PDA

View Full Version : "I know how to defend myself" (But I was too Stupid to keep my mouth shut)

Team Sergeant
10-07-2015, 08:58
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne

‘I know how to defend myself’: SEAL who killed bin Laden responds to ISIS threat
Published October 07, 2015 FoxNews.com

Rob O'Neill, the Navy SEAL who killed Usama bin Laden during a May 2011 raid in Pakistan, played down the recent threat from ISIS that labeled him its top target and reportedly posted his home address online.

Britain's Mirror newspaper reported that a British ISIS supporter published O'Neill's address and called on American extremists to kill him. This is not the first report of ISIS sympathizers taking to social media to inspire attacks on U.S. military or their family.

"I've been ready for this since we killed Usama bin Laden," O’Neill told "Hannity." "I know how to defend myself."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/10/07/know-how-to-defend-myself-seal-who-killed-bin-laden-responds-to-isis-threat/?intcmp=hpbt4

bandycpa
10-07-2015, 09:13
Wouldn't keeping your mouth shut to begin with be considered part of defending yourself?

Fame has a price.

Team Sergeant
10-07-2015, 09:17
Wouldn't keeping your mouth shut to begin with be considered part of defending yourself?

Fame has a price.

So does being stupid. :munchin

bandycpa
10-07-2015, 09:27
So does being stupid. :munchin

True.

Team Sergeant
10-07-2015, 09:32
Informing the world that you are the one that gave the equivalent of jesus christ a dirt nap is as stupid as two muslims going to Texas to start a gun fight.

I hope this guy doesn't live in Calif, NY, Mass or the D.C area......:rolleyes:

Sohei
10-07-2015, 10:01
In today's age of modern technology...once one opens their piehole and something comes out it...it is there for the entire world to see, hear, and repeat.

There is no retracting it...there is only living with the consequences.

Old Dog New Trick
10-07-2015, 11:36
^^^The cone of silence is broken.

Unfortunately it was broken at the highest levels of government before the debriefings were concluded. The natural order that followed is the consequences of a broken trust between civilian and military secrecy.

For the two or more who have gone on to profit from their "good fortune" I wish them an eternity in hell; looking back over their shoulders. Because they stuck a dagger in the back of everyone for personal gain. F--- them!

To this day I would like to know the name of the "anonymous" person from the WH who leaked the unit that carried out the raid and have him publicly drawn and quartered.

MR2
10-07-2015, 19:33
To this day I would like to know the name of the "anonymous" person from the WH who leaked the unit that carried out the raid and have him publicly drawn and quartered.

We have to impeach him first.

mojaveman
10-07-2015, 20:45
Hope all of his immediate family members know how to defend themselves (shoot) too. ;)

Divemaster
10-07-2015, 21:23
I certainly hope nothing happens. But if it does, expect a major knee jerk reaction from DoD. However, this one might actually have some positive aspects such as actually ENFORCING operational security. Nah.

Box
10-07-2015, 22:00
ha...
OPSEC is gay
..."not that there's anything wrong with that"

rubberneck
10-08-2015, 06:28
^^^The cone of silence is broken.

Unfortunately it was broken at the highest levels of government before the debriefings were concluded. The natural order that followed is the consequences of a broken trust between civilian and military secrecy.

For the two or more who have gone on to profit from their "good fortune" I wish them an eternity in hell; looking back over their shoulders. Because they stuck a dagger in the back of everyone for personal gain. F--- them!

It was Joe Biden.

Old Dog New Trick
10-08-2015, 06:39
It was Joe Biden.

That doesn't surprise me. He's let quite a bit slip out his BIG mouth in this position.

I guess it makes him feel important. Let's hitch up the horses, he's only got two rounds to fire in that shotgun on the back porch.

kalanis
10-08-2015, 07:06
It's not an act. Biden is an idiot. Secret Service buddy who spends everyday with him told me.

CAARNG 68W
10-09-2015, 00:00
I'll never figure out as to why a picture of Bin Laden's cadaver was ever put out. An official photos. I know the answer is Obama, but still.

Why the hell did this SEAL ever open his mouth in the first place? All I can tell is that he got a decent Fox News gig out of the whole bragging affair. Break your silence and your unit's unwritten codes just to hang out with Sean Hannity?

Box
10-09-2015, 00:32
I'll never figure out as to why a picture of Bin Laden's cadaver was ever put out. An official photos. I know the answer is Obama, but still.

Why the hell did this SEAL ever open his mouth in the first place? All I can tell is that he got a decent Fox News gig out of the whole bragging affair. Break your silence and your unit's unwritten codes just to hang out with Sean Hannity?

Not worry... he can take care of himself.
Besides, the real terrorists are returning veterans, and why would any of them attack the guy that shot Bin laden?

...comin' in hard, yankin and bankin the whole way.

Five-O
10-09-2015, 05:53
Not worry... he can take care of himself.
Besides, the real terrorists are returning veterans, and why would any of them attack the guy that shot Bin laden?

...comin' in hard, yankin and bankin the whole way.

Still funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv9AUFpRGyc

x SF med
10-10-2015, 10:15
Maybe he should take advice from Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes/Mel Blanc - and just shut up shutting up.