PDA

View Full Version : 18x time line quesetion.

xXJKLivinXx
09-14-2015, 09:09
Just a quick question about the time line between training phases for the 18x pipeline. My best friend asked me to be his best man at his wedding but it won't be til some time late next year. Ill be enlisting in a few weeks shooting for the 18x but I'm unsure if there were "breaks" between phases or if between phases you could take any leave? My assumption is its 2 years of nonstop training but then again I have no idea.

Thanks in advance. I've been lurking here from time to time after I posted my intro. There's lots of great info on here and I wanted to say thanks to all those who contribute.

The Reaper
09-14-2015, 12:41
Just a quick question about the time line between training phases for the 18x pipeline. My best friend asked me to be his best man at his wedding but it won't be til some time late next year. Ill be enlisting in a few weeks shooting for the 18x but I'm unsure if there were "breaks" between phases or if between phases you could take any leave? My assumption is its 2 years of nonstop training but then again I have no idea.

Thanks in advance. I've been lurking here from time to time after I posted my intro. There's lots of great info on here and I wanted to say thanks to all those who contribute.

This question is asked with some regularity, and has been answered at least a couple of times.

Please use the Search button and see if you can find it for yourself before asking.

TR

xXJKLivinXx
09-14-2015, 15:24
My apologies. I actually have looked around here for the last 3 days and haven't found anything conclusive. Hence, the new thread. I guess I'll try other keywords besides "18x leave, 18x time off, 18x time line, leave, ..." lol.

I'll leave this here, which will probably offend some people, but the time it took you to type that out, you probably could have left the link of the answer to my question. I've read other threads where you stated "were looking for self starters, and if you're not willing to even search for you answer before posting...". Problem is I have looked. I'm on this forum and the goarmy.com forum pretty darn regularly. I haven't came across the answer on either site so that would be the reason for posting. Though i have found other answers on here that i have used the "search box" for. Guess I'll have to give every thread a thorough anal examination before ever posting here. Lmao.

It's all good though. I get that yall get tired of the same "18x questions. My life depends on it" type questions and posts. But it does seem you came to an abrupt conclusion that everyone that posts new on here hasn't used the "search box". Seems to me that, in any other situation, that kind of attitude would turn someone away from you.

Pete
09-14-2015, 15:56
xXJKLivinXx, what date do you enlist, what date to you complete jump school and what date will you be graduating from SFAS and what date do you report to the SFQC?

When you know all those dates maybe, just maybe somebody could give you a better answer.

Safe dates - December 24 through January 1st.

And make another smart ass reply to a mod and you will not have to worry about searching.

xXJKLivinXx
09-14-2015, 16:34
I'm not looking for exact dates. I'm looking for general info. Such as "you probably won't get any time off between BCT and Jump School" or " you may get a chance to take leave after Jump School and probably not again until....". Just some basic knowledge of the topic is all I was looking for.

Thanks in advance and thanks for the inquires.

I'm not trying to be disrespectful, but that's hard to do when the first reply made it sound like I never utilized the search bar, when in fact I did. Sorry if I came off that way.

I honestly expect to not have any leave between BCT and the end of SFAS, but I'm not sure that's correct.

As I stated in the OP, I haven't enlisted yet. I'm "shooting" for 18x though and was wondering about time frame. I plan to enlist in Oct. That would probably have me ship around January. If my buddies wedding is in June, I'd like to know if I could make it. All of this contengient on me getting the 18x contract of course.

xXJKLivinXx
09-14-2015, 16:41
Ooo. Sounds scary to get kicked from a forum. Whatever. Ask a simple question, get a rude reply, defend myself, and get kicked. Not the place I want to be in anyway. Guys really should lighten up and consider being of use. Noone was asked to do the work for anyone. A simple link to the supposed thousands of other threads with this question, would not have taken anymore time than the rude remark he replied with. Kick me for inquiring. Idc. There's other places to ask questions online.
Someone from another forum suggested I visit this place cause there's useful info on here. Which there is. But apparently rude remarks are a lot more common.

Curiosity breeds wisdom.

Pete
09-14-2015, 16:46
Enough is enough.

Respect is earned - and you somehow think you have earned it.

xXJKLivinXx
09-14-2015, 16:47
Goes both ways

SF-TX
09-14-2015, 16:48
You came here seeking answers. Not the other way around.

Pete
09-14-2015, 17:25
You people reading this thread.

You wonder why we're such dicks when we tell people to search, they say they can't find anything and we get ticked because we don't spoon feed folks?

This is just one thread http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48366&highlight=married

Picked the first one but there are others out there like this one on page two of this sub forum http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47485

Kemical
09-14-2015, 19:03
Edit: Never mind. No point in this thread going on.