PDA

View Full Version : A new AO

Sdiver
12-29-2004, 18:46
Well gang, I'm in the process of moving out of Seattle WA (you know, the place were the Sun Don't Shine) and on my way to Billings MT.

This came on quit sudden. As some of you may know, I've been attempting to get on with a local Fire dept. Mostly Seattle's FD. Their next test date is coming up in January, but they've completely redesinged the test cycle. Instead of just taking a written exam, followed by a oral interview a few weeks later, now it's the written one day, then come back and take a video test. Then wait a month and go in for a quick 1 on 1 interview, then wait another month and do the oral interview with 4 Firefighter's. Then those scores are combined and then you are put on a list per your ranking. Then from there, if you're in the top 4%, you are invited to take the PT test and go on from there.

Well I have/had been looking elsewhere for the past few months and found what I think is the best opprotunity for me. It's a Dept outside of Billings. The whole state tests in June and I found out, after talking to the Chief, that they will have 2 slots open, possibly more, because they just passed a bond to open a new house and they need to staff it. But the BIG feather in my cap is, me being a PADI Scuba Instructor and MFA Instructor. They just picked up the Swift Water Boat Rescue from the Yellowstone Sheriff Dept. So they need to man that as well.

Even though they test in June, I can get out there and get on with their Volunteer program and recertify my EMT. (I've already gotten a slot for the next class at the end of Jan. Here in Seattle, the next available class won't be for another 14 months...there's a freakin waiting list) Also, the number of applicants is ...shall we say, inviting. For Seattle, this go round.....3500 people. For the state of Montana.....275-350 people. BIG difference.

So, I'm going to be sticking around here for another couple of weeks, and help out at work. It's our busy season and I don't want to leave these guys high and dry, besides, I'm making a S**T load of extra money. Then I'll be pulling out of here 15Jan05.

Just seeing if there's anyone on here that's in the Billings or Montana AO? I'll be checking back here from time to time, computer avalibilty is the factor.

Oh yeah....there was also a woman involved. My OLD/EX roommate help move the process up to this month instead of March....the Bitch. :mad: ...(But that's another story).

Gypsy
12-29-2004, 19:22
Oh yeah....there was also a woman involved. My OLD/EX roommate help move the process up to this month instead of March....the Bitch. :mad: ...(But that's another story).

Yippee! Good on ya S. And.......good riddance, that woman is a lunatic. And I'm being nice...

Sdiver
12-29-2004, 19:49
Yippee! Good on ya S. And.......good riddance, that woman is a lunatic. And I'm being nice...

:D :D :D

You're the BEST !!!!!

MSCP ;)

Roguish Lawyer
12-29-2004, 23:13
Congrats, but this is going to complicate our mutual drinking endeavors.

Goggles Pizano
12-30-2004, 11:26
Good luck, hope everything works out for you!

Sdiver
01-01-2005, 23:36
Congrats, but this is going to complicate our mutual drinking endeavors.

True.....but at least we'll have a safe house in Billings. :D

NousDefionsDoc
01-01-2005, 23:57
Well, good luck. Keep in touch.

Do they have internet in Montana?

Sdiver
01-02-2005, 00:38
Well, good luck. Keep in touch.

Do they have internet in Montana?

I don't know ????? :confused:

I might have to run out and buy a bunch of coax and trail it behind my truck from Seattle.

Either that or send up smoke signals....cause I am going to be in "injun" country. (before anyone gets crazy, I'm part Chippawa on my dad's mothers side.)

Sdiver
01-14-2005, 13:17
Let's see....

Wobbie ..... check
Super Wobbie .... Double check
Double Weave Long Johns ..... You Bet Your A**

Well I head out at 1200 hours PST tomorrow. I'll check in when I can. :munchin :lifter

alphamale
01-14-2005, 13:57
What is a wobbie?

(now tell me the truth, darn it!)

Sdiver, best of luck to you.

FrontSight

CPTAUSRET
01-14-2005, 14:26
What is a wobbie?

(now tell me the truth, darn it!)

Sdiver, best of luck to you.

FrontSight

I think he meant Woobie. Perhaps you are you messing with him?

Irregardless; good luck sdiver.

Stay safe.

