PDA

View Full Version : House Bomb

NousDefionsDoc
12-29-2004, 10:58
Huge Bomb Kills 28 in Police Raid in Baghdad

51 minutes ago

By Waleed Ibrahim and Omar Anwar

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - At least 28 people were killed in Baghdad overnight when insurgents detonated three-quarters of a ton of explosives in a house that police were raiding, flattening neighboring homes.

Mmm - house bombs, now where have I heard that before....Casey?

casey
12-31-2004, 16:29
Aaaaaahhh.... the ever present "come on". I'm thinkin' when they'res even the most remote thought of a personal martyrdom opn or (for those whose religion forbads it SOTB) an RCIED, my newest best friends are those above me on station. As everywhere, intel is the key.

Sorry for the response delay - we've been on some real anarchist assholes from the left coast for the last few days. They actually though the Constitution is the same here..Baaawwwwaaahhhhh.... Gimme that flag beeyoch!!!

NousDefionsDoc
12-31-2004, 16:53
For those that don't know, we had a rash of these down here not long ago. Whole dwellings wired.

Anarchists - LOL. Punch a Bakunin follower for me!

stanley_white
12-31-2004, 22:34
Same as when they raided the Train Bombers place in Spain?

casey
12-31-2004, 23:34
Same as when they raided the Train Bombers place in Spain?

Negative - Spain was not a come on. Come ons are designed to lure one in. They're should have been no doubt what the jihadist would do in Spain;

The letter delivered to the Egyption embassy in Spain on March 12 from several jihadist groups took responsibility for the bombing & warned of more attacks if Spain didn't leave Iraq, and in short, appease several muslim issues

Second identical bomb on train tracks in April attempted to derail metro speed bullet train (low ordered). Same groups took responsibility

Spanish intel knew multiple players to include "the tunisan" who led the group. They also knew that most of the cell had been trained in Algeria et al

Police and military surrounded the cells apartment, and were promptly shot at by jihadist inside amidst crys of allah akbar!

Spanish Intel intercepted phone calls from apartment during "standoff" wherein jihadist contacted members of JI terrorist group in Indonesia (spoke with aide of Abu Bashir) and requested religious "permission" to martyr themselves.

Strapped explosives to themselves and cranked off when assault began

(As an aside, Spanish Assault team leader who was killed, was buried with full military honors. Several days later his body was dug up - stabbed multiple times and set on fire, after his cakset was turned to face the street.)

This was not a come on, this was lack of understanding one's enemy IMHO.
I would think of this more as a Beslan type job - without the hostages.

stanley_white
01-01-2005, 06:34
Thanks for the info Casey. Very informative.

Is "Come On" the term being used to describe this type of thing by those in the know?

casey
01-01-2005, 16:17
Thanks for the info Casey. Very informative.

Is "Come On" the term being used to describe this type of thing by those in the know?

I wouldn't know, as I try hard to stay away from most of those "in the know" groups. I use it just because it fits.

NousDefionsDoc
01-01-2005, 16:24
I wouldn't know, as I try hard to stay away from most of those "in the know" groups. I use it just because it fits.

LOL - Don't let him shit you Stanley. ;)

stanley_white
01-01-2005, 17:38

Roger that.

I'll be sure not to use the term "Come On" until it's listed here:

http://www.dtic.mil/doctrine/dod_dictionary/

:D

casey
01-01-2005, 18:02

LOL Damn, smacked down like a crossed eyed, red headed step child with a speech impediment - on New Years Day no less....

CPTAUSRET
01-03-2005, 12:00
Negative - Spain was not a come on. Come ons are designed to lure one in. They're should have been no doubt what the jihadist would do in Spain;

The letter delivered to the Egyption embassy in Spain on March 12 from several jihadist groups took responsibility for the bombing & warned of more attacks if Spain didn't leave Iraq, and in short, appease several muslim issues

Second identical bomb on train tracks in April attempted to derail metro speed bullet train (low ordered). Same groups took responsibility

Spanish intel knew multiple players to include "the tunisan" who led the group. They also knew that most of the cell had been trained in Algeria et al

Police and military surrounded the cells apartment, and were promptly shot at by jihadist inside amidst crys of allah akbar!

Spanish Intel intercepted phone calls from apartment during "standoff" wherein jihadist contacted members of JI terrorist group in Indonesia (spoke with aide of Abu Bashir) and requested religious "permission" to martyr themselves.

Strapped explosives to themselves and cranked off when assault began

(As an aside, Spanish Assault team leader who was killed, was buried with full military honors. Several days later his body was dug up - stabbed multiple times and set on fire, after his cakset was turned to face the street.)

This was not a come on, this was lack of understanding one's enemy IMHO.
I would think of this more as a Beslan type job - without the hostages.

Casey:

Very interesting read.

Thank you.

Terry

casey
01-03-2005, 15:21
My pleasure/passion