PDA

View Full Version : PM Etiquette

KJS 1389
10-08-2015, 07:37
Greetings,

After utilising the search button, I was unable to find a post related to this(using the search tags pm, private message, and etiquette). What's the general rule for initiating a conversation? Should you wait until you're told to pm a specific member? Can you initiate a conversation yourself(with due respect of course asking for their permission)?

If starting a thread was inappropriate, I do apologise, especially since this is my second overall post. However, it seems it would be better to ask someone something directly. I realise the ramification would be that some members might use it as a cop out to not look up something to themselves.

Respectfully,

KJS

Toaster
10-08-2015, 11:42
There are many wrong ways to start a conversation, not sending someone a PM is one... Those who dare, win... The QP PM welcoming party has been laid off since Jade Helm is over. :D

Having bad SA is another. Read some of the posts that someone has made, and it'll give you a clue about them.

Most of the members are willing to help if you've articulated yourself well, show proper respect, are asking a question that you have a need to know, and demonstrate that you've put some effort into searching for the answer on your own.

The key behind that time is valuable, and most don't want to waste it on someone who is not going to give a good ROI.

Sdiver
10-08-2015, 11:47
Try this ....

Send someone a PM asking if it's okay to send them a PM.

Try it out with Billy L-bach first ... He's very receptive to PMs. :munchin

Team Sergeant
10-08-2015, 13:29
Try this ....

Send someone a PM asking if it's okay to send them a PM.

Try it out with Billy L-bach first ... He's very receptive to PMs. :munchin

That's it, I'm giving Billy your IP address and I've heard that's all he needs......:munchin

Sdiver
10-08-2015, 13:48
:eek: *GSAP* ... Oh shit !!!! :eek:

Glad I didn't get rid of all those MREs I stocked up on for JH15 ....

... now what did I do with that map with all the Landmines I have buried in my lawn ???

KJS 1389
10-09-2015, 04:06
Excellent points. My main reason for asking was that I saw a post where it said several people have been banned for too many or unwanted PM's. It's always better to ask than assume, right?

(1VB)compforce
10-09-2015, 04:20
... now what did I do with that map with all the Landmines I have buried in my lawn ???

You saved it on the OPM servers and now Billy (and China) have it... :D