PDA

View Full Version : How many Terrorist were involved??

JJ_BPK
09-06-2015, 05:38
This weekend, 43 (tx Richard) yrs ago, the Olympic Village was attacked by a bunch of muzzies.. It is easy to list each of the soles lost, by name, by religion, by country of origin,, but how many terrorist were there??

There are umpteen web pages that list all the terrorist attacks, ad-nazium, but very little data on the attackers.

I know,, you'll say it's easy to find, just read the details.. Boston Massacre was only two brothers,, but I also think several secondary support terrorist were indicted??

I'm looking for how many terrorist were involved??

Does anyone have statics on the number of terrorist that were involved in the various attacks after Munich??

There are many arguments about we can't blame ALL MUZZIES for the actions of a few..

My argument is it only takes a "few",,
I need some data for my argument..

:munchin

Richard
09-06-2015, 06:45
This weekend, 74 yrs ago, the Olympic Village was attacked...

Sorry, JJ, but I was a 91B2S in the 7th SFGA when that took place - and it wasn't "74 years ago" because I'm only 65 now.

It - and all the airline hijackings, kidnappings, and attacks on public officials taking place at the time by both state sponsored and non-sponsored terrorist groups - did have a lasting impact on the SOF communities leading to the creation of the specialized SMUs we know today.

A few years later when I was in Bad Tölz, we used to load out of the airfield at Fürstenfeldbruck; there were memorialized markings on the pad where the helicopters had been parked during that failed rescue attempt.

Richard

BrokenSwitch
09-06-2015, 07:01
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Wrath_of_God

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Munich_massacre

Of note: Mahmoud Abbas, current head of the PLO, was the terrorists' financier.

Old Dog New Trick
09-06-2015, 07:13
JJ, little confused by your time line as well but,

For data points: "It only takes the willing." Is that one, two, five, eight or nineteen?

History is replete with the actual numbers of players in the field, but often unable to count the support and auxiliary that hatched the idea, conducted the surveillance, moved the pieces into place or provided material support.

BTW there were eight Palestinians responsible for the 1972 Munich Massacre. And the list of supporting cast went all the way to the top. I don't know that number, doubt even the Israelis will ever know - but they gave kiling them all a damned good try.

JJ_BPK
09-06-2015, 07:32
Maybe I mis-directed???

I am not looking at Munich, in the singular,, but ALL the terrorist attacks from 1972 forward..

Old Dog New Trick
09-06-2015, 09:53
Excluding the Irish, a few Germans, an American or two, and about a half dozen Spanish speaking ones, all the rest are Muslim.

America, Russia, China, Europe, India, the Philippians, Asia and Southeast Asia have all been attacked from outside foreign terrorist groups predominantly from the religion of peace.

I have always wondered why after the event ends, the smoke clears, and the atrocity is over that we succumb to give them what they seek. Attention: A platform for recognition, a seat at the table, or financial reward to alleviate their suffering.

If we look back on the Columbine HS Massacre, I shouldn't know or be able to google Eric Harris or Dylan Klebold by name. The students and teachers that died didn't become martyrs for a cause of change, but we as a society elevated these two to cult status in less than two weeks. Our policies and politics and media gave rise in the aftermath of that singular event to spawn an ever increasing loss of life in schools.

The Israelis suffered a school massacre and they armed every adult from the school officials and teachers to the bus drivers. Terrorists stops targeting schools. We disarmed everyone within 1000' of school and hung up - Murder Here, It's Open Season - signs.

Al Qaeda was nothing before Mogadishu but our loss and subsequent withdrawal from many places including Afghanistan during the Clinton administration gave rise to their organization and made a Demi God out of a nobody named Usama bin Laden.

While they grew, our foreign policies became a financial support system to fund them, feed them, provide them a spot on the evening news. While we (us) sat at home with barely enough money to train and not enough bullets to shoot. We became weak and became the hunted with ROEs from the President, SecDef and CJCS on down that made any forward deployed asset a target of opportunity.

You know what would have prevented 9/11/2001? A fucking lock! Even if the FAA had to mark up a $35 deadbolt to $500 it would have prevented it.

You know what would have saved all those kids at Sandy Hook? A shotgun in the principle's office.

The problem with "terrorists and terrorism" whether domestic or international isn't the bloodshed and loss of life, it's the bully pulpit and attention given to it by the media afterwards. We make "martyrs" out of the wrong people!

MR2
09-06-2015, 11:59
et al

:lifter

How would you like to testify in front of the Colorado State Legislature sometime in Feb/Mar 2016?

