PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to Professional Soldiers!

Team Sergeant
01-21-2004, 21:15
We're still working on the site.

Suggestions welcome.

brownapple
01-24-2004, 10:35
How about a forum for the NG Groups (19th and 20th) and maybe one for the deactivated Groups and Companies (6th, 8th, 11th, 12th & 46th)?

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 10:43
Excellent suggestion, at least for the Guard Groups, who have members in here already.

A 46th CO Forum might sit empty for a while, but I think we have some guys here who were in 8th as well.

We can always add them as members arrive, and make them plank holders.

I knew you would be a real asset here!

brownapple
01-24-2004, 10:46
Actually, I was thinking you could have one forum for all the deactivated Groups, then those of us who served in them can get into the cups together... ;)

Team Sergeant
01-24-2004, 10:48
We need forum names..... what shall we call them?

brownapple
01-24-2004, 10:53
Guard Groups

Deactivated SF Units

:D

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 12:27
Why not just number them all under a heading of Retired Groups or Retired Colors?

brownapple
01-24-2004, 19:42
Only reason you might not want to do that is because some wouldn't get much traffic...like 46th.

Anyway, Where is the place for old 11th Group farts like me to call home? Or am I stuck in the Base Camp all the time?

AD guys....always forgetting about us...giving us the shit details...

;)

Ambush Master
01-24-2004, 19:55
GH, This place is still in the formative stages !! Sounds like you have a good idea. List the Group just like the rest and put
(Retired) after it. That way any FOGs that have their roots there would have a spot to gather!!

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 19:59
Concur.

You looking for a job, GH?

Pass the recommendation on to Aprofsoldier for action.

Team Sergeant
01-24-2004, 20:07
Originally posted by Greenhat
Guard Groups

Deactivated SF Units

:D

OK so we have this as a Cat and a forum?

Give me a few minutes.

The Team Sergeant

brownapple
01-24-2004, 20:22
Originally posted by SFG
Concur.

You looking for a job, GH?

Pass the recommendation on to Aprofsoldier for action.

Looking for a job?

I moderate the idiots at military.com..

Manage the TR Contact list on the other side...

And run my own business in Thailand...

So, what are you offering? :cool:

The Reaper
01-24-2004, 20:37
I wish this was a serious enough situation where I could use my "death, and glory" speech, but it is not.

Sounds like your plate is full, I was just kidding. Besides, you live in Thailand, what could we offer you that you do not have already?

Have a ball.

Roguish Lawyer
01-25-2004, 17:40
Suggestion:

Book forum

Team Sergeant
01-25-2004, 18:22
Originally posted by Roguish Lawyer
Suggestion:

Book forum

OK, Under what category title and what forum name….

Roguish Lawyer
01-25-2004, 18:30
Originally posted by AProfSoldier
OK, Under what category title and what forum name….

Under "At Ease."

Perhaps "Book Reviews and Recommendations"?

If you want to limit the subject matter, it could be "Military and Special Operations Books" or something like that.

Team Sergeant
01-25-2004, 18:55
Under "At Ease."

Perhaps "Book Reviews and Recommendations"?

If you want to limit the subject matter, it could be "Military and Special Operations Books" or something like that.

Done.

Roguish Lawyer
01-25-2004, 20:39
Comment:

I like the look and feel of the site, but the font size is a bit on the small side. Maybe I'm just old, but my eyes have to strain a little to read this board.

I will resist the urge to comment on the age of other posters relative to mine, despite the fact that it supports the point I'm trying to make. LOL

CPTAUSRET
01-25-2004, 21:45
Comment:

I like the look and feel of the site, but the font size is a bit on the small side. Maybe I'm just old, but my eyes have to strain a little to read this board.

I will resist the urge to comment on the age of other posters relative to mine, despite the fact that it supports the point I'm trying to make. LOL

Please do RESIST that urge, Couselor!:D

Terry

Roguish Lawyer
01-25-2004, 21:49
Originally posted by CPTAUSRET
Please do RESIST that urge, Couselor!:D

Terry

Believe me, I know that a man's got to know his limitations! Piss off a bunch of ODAs with Cobra support? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhtt . . . . LOL

CPTAUSRET
01-25-2004, 21:50
Believe me, I know that a man's got to know his limitations! Piss off a bunch of ODAs with Cobra support? Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhtt . . . . LOL

GOOD ANSWER!!:)

Terry

NousDefionsDoc
01-25-2004, 22:02
I only see one person complaining. Again, the many must suffer for the lawye...I mean the few.

Martinez
01-25-2004, 22:06
Keyword: Glasses

:)

Jennifer sends

P.S. The good lawyer is two years younger than me. Isn't it amazing how time flies. One day you're 18 and the next thing you know it's mid thirties...

Team Sergeant
01-25-2004, 22:06
Comment:

OK old man. Go to "view" in your toolbar normally located above the BB. Click "Text Size" and make your dreams come true...;)

Hope that helps.

The Team Sergeant

Ambush Master
01-25-2004, 22:18
Originally posted by Martinez
Keyword: Glasses

:)

Jennifer sends

P.S. The good lawyer is two years younger than me. Isn't it amazing how time flies. One day you're 18 and the next thing you know it's mid thirties...

And just like one frog said to the other...................isn't time fun when you're having Flies !!!

G'day all !!

Roguish Lawyer
01-25-2004, 22:44
Originally posted by HFCUIDOC
I only see one person complaining. Again, the many must suffer for the lawye...I mean the few.