Terry

Gypsy
01-14-2005, 19:41
I think he meant Woobie. Perhaps you are you messing with him?

Irregardless; good luck sdiver.

Stay safe.

Terry

LOL no Sir...Sdiver did mispell first.

I'll let one of the Gentlemen here answer FS's question...but hey FS I have one! A gift from an Army Ranger, all I have to do is "make it my own". :lifter I'm partly there as I carry it everywhere, and it has kept me warm and comforted me. It now requires just one or two more activities...

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 12:02
Well, I made it.

Pulled into Billings on the 16th, after racing a storm out of Seattle, that was moving up from the South and had just shut down Portland.

Got a place the next day and then started the "job hunt" thing. Right now it looks as if I might be put into the Production Manager slot at one of the local TV stations (ABC and FOX affiliates)

The Fire Dept gig is still out there too. Stopped by the station house and filled out my volunteer paperwork, which will test sometime in April, then the Big test is in June. Till then I'm going to be doing a "ride along" program they have in place.

Got on wil the dive shop that I had been talking to, but unfortunitly, they teach their classes the same nights that my EMT class is (which started this past Tuesday). But any other classes or private classes they have, they're mine.

Looks as if I really didn't need my "woobie" (yes...yes...I know. :rolleyes: ). Weather has been awesome. Temps have been in the upper 50's since I arrived. Just the other day we hit 65 degrees. All this sun and NO rain....Toto, looks like we're not in Seattle anymore.

Well, just checking in. Anyone makes it up this way, We've got a Safe House in place.

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 12:06
Good to hear, S. Let us know if you need anything.

Goggles Pizano
01-27-2005, 12:10
Enjoy the weather for now. Wait until you have to plug in your car everyday LOL!

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 12:10
Good to hear, S. Let us know if you need anything.

How about a Professional HOCKEY season? :boohoo

Thanks for the offer R.L.

CPTAUSRET
01-27-2005, 12:11
sdiver:

Glad you made it. Good luck re the job junt.

Terry

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 12:12
Enjoy the weather for now. Wait until you have to plug in your car everyday LOL!

I shudder the thought. :eek:

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 12:13
sdiver:

Glad you made it. Good luck re the job junt.

Terry

Thanks Sir.

I've got a good feeling one this. I meet with the Station Manager again tomorrow and the way he sounded in our first meeting.........keep your fingers crossed.

Weazle23
01-27-2005, 12:19
Good to hear you made it safe and sound.

Are you a hunter? Prime country for that.

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 12:21
Good to hear you made it safe and sound.

Are you a hunter? Prime country for that.

Yes I am....alot of the Women here are HOT !!!!

Time to Cowboy up. :lifter

Gypsy
01-27-2005, 13:17
How about a Professional HOCKEY season?

Just had to go there, didn't you? :(

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 13:26
How about a Professional HOCKEY season? :boohoo

http://www.billingsbulls.com/

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 16:43
http://www.billingsbulls.com/

Oh Yeah !!!!

Already checked them out. They play about 5 minutes down the road from me.

Not a bad team. Some good hitting. :D

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 16:45
Oh Yeah !!!!

Already checked them out. They play about 5 minutes down the road from me.

Not a bad team. Some good hitting. :D

Glad you like them, because there will be no NHL hockey this year. :(

At least you're close to Canada . . .

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 16:47
Glad you like them, because there will be no NHL hockey this year. :(

At least you're close to Canada . . .

I was just as close to Canada while in Seattle.

Now I'm closer to COLORADO. :D :lifter

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 16:51
I was just as close to Canada while in Seattle.

Now I'm closer to COLORADO. :D :lifter

There is one player I like on that team now. And I am bitter we lost him, although he is past his prime and you overpaid. :D

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 16:57
There is one player I like on that team now. And I am bitter we lost him, although he is past his prime and you overpaid. :D

You mean this guy ?

Oh Yeah....and what's that he's holding ??? :D :lifter :lifter

Roguish Lawyer
01-27-2005, 17:03
You mean this guy ?

No, I detest him and boo him every time he touches the puck.

Sdiver
01-27-2005, 17:05
No, I detest him and boo him every time he touches the puck.

:D :D :D