PDA

View Full Version : "Two Weeks in Hell" - SFAS - Discovery

DJS24
10-27-2015, 18:05
Hello all,

My curiosity has gotten the best of me and I wished to revitalize a previous topic. As I'm sure well over 90% of you are aware, Discovery channel documented the SFAS process.
Through my search I found:
http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26593&highlight=discovery+weeks+hell

This thread discussed the airing of the show mainly.
A few members commented that the cadre did not in fact yell at SFAS.
Also I was able to see that some QP's were disappointed (in a sense) that information like this would even be available to anyone.

So herein-lies my questions:

- Do you believe the directors and editors did SFAS justice?
- Was there something you wish was added to the show?
- How accurate do you feel the depictions still are?
- Does it really reveal much at all? (or perhaps reveal too much).
- Were there other director's or cadre "touches" that are unrealistic / overdramatized? (like the yelling. or is yelling becoming more commonplace?)

Essentially, I just want to know people's genuine opinions of it.

Thank you for your time.

PRB
10-27-2015, 19:02
It should be up to 30 days in selection training....some idiot made it two weeks and that got fixed.

mark46th
10-27-2015, 19:05
Back in the day, Phase I of 3 was pretty much a 30 day selection process.

Joker
10-27-2015, 20:08

UWOA (RIP)
10-27-2015, 21:33

What he said ....

blue02hd
10-28-2015, 11:33
Send me a cashiers check and I'll think about responding. No less than 6 figures.

glebo
10-28-2015, 12:27

If ya went through in the "olden days", especially with Bad Bob Howard...yeah, that was definitely a selection process...:lifter

mark46th
10-28-2015, 21:35
I believe the good Colonel was on his way to Washington D.C. to receive his MOH about the time I was at Camp Mackall. Regrettably, I never had the honor of meeting him...

x SF med
10-29-2015, 10:09

In my time, you had pre-phase, undetermined length, for selection to get to Phase I which was more selection... and then Drowning Creek... if the swim test didn't catch all the weak hearted in the water, Drowning Creek finished the job... 15 drops in the first 4 hours at DC...

Team Sergeant
10-29-2015, 11:00
Discovery channel documented the SFAS process.

That says it all right there...... I'd find my "sources" elsewhere as the Discovery channel loves those who lie to the public.

Fact:
Joseph Teti Dual Survival, Joe Teti is a liar and a fraud and the Discovery channel makes millions off him.

UWOA (RIP)
10-29-2015, 11:30
Discovery channel documented the SFAS process.

That says it all right there...... I'd find my "sources" elsewhere as the Discovery channel loves those who lie to the public.

Fact:
Joseph Teti Dual Survival, Joe Teti is a liar and a fraud and the Discovery channel makes millions off him.

Awww, TS, you ruined it ... we were hoping that he'd sign up and find out for himself. LOL!!!

Team Sergeant
10-29-2015, 13:09
Awww, TS, you ruined it ... we were hoping that he'd sign up and find out for himself. LOL!!!

And just so everyone is aware I'm now a "combat veteran" of Afghanistan.

Just like Joe Teti, I was there in 2011, our base received mortar fire so that makes me a "combat veteran", just like the quitter Joe Teti.

Quitter you ask? Why would any "Green Beret" quit Special Forces a few weeks after 9/11?

Joe Teti did and Joe Teti is a bottom feeding scumbag. So is the folks at Discovery Channel.

UWOA (RIP)
10-29-2015, 14:27

Just like Joe Teti, I was there in 2011, our base received mortar fire so that makes me a "combat veteran", just like the quitter Joe Teti.

Quitter you ask? Why would any "Green Beret" quit Special Forces a few weeks after 9/11?

Joe Teti did and Joe Teti is a bottom feeding scumbag. So is the folks at Discovery Channel.

TS, I certainly won't argue the facts. You got my vote!

Joker
10-29-2015, 15:29
In my time, you had pre-phase, undetermined length, for selection to get to Phase I which was more selection... and then Drowning Creek... if the swim test didn't catch all the weak hearted in the water, Drowning Creek finished the job... 15 drops in the first 4 hours at DC...

Yep. Drowning Creek in December. Breaking the ice doing the slide for life. Refreshing.:D

Team Sergeant
10-29-2015, 17:10
Yep. Drowning Creek in December. Breaking the ice doing the slide for life. Refreshing.:D

Ditto, Drowning Creek in January...... had to break the ice to swim across..... watched a few quit on the spot. ;)

DanHeller88
10-29-2015, 23:41

So wait, Joe Teti passed SFQC, earned the tab. 9/11 happened, it came time to do SF stuff, and he quit?

UWOA (RIP)
10-30-2015, 08:08
So wait, Joe Teti passed SFQC, earned the tab. 9/11 happened, it came time to do SF stuff, and he quit?

You need to get a little more experience before you start framing rhetorical questions, especially about a Team Sergeant post ....

Just my $ .02.

Team Sergeant
10-30-2015, 11:42

He was still doing missions in 2001, although his "resume" looks like he was done in 1998.

I think its quite ironic Teti is doing a "survivor" show when he's a quitter, a coward and killer of small dogs.