PDA

View Full Version : Petition --- CCW permits carry on military bases

Team Sergeant
08-05-2015, 08:21
Sign petition for CCW permits carry on military bases:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-active-duty-military-personnel-military-retirees-and-veterans-ccw-permits-carry-weapons-military-bases-0

Sign it and send it to everyone you know. It's time for common sense and to allow our soldiers to defend themselves!

TS

JimP
08-05-2015, 08:26
Fat chance but I'll sign. The idiots won't even let the security guys carry their POW's on post when reporting to their security duties. Insanity.

Old Dog New Trick
08-05-2015, 08:41
Done!

Old Dog New Trick
08-05-2015, 08:48
Fat chance but I'll sign. The idiots won't even let the security guys carry their POW's on post when reporting to their security duties. Insanity.

While I agree it's a fat chance, it might soften the areas of a military installation where a CCW holder has to travel through non-controlled properties.

Right now there are hundreds if not thousands of law breakers everyday on an installation who are hoping to be judged by 12 than carried by six.

Trapper John
08-05-2015, 08:54
Done!

Hand
08-05-2015, 09:03
Signed.

Team Sergeant
08-05-2015, 09:50

I agree but it adds to the anger that our soldiers are not allowed to defend themselves.

It also shows the American public that our current government / administration is incompetent, including the joint chiefs.

Soon the islamic morons will turn their eyes back to the west when they realize that our soldiers are unarmed at home and our government doesn't care.

SF_BHT
08-05-2015, 10:10
Signed

Box
08-05-2015, 10:42
...done

Now I'll just sit back and wait for the men in black to come and get me

Team Sergeant
08-05-2015, 10:52
...done

Now I'll just sit back and wait for the men in black to come and get me

(They're busy in Texas.... might be a while.)

cetheridge
08-05-2015, 11:23
DONE!

PRB
08-05-2015, 12:20
done and fwded to a 3-5th Gp. email ring.

T-Rock
08-05-2015, 12:39
Done.., and circulated.

SF18C
08-05-2015, 12:42
Signed...signature #16,624!

Holy crap...I'm in Texas!

But seriously folks, I don’t understand what a state issued CCP/CHL is not allowed on a federal installation but my state issued driver’s license is required on this Federal installation!!! It’s not like we are asking to arm all the Soldiers that live in work on post. But damn, if they go out and follow the state guidelines and processes to receive a carry conceal permit then why is that right stripped at the front gate!!!

ddoering
08-05-2015, 13:00
I'm betting that when the petition gets published those who signed it will find themselves in the search lane every time they try to go on post.

Old Dog New Trick
08-05-2015, 13:32
But seriously folks, I don’t understand *SNIP* why is that right stripped at the front gate!!!

Because only this RIGHT is treated like a PRIVILEGE by those in power; ironically by those same leaders who swore to protect and defend the constitution. :mad:

MtnGoat
08-05-2015, 15:20
Signed...signature #16,637!

Peregrino
08-05-2015, 17:31
Necessary. I have serious problems with the moral cowardice of a military leadership that's more concerned about potential ADs (let's just call them what they are - NDs), than they are about the dead and wounded Service Members that WILL happen again - because that's what our enemies have promised. This stupidity must stop. We had an SFC at work get jacked up today coming through the gate with a pistol. Having spent two hours "jacked up" by the USAF SPs coming through the gate on Pope a few years ago for the same thing (NTM $1K to a lawyer and 5 months to get my pistol back) I'm a big advocate of instilling some common sense in this institutional insanity.

cbtengr
08-05-2015, 18:27
Signed and shared.

Old Dog New Trick
08-05-2015, 19:03
Great two-minute plug on KTTH 770 AM talk radio hosted by Todd Herman, and uniquely tied in with the FBI story about Colorado and Wyoming threats.

Wish there was a way for me to attach audio clip. But it's probably searchable on line. Duh, listen at the 19:15 mark.

http://ktth.com/listen/9990517

<iframe src="http://kiroradio.com/embed_ktth.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Faudio.kiroradio.c om%2Fseattle%2Fkiro%2F2015%2F08%2Fbenshapiro080515 _3_517.mp3&name=Hour+3+-+GUEST+HOST+-+Todd+Herman+-+FBI+looking+into+Hillary+email+servers%3B+Todd+sa ys+that+the+hit+on+Hillary+is+sanctioned+by+some+i n+the+Democratic+Party&show=The+Ben+Shapiro+Show" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; width:100%; height:130px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

Old Dog New Trick
08-06-2015, 10:22
Daily bump.

Also, scroll down about halfway. http://ktth.com They put a link on their website.

SF_BHT
08-06-2015, 12:27
Signed...signature #16,624!

Holy crap...I'm in Texas!

But seriously folks, I don’t understand what a state issued CCP/CHL is not allowed on a federal installation but my state issued driver’s license is required on this Federal installation!!! It’s not like we are asking to arm all the Soldiers that live in work on post. But damn, if they go out and follow the state guidelines and processes to receive a carry conceal permit then why is that right stripped at the front gate!!!

No you want to violate their kingdom..... Never:p. It is all about control. Went to the Social Security office last year and their guards would not let me pass with my weapon. Showed creds and the still had no access. The director had posted a sign that no police could enter with arms. Got their boss and he about shit .... He told them it was local cops not Fed's. They were having a pissing contest with the PD.

It is always about turf control......:munchin

Hell here in the third world shithole the military has all NCOs and officers armed with sidearms. Hell if they can pull it off why can't the U.S. ?

