PDA

View Full Version : Changes to basic training will produce better soldiers

Pete
08-11-2015, 05:08
Army leaders: Changes to basic training will produce better soldiers

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-leaders-changes-to-basic-training-will-produce-better-soldiers-1.362369

"....The changes, which emphasize fitness and character building while thinning the skills to those most relevant to a non-war-going force, were formulated at Fort Eustis' Center for Initial Military Training...."

I don't, or at least I hope, I didn't read "...while thinning the skills to those most relevant to a non-war-going force..." right.

Box
08-11-2015, 05:40
in order to be a good soldier you have to have a good ethical, moral foundation

I cant wait to see what that means in the context of transgendered, LGBT, everyone-gets-a-turn military that we are now fielding.
...we have been paying fast and loose with ethics and morality for so long I'm not sure most troops even know what the fuck those words mean anymore.

Ethics and Morality
...bah humbug

Trapper John
08-11-2015, 06:22
Army leaders: Changes to basic training will produce better soldiers

http://www.stripes.com/news/us/army-leaders-changes-to-basic-training-will-produce-better-soldiers-1.362369

"....The changes, which emphasize fitness and character building while thinning the skills to those most relevant to a non-war-going force, were formulated at Fort Eustis' Center for Initial Military Training...."

I don't, or at least I hope, I didn't read "...while thinning the skills to those most relevant to a non-war-going force..." right.

But they will look nice with the new dress uniform. :p

JJ_BPK
08-11-2015, 06:56
Why doesn't the Five-Sided Outhouse separate and outsource all non-combat jobs??

Keep SF, Rangers, MARSOC, 160th SOAR, SEALs, & Airborne Infantry.

Arty, Navy, Air Force, & 70% of the Army are all truck drivers delivering the goods.

Give them a union and be done with it??

bubba
08-11-2015, 16:50
Better yet, get rid of the Active Duty Army and Airforce. Fold the 18th ABN Corps (82nd, 101st, 10th Mtn, plus a "Heavy Division" with one BDE of Tankers / Mech infantry and 2 BDEs of Strikers) under the department of the Navy ala USMC (Corps....) then make the ballence get "day jobs" while they go to a National Guard force structure. USSOCOM absorbs all of us "Special Folks" into a new branch that is filled by recruiting mechinisms similar to what we have today only without all of the double and triple tapping of capabilities. DA units do DA, Recce units Recce shit, HRT Guys rescue people, UW folks do UW, etc etc. But hey, what do I know......

Go Devil
08-11-2015, 18:44
Better yet, get rid of the Active Duty Army and Airforce. Fold the 18th ABN Corps (82nd, 101st, 10th Mtn, plus a "Heavy Division" with one BDE of Tankers / Mech infantry and 2 BDEs of Strikers) under the department of the Navy ala USMC (Corps....) then make the ballence get "day jobs" while they go to a National Guard force structure. USSOCOM absorbs all of us "Special Folks" into a new branch that is filled by recruiting mechinisms similar to what we have today only without all of the double and triple tapping of capabilities. DA units do DA, Recce units Recce shit, HRT Guys rescue people, UW folks do UW, etc etc. But hey, what do I know......

Fuck It All.

Let the Warriors walk off into the woods. The coasts and and flower people will fall to Islam. I believe we can hold the bread basket between the mountains.