PDA

View Full Version : California approves health care for children of illegal immigrants

mojaveman
06-17-2015, 21:44
California's new budget will provide health care for children of illegal immigrants.

Gee, I'm a native Californian and for Obamacare I have pay nearly $500.00 per month out of my own pocket. These folks are in this country and state illegally and they get health care for free? California tax payers will be paying for the $115.4 billion too.

Woo-hoo Governor Moonbeam, just one more way to ruin this once great state.

http://beta.pe.com/articles/state-770678-children-california.html

ddoering
06-18-2015, 03:35
Renounce your citizenship and refuse to leave. Demand free stuff. Not so difficult.

MR2
06-18-2015, 05:25
Renounce your citizenship and refuse to leave. Demand free stuff. Not so difficult.

It now costs $500 plus a tax on all assets to renounce.

Richard
06-18-2015, 09:03
Whether we agree with it or not, as with the issue(s) of immunizations, I think there are some valid reasons for this move inre to public health related issues and public safety for the larger community.

Richard

Oldrotorhead
06-18-2015, 10:09
While Brown is pandering to future Democrat voters. This man paints a bleak picture of his area of the State. You can almost feel his pain in what he writes. The attached post covers one day in his life. :munchin

http://pjmedia.com/victordavishanson/

Box
06-18-2015, 12:16
I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles and never frowns
Soon I will be President

Carter power will soon go away
I will be fuhrer one day
I will command all of you
Your kids will meditate in school

California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

ddoering
06-18-2015, 16:38
Whether we agree with it or not, as with the issue(s) of immunizations, I think there are some valid reasons for this move inre to public health related issues and public safety for the larger community.

Richard

Why not just round them up and deport them when they come in for a free check up? Send them back to their native habitats. California is broke but can still squeeze another tax dollar from honest people to pay for benefits of the undeserving.

Richard
06-18-2015, 19:29
Why not just round them up and deport them when they come in for a free check up? Send them back to their native habitats. California is broke but can still squeeze another tax dollar from honest people to pay for benefits of the undeserving.

Were it that simple.

http://www.thecalifornian.com/story/news/2015/02/15/medi-cal-grows-million-users/23458611/

http://news.yahoo.com/correction-xgr-california-budget-story-004432924.html;_ylt=AwrT6VwkcINV6HAAySkPxQt.;_ylu= X3oDMTEzMmZsdDE1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDRkZHRU MwXzEEc2VjA3Nj

Richard

sinjefe
06-18-2015, 20:17
"California would be the largest state, but it is not the first"

Small consolation to the taxpayer.

x SF med
06-19-2015, 04:59
I am Governor Jerry Brown
My aura smiles and never frowns
Soon I will be President

Carter power will soon go away
I will be fuhrer one day
I will command all of you

California Uber Alles
California Uber Alles
Uber Alles California
Uber Alles California

Mega internets points for quoting the Dead Kennedys, in context... You're still out there, so we are still afraid, very afraid.

For those uninitiated.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoA_zY6tqQw

Box
06-19-2015, 06:06
It's Kalifornia-cute that the Dead Kennedys released that song over 30 years ago...
...and the SAME Jerry Brown is the governor using the same playbook now as he did then.

The good people of Kalifornia are so easy to please.

The cultural of Amerikan appeasement and pandering to low knowledge voters has been around for a long time. It's not as new as people think.

Paslode
06-19-2015, 06:20

"This budget doesn't do anything to stop punishing poor children," said Mike Herald, legislative advocate with the Western Center on Law and Poverty.

The State of California like many other states buckle to humanitarians such as Mike Herald, and they do so at their own peril.

Not only deficit in financial resources, but California also appears to be running a deficit in water resources as well....and we all know what happens to your survivability when you do not manage your limited resources properly....

As California Goes, So Goes the Country.

cbtengr
06-19-2015, 07:01
The State of California like many other states buckle to humanitarians such as Mike Herald, and they do so at their own peril.

Not only deficit in financial resources, but California also appears to be running a deficit in water resources as well....and we all know what happens to your survivability when you do not manage your limited resources properly....

As California goes? Lord I hope not!

Oldrotorhead
06-19-2015, 07:48
As California goes? Lord I hope not!

A Federal bailout could be the end of the Nation. California's debt could be too big a pill to swallow. Other States could object to any bailout and I as an individual taxpayer would agree with letting the bond holders and the California retirees and utilities to take the hit for the excessive spending. Better the State fail and suffer than the whole Nation suffer to support bad decisions.

ddoering
06-19-2015, 16:07

Then give it back to Mexico quick. That would be the instant deportation of several million illegals with the stroke of the pen and a phone call. Even the current pres should be able to manage that.

Richard
06-19-2015, 17:02
Then give it back to Mexico quick.