I hope the policy changes but am not holding my breath.

Trapper John
08-06-2015, 12:56
I'm a big advocate of instilling some common sense in this institutional insanity.

From my POV you cannot instill common sense into the institution, but you sure as hell can drive the stupidity out! JMHO :D

cbtengr
08-06-2015, 13:34
The petition has another 9 days to get 83,000 plus signatures in order for the WH to consider it. The petition to extradite the lion hunting dentist back to Zimbabwe got in excess of 160,000 signatures in no time whatsoever.

Just what are the priorities of the people of this nation? As much as I hope this petition gets the needed signatures I do not see it happening, certain human lives seem to mean very little in this country

Javadrinker
08-06-2015, 16:52
done

PRB
08-06-2015, 16:58
So, what are the chances you'd get busted carrying concealed on base?
Not that I'd ever do that you understand but I think them mighty slim.

SF_BHT
08-06-2015, 17:23
So, what are the chances you'd get busted carrying concealed on base?
Not that I'd ever do that you understand but I think them mighty slim.

Well here I have never seen the AF check any POV with a driver that has a military ID. Hell I never show my Military ID, just my creds and they just wave me through. But this is an AF base...

PRB
08-06-2015, 17:46
Well here I have never seen the AF check any POV with a driver that has a military ID. Hell I never show my Military ID, just my creds and they just wave me through. But this is an AF base...

Yup, and if they ever check your POV so what...like they are going to pat you down?

SF_BHT
08-06-2015, 18:43
Yup, and if they ever check your POV so what...like they are going to pat you down?

I did have the MP at the gate at Bliss ask " You are carrying?" I just smiled and said of course and smiled. He just waved me through.

When I use my military ID I am always ready to pull out the Creds. At that point they can say nothing.... I did have a retired buddy in VA show his Retired Creds to the MP and the MP said they mean nothing here. I just told the MP I would shout him if he gets out of line. He smiled and waved me through after saying to just take the body off base so they have less paperwork....

PRB
08-06-2015, 18:59
I did have the MP at the gate at Bliss ask " You are carrying?" I just smiled and said of course and smiled. He just waved me through.

When I use my military ID I am always ready to pull out the Creds. At that point they can say nothing.... I did have a retired buddy in VA show his Retired Creds to the MP and the MP said they mean nothing here. I just told the MP I would shout him if he gets out of line. He smiled and waved me through after saying to just take the body off base so they have less paperwork....

I carry every time I've been on a base....I'd like to have it totally legal but I approach it as I do every 'gun free zone'...the same way a criminal does because that is the worst case scenario.

Joker
08-06-2015, 19:59

Oh I see that everyday on MacDill at every gate. Not every car, but random cars.

Red Flag 1
08-06-2015, 20:12
Done; 16,745; we need a few more.

frostfire
08-06-2015, 23:36
Oh I see that everyday on MacDill at every gate. Not every car, but random cars.

They do this at Bragg too! I've been on the receiving end and it was a thorough search especially with each security level change. So glad I was an armless, defenseless sheepdog :(

SF18C
08-07-2015, 06:45
Hmmm...I don't think that petition is gonna make 100K. :mad:

Old Dog New Trick
08-07-2015, 13:45
Interesting take from a command point of view. Read the last comment (included below)

Navy seeks to position armed guards at off base reserve and recruiting stations.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Navy to position guards at reserve centers

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/07/navy-position-guards-reserve-centers/31295179/

The Navy has sent out a message seeking reservists with weapons qualifications to apply for the armed guard positions throughout the country.

Old Dog New Trick
08-07-2015, 13:49
Hmmm...I don't think that petition is gonna make 100K. :mad:

I don't either, but I wonder if they included all the different but somehow differently worded petitions to the WH how many people have signed a version of the same. (Excluding people who have signed more than once?)

I see almost a half dozen petitions asking the same thing with several thousand signatures.

The Reaper
08-07-2015, 14:31
I don't think the Administration would look into this if it had a million signatures.

As far as they are concerned, soldier's lives don't matter, and has been repeatedly proven by their inattention and inaction.

Let a drug-addicted celebrity commit suicide, and the flags drop to half-staff in minutes. Let multiple soldiers be slain in cold-blood by Muslim extremists, and it takes days for them to recognize it.

They don't care.

TR

Old Dog New Trick
08-07-2015, 15:01
I don't think the Administration would look into this if it had a million signatures.

As far as they are concerned, soldier's lives don't matter, and has been repeatedly proven by their inattention and inaction.

Let a drug-addicted celebrity commit suicide, and the flags drop to half-staff in minutes. Let multiple soldiers be slain in cold-blood by Muslim extremists, and it takes days for them to recognize it.

They don't care.

TR

Sadly I concur. :(

But the next administration (barring a gender change of the same) might grow a pair and change history.

In other news: No charges against Lt.Cmdr. White!
http://www.stripes.com/source-no-charges-against-navy-officer-for-weapons-violations-in-chattanooga-attack-1.361644

tom kelly
08-07-2015, 16:10
Interesting take from a command point of view. Read the last comment (included below)

Navy seeks to position armed guards at off base reserve and recruiting stations.

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

Navy to position guards at reserve centers

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/07/navy-position-guards-reserve-centers/31295179/

THINK THEY (THE DOD & NCIS) WOULD ALLOW ANYONE TO HAVE A WEAPON ON THE BASE IN KINGS BAY, GA. ???? TOM KELLY

cedsall
08-08-2015, 15:41
Done.

Hang on, someone's knocking at the door...:D