PDA

View Full Version : SF catching the blame for hospital strike

Marlboro
10-26-2015, 14:15
"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Army Green Berets who requested the Oct. 3 airstrike on the Doctors without Borders trauma center in Afghanistan were aware it was a functioning hospital but believed it was under Taliban control, The Associated Press has learned."

http://bigstory.ap.org/a39810b7161d42fcb0abe36576d26730

Paslode
10-26-2015, 16:44
Russia has allegedly bombed 4-9 hospitals...where is the outrage :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/three-syrian-hospitals-bombed-since-russian-airstrikes-began-doctors-say

Oldrotorhead
10-26-2015, 18:59
Would this be the first time Doctors without Borders supported or hid savages? What does physical evidence from the hospital show? Weapons? Taliban communications gear?

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/22/world/middleeast/doctors-without-borders-reveals-its-work-in-syria.html?_r=0

RomanCandle
10-27-2015, 11:09
Russia has allegedly bombed 4-9 hospitals...where is the outrage :rolleyes:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/22/three-syrian-hospitals-bombed-since-russian-airstrikes-began-doctors-say

Might find that the "allegedly" part has something to do with it. :rolleyes:

Divemaster
10-27-2015, 22:15
In retrospect, was my posting of the grid on the JTAC discussion forum a bad idea?

Pete
11-25-2015, 13:52
Some in military suspended for deadly Afghan hospital attack

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-hospital-said-misidentified-being-bombed-114518382--politics.html#

"WASHINGTON (AP) — American soldiers and airmen who killed and wounded dozens of civilians in a strike on an Afghanistan hospital violated U.S. rules of engagement and have been suspended as they await disciplinary action that could include criminal charges, military officials said Wednesday..."

Shit rolls down hill. What ever happened to Presidents who said "The buck stops here."?

cbtengr
11-25-2015, 14:10
It is very hard for me to believe such a thing could happen. I was under the impression that we always dropped pamphlets warning the good guys to un-ass the area before the shtf. War is hell and it should be all or nothing.

Guy
11-25-2015, 14:35
The comparison of conduct between LEO vs military is not the same!

In the military, people were sacked for dumbshit when it came too firing weapons, losing weapons, saying the wrong shit, shooting at the wrong person, bombing the wrong target, fucking & sucking, violation of General Order #1, illegal use of OPFUNDS, cursing, homosexuality, straight sex, driving to fast, fighting to protect each other in a foreign country, saying you believe... in God, Satan sucks ass, titties & dicks on the same body is weird, you retarded Black/White/Asian/Arab/African/Hispanic/Latino/Irish/English/(if I missed race...get the fuck over it), etc.

For LEOs:

Get some first aid training... once you shoot someone, it won't hurt one bit too treat'em.; they make us do it in the military and it looks good on vehicle/body cams.

Ret10Echo
11-25-2015, 15:21
Just listened to a replay of the Press Conference....CSPAN has it.

Probably be good to hear it directly from the military than from an MSM filter (Just sayin') Especially the AP In the final poll of a series measuring perceptions of media bias, the Associated Press, local television stations, MSNBC, and CNBC are all perceived as tilting to the left when reporting the news.

Gen. John Campbell provided a sequence of events for context.

MtnGoat
11-27-2015, 09:56
All I'm saying is, did anyone see any videos of the Bombed out Hospital wing??

I mean, news Crews were all over that hospital, but all I really saw was the outside and the wings where MFS were taking care of the wounded.

This wasn't bad judgment on the parts of the SFODA(s) on the ground, they engaged the enemy.

Also why no videos of the battle, we (the USA) seems to always like showing off videos. So why not this time??

Doesn't that make anyone ask questions??

cat in the hat
11-27-2015, 10:26

http://news.yahoo.com/afghan-hospital-said-misidentified-being-bombed-114518382--politics.html#

"WASHINGTON (AP) — American soldiers and airmen who killed and wounded dozens of civilians in a strike on an Afghanistan hospital violated U.S. rules of engagement and have been suspended as they await disciplinary action that could include criminal charges, military officials said Wednesday..."

Shit rolls down hill. What ever happened to Presidents who said "The buck stops here."?

We now have a POYUS who prefers to say "the buck stops There"

SF_BHT
11-27-2015, 13:23
We now have a POYUS who prefers to say "the buck stops There"

I heard a report yesterday about this. I sounded like an officer at a SOF HQ approved the tgt. The AC130 had most of its sensors down and still did the mission. The TGT was several hundred meters from the hospital and the aerial photos of the desired TGT (AFG HQ that had been taken over) looked just like the hospital. The recordings of AC internal discussions questioned the TGT but decided to press on. The media is selectively giving out pieces of the info but still trying to press on with their narrative that they want.

Sounds to me they are going to hang out the Officer at the Higher HQ and the Air Crew.

