PDA

View Full Version : Can the U.S. prevent a war with Russia?

mojaveman
08-04-2015, 11:41
We probably should have had more foresight and left a reasonable military presence in Europe instead of implementing a complete drawdown.

http://observer.com/2015/08/can-the-united-states-stop-a-war-with-russia/

Box
08-04-2015, 12:09
Mr Hanick makes the following statement in his article...

Then Russia passed a law that prevented sexual propaganda to minors. This was the start of tensions. The LGBT lobby in the West saw this law as anti-gay.

Now I like to bash liberal causes as much or more than the next guy but to suggest that a war with Russia can be traced back to America being sympathetic to the oppressed LGBT population in Russia just seems like some of the most poorly analyzed, ignorant shit I have seen in print in quite some time.
...hell, it reads dumber than California appointing illegal aliens as city commissioners.

America and Russia have NEVER seen eye-to-eye on world affairs and even though we like to use political sleight of hand to claim that the "cold-war" was over, the truth is, Russia will NEVER be an ally of the caliber that we would expect in any of our random NATO partners.

Never ?

Never.

There was strife with Russia before the silly suggestion that Russia was going to start the wholesale criminal prosecution of LGBT's.

LGBT sympathy is the straw that broke the camels back?
...malarkey

Russia has been a peaceful opponent ever since Putin took over. The man is an old school KGB cloak and dagger die hard Russian. The idea that we were going to start trading apple pie recipes while Russia slowly learned how to speak the language of American capitalism never resonated with me.
...once a red, always a red.

Forgetting that fact will be what leads to any war that might erupt with Russia.
...LGBT activism will hardly be the spark that starts the prairie fire.
...and if it is, then we all deserve to be speaking Russian anyway.

Pete
08-04-2015, 12:17
If Europe doesn't like the way Russia is headed they could divert some of that welfare money into military hardware.

PRB
08-04-2015, 12:27
We've avoided war with Russia since 1945.

Old Dog New Trick
08-04-2015, 12:34
Clearly, you've not been paying attention to our foreign policy moves the last six years. We've been on a collision course to fundamentally and unequivocally destroy any resemblance of dominant world power held by the United States of America. Our allies know exactly where we stand - and it's no longer with them, or behind them.

Even our own domestic military policies on strength and dominance are being legislated to the weak and confused. You are either a "yes man" (err, oops, person) or you will be destroyed by the administration.

This is not an "accident" it is a thoroughly planned and (poorly) executed objective of the liberal elite to gain and maintain power. Through any means possible!

I fought the "Cold War" in Europe (Germany) all throughout the 80s and was happy to see it end. Never in such a short time did I think we could be standing on the precipice of where we are today, and Europe is prime for Russian expansion into the industrial markets of the west. They (Russia) hold the keys and the fuel that drives progress. China to Vladimir is either a bump in road or a key ally to global dominance.

Current "old favors" will be cashed in by the Clintons' when that day comes to avert both sides looking bad - political power will be the reward at the expense of liberties and freedom.

JMO

Team Sergeant
08-04-2015, 14:52
We've avoided war with Russia since 1945.

Yeah, I was thinking the very same thing...... not that Russia sees the US as weak right now.....

Pericles
08-05-2015, 14:11
If that author is an example of the intellectual capability of the US foreign policy establishment, no wonder that we are in a mess and not going to get out of the swamp anytime soon.

Box
08-05-2015, 14:58
If that author is an example of the intellectual capability of the US foreign policy establishment, no wonder that we are in a mess and not going to get out of the swamp anytime soon.

Why would you expect any different?
Intellectuals are chiefly guided by the intellect rather than by emotion or experience.
Reflection and speculation are more important than experimentation and discovery.

Intellectuals are also more likely to be vegans than non-intellectuals...
...so when you read articles like this one it makes me wonder if the authors diet is primarily fruit and NUTS