I'd wager Mexico would love gaining the world's eighth largest economy, an economy that is currently nearly twice the size of its own.

http://knoema.com/nwnfkne/world-gdp-ranking-2015-data-and-charts

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/15/8780669/US-state-GDP-growth

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/map-shows-us-state-basically-140300238.html;_ylt=AwrXnCW9m4RV.EsAQnbQtDMD;_ylu= X3oDMTByb2lvbXVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYw Nzcg--

Richard

Oldrotorhead
06-19-2015, 17:27
Rather than give California to Mexico maybe we should take Mexico's northern states due to the costs involves with supporting their unproductive citizens. Throw out the Mexican government, kill the cartel butt boys and it would be a great place for people to retire.

ddoering
06-20-2015, 14:44
I'd wager Mexico would love gaining the world's eighth largest economy, an economy that is currently nearly twice the size of its own.

http://knoema.com/nwnfkne/world-gdp-ranking-2015-data-and-charts

http://www.vox.com/2015/6/15/8780669/US-state-GDP-growth

[url]http://finance.yahoo.com/news/map-shows-us-state-basically-140300238.html;_ylt=AwrXnCW9m4RV.EsAQnbQtDMD;_ylu= X3oDMTByb2lvbXVuBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNl

I'd wager Mexico would find a way to fuck it up.

Box
06-20-2015, 21:09
I'm confused...
...from the looks of things Mexico already controls the worlds 8th largest economy.

Longstreet
06-20-2015, 22:51

To further support what Richard has said:

http://www.factsforlifeglobal.org/03/

Please note the following quote:

Recent research confirms that the first five years are particularly important for the development of the child's brain, and the first three years are the most critical in shaping the child's brain architecture. Early experiences provide the base for the brain's organizational development and functioning throughout life. They have a direct impact on how children develop learning skills as well as social and emotional abilities.

I agree that providing such support for children appears insane given their parents are illegal immigrants and I too would be furious with the government's' decision; however given the vast number of children what choice is there? They are there like it or not. Deport as many as you like, there will still be an endless number that remain. By providing childcare the government is actually preventing such children from further costing the system later on. Pay for the childcare now or pay later when the children - who are often American citizens - tax the social or the legal system. When compared to this, paying for childcare is a real bargain.

PSM
06-20-2015, 23:03
Jayson here and to further support what Richard has said:

http://www.factsforlifeglobal.org/03/

Please note the following quote:

Recent research confirms that the first five years are particularly important for the development of the child's brain, and the first three years are the most critical in shaping the child's brain architecture. Early experiences provide the base for the brain's organizational development and functioning throughout life. They have a direct impact on how children develop learning skills as well as social and emotional abilities.

I agree that providing such support for children appears insane given their parents are illegal immigrants and I too would be furious with the government's' decision; however given the vast number of children what choice is there? They are there like it or not. Deport as many as you like, there will still be an endless number that remain. By providing childcare the government is actually preventing such children from further costing the system later on. Pay for the childcare now or pay later when the children - who are often American citizens - tax the social or the legal system. When compared to this, paying for childcare is a real bargain.

jaYson

Since you're OK with it, we'll just pass them on up to Canada.

Pat

Longstreet
06-21-2015, 00:05
Since you're OK with it, we'll just pass them on up to Canada.

I did not say I am okay with it. My point was to only state that by providing childcare to such children, you are giving them a chance to lead productive lives that may contribute to US society in a positive manner. Having children remain at home and raised by a TV is not going to help. I have taught Kindergarten in poor communities and it is amazing how low many of the children are who were not exposed to quality childcare when compared to children who functioned at a much higher rate due to the quality childcare they received.

Saying "deport them all" is not going to happen so it cannot be a solution. I think we can all agree that California is dealing with a real shit sandwich. The question has become how much of the sandwich do they want to eat?

Tell you what. We will take your illegal Mexicans, but you have to take our Québecois. Remember though that Quebec childcare costs $1.00 per day per child which is heavily subsidized by the federal government. And given the Québecois are constantly trying to break up the country I am certain you will not mind paying for it. I on the on the other hand will be looking forward to learning about Mexican culture and interacting with people who for the most part want to participate in Canadian society as productive citizens.

x SF med
06-21-2015, 03:24
...I on the on the other hand will be looking forward to learning about Mexican culture and interacting with people who for the most part want to participate in Canadian society as productive citizens.

This is the crux of the issue, the illegals mostly do not want to be a part of the US or Canadian culture nor be productive and contribute on the whole. They want education, healthcare, food subsidies and welfare ... and a large portion of the cash goes back to Mexico to support the family there and/or finance their illegal crossing into the US. Much of this is quietly sanctioned by the Mexican Government as a way to relieve their government of the cost of any welfare system.

