PDA

View Full Version : Those Crazy Canucks

Team Sergeant
07-10-2015, 12:42
Check out the photos......

People In Toronto Created A Memorial To A Dead Raccoon After The City Forgot To Pick It Up

RIP #DeadRaccoonTO

posted on Jul. 9, 2015, at 6:47 p.m.

Just after 9 a.m. Thursday morning a good citizen of Toronto saw a dead raccoon on the sidewalk. He alerted the city’s contact centre to come get the animal.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/craigsilverman/people-in-toronto-created-a-memorial-to-a-dead-raccoon-after#.gsyZMGqxL

Pete
07-10-2015, 13:24
That was pretty cool.

But.....

The person who sent the first message? It's just a racoon - not like it's a rabbit.

Car nailed a rabbit in front of the house. Went out with a shovel and a doubled shopping bag. Legs were a little stiff and tore through the bag so I had to get a second bag and bend the critter a little more. Then into the green roll-out.

Can't count the number of Opossums the dogs have nailed in the back yard. All of them were bagged and placed in the roll-out.

cbtengr
07-10-2015, 13:44
Must be having some cool weather up there, our coons down here get ripe pretty fast.
My mother who is 80 was having a coon problem so she got one of those Havahart traps, after she would catch them she would dispatch them with a 20 ga, shotgun, I asked mother if she grasped the concept of the Havahart trap?

TrapLine
07-10-2015, 13:50
Must be having some cool weather up there, our coons down here get ripe pretty fast.
My mother who is 80 was having a coon problem so she got one of those Havahart traps, after she would catch them she would dispatch them with a 20 ga, shotgun, I asked mother if she grasped the concept of the Havahart trap?

It sounds to me like she has figured out how to assure a stationary target.:D:lifter

FXCOfire
07-21-2015, 05:47
Apparently this isn't an isolated incident. Some sense of humor...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/tanyachen/a-history-of-torontos-rogue-animal-obsession#.bhlQRkBB5r

SouthernDZ
07-21-2015, 06:53
One of the old MedLab instructors (behind the gas station on Reilly) brought in the family cat that had died during the night so it could be incinerated on the compound - a big mistake.

As you might guess, "101 fun things to do with a dead cat" soon ensued among the caring and empathetic fellow 18D instructors. The final straw was to place the cat in the senior student's aid bag as he was moving to the trauma ready line. Fortunately all that pesky kerlix and dressings were removed to make room. The "patient" was prepared, "Medic" was called and he came a-runnin'.

I guess not all sense of humors are created equal. Remind me again where you can find "sympathy" in the dictionary?