PDA

View Full Version : M4A1+

pcfixer
07-06-2015, 06:55
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/tech/2015/07/04/m4a1plus-army-carbine-industry/28161275/

The Army has requested from industry new enhancements to create what's called an M4A1+. The "plus" components would give the M4A1 an extended Picatinny rail, a floating barrel to enhance accuracy and an optional sniper-style single-stage trigger.

Team Sergeant
07-06-2015, 10:12
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/tech/2015/07/04/m4a1plus-army-carbine-industry/28161275/

The Army has requested from industry new enhancements to create what's called an M4A1+. The "plus" components would give the M4A1 an extended Picatinny rail, a floating barrel to enhance accuracy and an optional sniper-style single-stage trigger.

Can't wait to see this....... :rolleyes: A little hard to do when everything is attached to it........

Chris O`Crooh
10-28-2015, 08:22
I wonder if there is a step cut on the barrel of M4A1+. There`s no need for one IMHO, as the rail-mounted grenade launchers are wide-spread, but I may be wrong.

Streck-Fu
10-28-2015, 08:50
Can't wait to see this....... :rolleyes: A little hard to do when everything is attached to it........

They would have to abandon the typical front sight/gas block/handguards and go with a low profile gas block and full float rail.

The only thing touching the barrel would be gas tube which would be better than the whole handguards/rail.

fng13
10-28-2015, 20:02
So they want the sopmod block 2 without the "SOCOM" profile barrel, and in FDE?
(SOCOM in quotes isn't mean as disrespect rather I'm not sure if that is the official term for the heavy profile barrel)

I mean isn't everything they're asking for already in the military's purchase system except maybe the finish itself?

I thought SF had the block 2 uppers with the 12 inch Daniel Defense rail some with FSP cutout and some without.

Also, wasn't one of the offerings from the last M4A1 PIP contract solicitations in FDE and had an AMBI lower.

I think they're going to have a hard time with the accuracy improvement goal of 90% 1.5 MOA or stated 5 inch at 300 yards considering that accuracy level exceeds the average lot potential of M855.

Flagg
10-28-2015, 22:05

Having just played with some LMT ARs would a monolithic upper/rail solve that?

miclo18d
10-29-2015, 06:35
Having just played with some LMT ARs would a monolithic upper/rail solve that?
Viking Tactical Alpha Rail would do just fine. (And support one of our own)

A light, a laser, a sight.

There are several barrels that will shoot 1 MOA (unfortunately for the real cool kids you need fps to get kills at longer distances= longer barrel, not shorter). As stated its mostly the ammo. 77gr Solves that. And good barrels are expensive and wear out quicker.

There is some really cool stuff on the market. Some could be useful, some are just gimmicks.

Nickel plated bolts increase lubricity. Drop in and adjustable triggers are very nice. I've been looking at the new ambi charging handles. BAD lever is a neat concept, I'd like to try it.

Less is always more because you still need to carry the damned thing!