what I figured would be the situation.....

Hope he recovers soon.