Longstreet
06-21-2015, 06:00
the illegals mostly do not want to be a part of the US or Canadian culture nor be productive and contribute on the whole.

I was not aware of this. From my understanding the illegal Mexican immigrants were/are hard working individuals who fled Mexico so that they could have a better way of life and merge into American society. It is most unfortunate that this is not what is happening. Damn. I was hoping to offload the Québecois too...

My apologies for not fully understanding the situation.

jaYson

Golf1echo
06-21-2015, 06:33
This is the crux of the issue, the illegals mostly do not want to be a part of the US or Canadian culture nor be productive and contribute on the whole. They want education, healthcare, food subsidies and welfare ... and a large portion of the cash goes back to Mexico to support the family there and/or finance their illegal crossing into the US. Much of this is quietly sanctioned by the Mexican Government as a way to relieve their government of the cost of any welfare system.

You just paraphrased a letter shown to me by Border Patrol agents out of the Tucson Station that they obtained from a detained illegal alien. It was composed as an invite to other friends and family still back in Mexico and stated all the perks and social service benefits available.

I have a question for California....in 1960 the States population was 15.87 million today it approaches 40 million, what is a sustaining population for California?
( source US Census and world bank:
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=population%20of%20california%201960 ....which guaranteed does not reflect the entirety of the illegal population )
California used to be an amazing place, remember?

sinjefe
06-21-2015, 07:55
Jayson here and I did not say I am okay with it. My point was to only state that by providing childcare to such children, you are giving them a chance to lead productive lives that may contribute to US society in a positive manner. Having children remain at home and raised by a TV is not going to help. I have taught Kindergarten in poor communities and it is amazing how low many of the children are who were not exposed to quality childcare when compared to children who functioned at a much higher rate due to the quality childcare they received.

Saying "deport them all" is not going to happen so it cannot be a solution. I think we can all agree that California is dealing with a real shit sandwich. The question has become how much of the sandwich do they want to eat?

Tell you what. We will take your illegal Mexicans, but you have to take our Québecois. Remember though that Quebec childcare costs $1.00 per day per child which is heavily subsidized by the federal government. And given the Québecois are constantly trying to break up the country I am certain you will not mind paying for it. I on the on the other hand will be looking forward to learning about Mexican culture and interacting with people who for the most part want to participate in Canadian society as productive citizens.

jaYson

I wonder if you would be so concerned and giving if the person in question was now camped in your backyard and you, personally, had to pay for the squatter to go to school, get healthcare and babysit his kids.

The Reaper
06-21-2015, 09:21
I was not aware of this. From my understanding the illegal Mexican immigrants were/are hard working individuals who fled Mexico so that they could have a better way of life and merge into American society. It is most unfortunate that this is not what is happening. Damn. I was hoping to offload the Québecois too...

jaYson

Consider that despite what our elected leadership and their friends in the propaganda ministry, I mean media would have you believe, a goodly percentage of the illegals flooding across our no longer secured border are felons and former deportees numbering in the hundreds of thousands. Our penal systems are overcrowded with foreigners who came to America, not for a better way of life, but to commit violent crimes against us.

Why work to fix the problems at home when you can come to the U.S., violate our sovereign territory, break the laws, and live off the largesse of others?

At the same time, rather than assimilate, continue to self-identify with your mother nation, which encouraged you to leave their borders and take advantage of the stupid gringos.

I know of no other nation in the world who is capable of securing their borders and does not. Indeed, we entice them to violate our borders with the offers of free things that the American taxpayers pick up the tab for. The amazing thing is that there is anyone at all left between Costa Rica and Mexico.

I suspect that this will only end when terrorists attack this country after illegally entering via our nominal southern border, or collapse our economy. Which may be what our elected leadership wants.

Cloward-Piven, indeed.

TR

Oldrotorhead
06-21-2015, 10:52

jaYson

IIRC Canada ended Birth Right Citizenship more than a few years ago due to Asians coming to Canada to down load new citizens. In the interest of "fairness" and the health of the children that was very racist of Canada.
You can make amends by taking half of the squatters in the US that you think should get free medical care and other benefits.:munchin

Paslode
06-21-2015, 19:38
Recent research confirms that the first five years are particularly important for the development of the child's brain, and the first three years are the most critical in shaping the child's brain architecture.

A perfect time to indoctrinate them with liberal/leftist ideology ;)

Then give it back to Mexico quick. That would be the instant deportation of several million illegals with the stroke of the pen and a phone call. Even the current pres should be able to manage that.

Once the swarming locust have devoured California they will spread to other areas in search of new crops to consume...... The 12th Imam who resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest, Washington, DC 20500 has no desire to halt swarm.....he would also like to see his Ferguson\Baltimore OP go nationwide in all 50 states.

YMMV :D