Old Dog New Trick
09-06-2015, 12:14
:lifter

How would you like to testify in front of the Colorado State Legislature sometime in Feb/Mar 2016?

I'd like to but I'm afraid none of them would listen.

GratefulCitizen
09-06-2015, 13:24
I have always wondered why after the event ends, the smoke clears, and the atrocity is over that we succumb to give them what they seek. Attention: A platform for recognition, a seat at the table, or financial reward to alleviate their suffering.

The problem with "terrorists and terrorism" whether domestic or international isn't the bloodshed and loss of life, it's the bully pulpit and attention given to it by the media afterwards. We make "martyrs" out of the wrong people!

If you want more of a particular behavior, reward it.
Tribute comes in many forms.

"Millions for defense, but not one cent for tribute."
-Robert Goodloe Harper

MR2
09-06-2015, 14:45
I'd like to but I'm afraid none of them would listen.

Convincing elected officials who have their minds made up is not my target audience.

Video of you giving them what for will wake up sheep, reinvigorate our supporters, and allow us to fund raise like crazy.

That money, that energy will land in the middle of the 2016 Primary which will allow us to push over the top several true conservatives over the RINOs.

That translates into political energy which we'll harness into GOP victories in the polls.

Every conservative we have in the legislature stiffens the spine of every "Republican" by 10% and will swing the 3-4 Dems that we have our way even more.

I get just one more stiff spine on the "kill committee" I'll get good bills to the floor. Once those bills hit the floor, I can get recorded votes. With recorded votes, I get to pound the hell out of Democrats and bad Republicans.

The legislators know that and will bend my way.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

mark46th
09-06-2015, 16:50
I'd like to but I'm afraid none of them would listen." ODNT

Fuck 'em. Legislators, local, state or federal wouldn't lift a finger to save their own wives and children. When the knife is literally at their own throat, they will act...

Team Sergeant
09-07-2015, 07:33
Maybe I mis-directed???

I am not looking at Munich, in the singular,, but ALL the terrorist attacks from 1972 forward..

I remember my 20 years in the US military and at the same time the rise of the islamic terrorist.

In the 70's islamic terrorists made themselves known to the world, but no big deal we just dealt with them like "whack a mole".

Now their are entire "armies" of islamic terrorists big enough to frighten the leaders of the most powerful nations on earth.

And today they are employing a new tactic, as war-torn middle eastern countries continue to fight they are infiltrating islamic fighters into nations all over the world labeled as "refugees".

And we wonder why we cannot get ahead of this curve.

We invented "asymmetrical warfare" but it seems the muslims are the true masters at it........

The next twenty years will be most exciting as nuclear weapons are built and employed by muslims......

Edit to add: And remember what the fat ugly bitch janet napolitano says: The biggest threat to National Security is the "veteran lone wolf".......... Keep voting democrat and we'll get this party started decades sooner..............

abc_123
09-07-2015, 08:03
I remember my 20 years in the US military and at the same time the rise of the islamic terrorist.

In the 70's islamic terrorists made themselves known to the world, but no big deal we just dealt with them like "whack a mole".

Now their are entire "armies" of islamic terrorists big enough to frighten the leaders of the most powerful nations on earth.

And today they are employing a new tactic, as war-torn middle eastern countries continue to fight they are infiltrating islamic fighters into nations all over the world labeled as "refugees".

And we wonder why we cannot get ahead of this curve.

We invented "asymmetrical warfare" but it seems the muslims are the true masters at it........

The next twenty years will be most exciting as nuclear weapons are built and employed by muslims......

Edit to add: And remember what the fat ugly bitch janet napolitano says: The biggest threat to National Security is the "veteran lone wolf".......... Keep voting democrat and we'll get this party started decades sooner..............

It won't take nulear weapons. Look at the birth rates of muslim immigrants/refugees/invaders in european countries as opposed to birth rates of those with european christian ancestry which are at rates that historically cannot maintain a culture/civilization. I think that in many countries in europe, islamitization is inevitable, irreversable...without civil war breaking out that is.

We might not be at that point here in the US, but we are heading that way. I only have two kids..so its not like i helped.

Old Dog New Trick
09-07-2015, 10:02
Where did the Aztecs and the Incas go?

What happened to the Native American Indian?

How have all Empires eventually failed?

Who were the players in the Revolutionary War; who won; who lost; who befriended their enemies simply to gain strength; only to cast them aside later?

Maybe not directly related to the OP but along the lines of "one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world, it is the only thing that ever has." (Margaret Mead)