Red Flag 1
11-27-2015, 13:41

We are so far away from the generation of Americans, and HST, who exhibited leadership and responsibility for one's own actions. Gone too is the professional journalism, which has now become an active arm of promoting presidential policy and actions. With all these changes, leadership from the White House has also been absent for the past seven years. I think the question now is, will we ever get things turned around again? How much of a hand has the press had in shaping and spinning the "news" of this, and other, unfortunate events?

Ret10Echo
11-28-2015, 07:11
All I'm saying is, did anyone see any videos of the Bombed out Hospital wing??

I mean, news Crews were all over that hospital, but all I really saw was the outside and the wings where MFS were taking care of the wounded.

This wasn't bad judgment on the parts of the SFODA(s) on the ground, they engaged the enemy.

Also why no videos of the battle, we (the USA) seems to always like showing off videos. So why not this time??

Doesn't that make anyone ask questions??

Goat.... From what I have read and listened to, the only ones who had eyes on the hospital was the gunship crew.

I agree with SF_BHT... on the HQ folks....Commander at the airfield and JTAC (maybe) along with the AC crew getting flamed....

The Reaper
11-28-2015, 09:36
I wonder how much sleep was lost when missions over Schweinfurt, Hamburg, Dresden, Berlin, etc. missed military targets and hit civilians.

"War is Hell and you cannot refine it."

I guess when 99% of the population has never served and a sizable portion of them are hard-core indoctrinated anti-military, they miss no opportunity to second-guess and attack those who have or are serving.

TR

Mills
11-29-2015, 19:06
Too bad for that whole "boots on the ground" thing that prohibits us from actually doing our job properly.

It has been the process of this administration for the last few years to restrict our forces on the ground in an effort to make our partnered forces look more capable than they actually are.

When we tell them they are unable to do the tasks they are charged with, we are then told to "battletrack".

It is impossible to create an effective force when you have no endstate and are operating on compressed timelines that are dictated by political means.

Seriously, the strategic and administration level leadership can sit on it. i am sure we will all see the books coming out in a few years about how they were right and he was wrong, yet we have not seen anyone fall on the sword.

Sdiver
11-29-2015, 19:24
Too bad for that whole "boots on the ground" thing that prohibits us from actually doing our job properly.

It has been the process of this administration for the last few years to restrict our forces on the ground in an effort to make our partnered forces look more capable than they actually are.

Or could there be an ulterior motive by this administration, to let Daesh gain in strength and run around unchecked throughout the area?

To keep up with their narrative that it's "Bush's fault" and that we (and the ME) is in the situation that we're currently seeing, because of what Bush and Cheney did?

All for the sake of a narcissist's ego ....

Pete
11-30-2015, 04:46
One thing about the left still crying "Bush's fault".

When Obama leaves office and it's still "Bush's fault" then it will be as if Obama never existed.

Joker
11-30-2015, 05:21
One thing about the left still crying "Bush's fault".

When Obama leaves office and it's still "Bush's fault" then it will be as if Obama never existed.

And that will be Bush's fault too!

Guymullins
11-30-2015, 06:20
In our Southern African Bush war, we were also plagued by do-gooders who unfailingly took the side of the Terrorists. Terror tactics work and many organisations such as European Churches, the UNHCR, UNICEF and the Red Cross to a lesser extent, aided and abetted the Terrorist forces. It often seemed as though an ongoing Stockholm Syndrome was at work. MSF did not operate then, but they seem of a similar stripe. They bravely put themselves in harms way and supposedly care for Terrorist as well as those aiming to destroy the terrorists, and then complain when they become casualties. If you want to be heroic healers, take a leaf out of the non-combatants in the First World War and volunteer to bear a stretcher then write poetry about it if you survive.

MtnGoat
12-02-2015, 03:55
So has anyone seen any videos from the hospital burnt out buildings? I sure haven't, all are from the outside and nothing of the inside. The only inside is the section of hospital that was not fired on, people in rooms for protections. Some showing Doctors working on people. But still never seen any from inside the burnt or fired on building(s) or "wing."

Makes me think:confused:

CSB
12-02-2015, 09:33
Other contributing factors, the investigation found, were that the maps used by the U.S. Special Forces commander did not label the medical facility,
and that the hospital roof did not have markings to distinguish
it as a protected medical establishment.

The most important fact is buried way down in the article.

MSF refuses to use the Red Cross or Red Crescent, as provided in the 4th Geneva Convention:
The Parties to the conflict shall, in so far as military
considerations permit, take the necessary steps to make the
distinctive emblems indicating civilian hospitals clearly visible to
the enemy land, air and naval forces in order to obviate the
possibility of any hostile action.

But nobody wants to hear that.

MtnGoat
12-04-2015, 10:24
MSF refuses to use the Red Cross or Red Crescent, as provided in the 4th Geneva Convention:

But nobody wants to hear that.

They NEVER have, that's how they keep helping the locals that are the ENEMY.