PDA

View Full Version : A tragic story with a happy ending.

Team Sergeant
09-02-2015, 18:59
Man has his priorities straight! I like the way this guy thinks..... I'm just wondering if he also saved the beer????
And to the folks that don't think the ribs were worth saving have never eaten good ribs.......;)

WATCH: Man Saves BBQ Ribs from Apartment Fire
by Daniel Nussbaum2 Sep 2015

Robert Wright was grilling meat at around 3 a.m. at his apartment in Fresno when a fire broke out in a neighbor’s unit, according to local Fox affiliate KMPH.

After first securing his family, Wright headed back inside and saved what any of us would: the rack of barbecue ribs left on the grill.

“I was barbecuing man, and I see this fire just come out of the window and the window busted out,” Wright told KMPH photojournalist Ryan Hudgins, who was on scene covering the fire.

“The only thing I think first man, ‘make sure them ribs is right,'” Wright continued.

“I got my kids first, first thing I got my kids, and then I thought about my ribs, like ‘I don’t wanna let my ribs burn and stuff,’ cause I take pride in what I do, man.”

The video is an instant classic–not because Wright saved the rack of ribs, which I’m sure any of us would do. It’s because he holds them up on a spit for the entire duration of the interview. And they really do look delicious.

Since its posting on YouTube Tuesday, the video has already racked up more than 100,000 hits in 24 hours.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/09/02/watch-man-saves-bbq-ribs-from-apartment-fire/

The Reaper
09-02-2015, 19:57
At 3:00 a.m.?

Hmmm.

TR

PSM
09-02-2015, 21:33
You guys are missing the point. The ribs were saved! :lifter

ETA: It's Fresno. ;)

Pat

Team Sergeant
09-03-2015, 09:41

Hmmm.

TR

I've done it before.......;) (Not burn down the house, BBQing at 2 and 3 AM.......)

mojaveman
09-03-2015, 10:31
It gets pretty hot in Fresno in the summer time. Maybe he was doing the ribs at night to keep from heating the apartment up during the the day. ;)

Gypsy
09-11-2015, 18:33

Hmmm.

TR

Probably had like the munchies, man. :D