LOL

My law firm changed its letterhead and the fonts we use on letters and things about a year or two ago. The new font was about the same size as what's being used on the threads on this board. It looked cool, but there was this huge uprising by clients and various lawyers because it gets old after a while. So we changed it back. :)

Edit: Missed all the other posts while talking to someone in my office. I will use that toggle switch though!

Roguish Lawyer
01-25-2004, 22:55
OK old man. Go to "view" in your toolbar normally located above the BB. Click "Text Size" and make your dreams come true...

Hope that helps.

The Team Sergeant

Wow. That was easy. Duh. :)

The Reaper
01-25-2004, 23:06
Wow. That was easy. Duh. :)

Not if when you checked, it was already on "Largest".

Dayum!

TR

CPTAUSRET
01-26-2004, 10:24
Originally posted by The Reaper
Not if when you checked, it was already on "Largest".

Dayum!

TR

FUNNY!!

Terry:)

ghuinness
01-31-2004, 14:48
I was wondering about a forum on Support/Patriotism?

Many threads are posted in the lounge area at SOCNET
and the information gets lost after a few posts.
If you are not online every day they are hard to find.

For example: Request for supplies at Walter Reed in April last
year.

Collecting information in one place would be useful.
I know about the Pentagon's suggestions,
I am talking about some of the specific requests that are posted.

Just a thought.

Best Regards

Team Sergeant
01-31-2004, 16:05
g,

That's why there's a "search" button.

Type in a few words concerning the post you're looking for and BAMMM you're there.

Any problems you give a shout to one of the Moderators or Admins and you'll most likely receive help that day (if not in a few minutes)

A support forum for what ???? I'm not quite clear as to what kind of forum we're talking about.

AProfSoldier

18C4V
01-31-2004, 16:45
How about one for films, movies, dvd's, or documentarys (whether it's military or non military).

ghuinness
01-31-2004, 17:48
g,

That's why there's a "search" button.

Okay. When I started researching how to provide support
as a civilian 2 years ago I had a hard time finding any information.
That's how I stumbled over SOCNET. Didn't get any direct
info from the admins at that time. Got one answer "let me
check" and then nothing. I understood why, given the
Pentagon's recommendations.

After a number of months I found AAP
and continued to check SOCNET. Over the years I have noticed
various people posting threads about wanting contributions
for various organisations. Stuff the average civilian doesn't see
unless you spend hours searching many military sites.
In some cases, I was actually very surprised to see the information posted and not restricted.

Search button doesn't really help in this instance and if
the goal is to access as many people as possible, wouldn't
a specific forum be useful?

I can think of a few more recent examples:

1) Some company was organising a fund to help get the vests
for the reserves. Can't remember the company.
2) Cornbreads hero CD - all sales going to SOWF.

I don't know if this is better suited for SOCNET or here, but
I think it should be somewhere.

Respectfully submitted.

Team Sergeant
01-31-2004, 18:15
Got it I think.

I'll answer for many on here and say we like SOWF as an Org to help support.

We will and can answer any Special Forces question you might have.

As far as the other sites, it's up to you as a concerned American as to what you will do as far as your support goes.

Ask away. We're here to help.

The Team Sergeant

CPTAUSRET
02-02-2004, 15:26
Disregard:

Terry

Spartan
02-02-2004, 16:15
>> MOS sectors

I'd suggest having each MOS in the 18 series represented on the site to allow specific questions, comments, and expertise to develop.

It's great that a medical area exists, but it would be even greater for those who are in the pipeline, NG-awaiting school for a targeted MOS, or for others to target that info.

Of course, there always exists the possibility of searching for it, but having it located under such logical categories would add to the great sense of organization you've already built into this board.

Thank you.

NousDefionsDoc
02-02-2004, 21:17
Originally posted by Spartan
>> MOS sectors

I'd suggest having each MOS in the 18 series represented on the site to allow specific questions, comments, and expertise to develop.

It's great that a medical area exists, but it would be even greater for those who are in the pipeline, NG-awaiting school for a targeted MOS, or for others to target that info.

Of course, there always exists the possibility of searching for it, but having it located under such logical categories would add to the great sense of organization you've already built into this board.

Thank you.

We have 18D and 18B, 18E is too sensitive for the internet, as is the fun part of 18C. 18F is the UWOA and The Early Bird. 180A and 18A are watching over the whole board and The Pipeline - and we all know its an 18Z World. What are we missing?

Spartan
02-02-2004, 21:46
Understood.

Perhaps some of the other courses that fall under USASOC/JFKSWC&S - HALO, SOTIC, etc... Of course those of you who are running this board will have to decide to which there are opsec concerns and not include them.

NousDefionsDoc
02-02-2004, 22:00
We're talking SOTIC. We tried HALO once bfore in another AO and there wasn't much interest. Good ideas, keep 'em coming!

Spartan
02-02-2004, 22:41
I thnk they used to, probably still have, a pretty neat instruction course on driving, but probably too narrow, although the skills would be great for everyday driving. :)

Smokin Joe
02-02-2004, 22:45
Just a thought.....maybe under "The Pipeline" forum you "might" want to make it a "Training" forum......this could faciltate not only your pipeline topics but continuation training that you Gentlemen will be attending or have attend and want to discuss. I can assume the SF lifestyle can/is very sensitive so somethings would not be talked about in the open.

But, for the things you do want to talk about it would give you a platform to keep all of your training related material together....I.E. shooting drills, Cas Evac drills, etc., etc.

Just a thought.

Sdiver
02-03-2004, 00:39
Originally posted by 18C3V
How about one for films, movies, dvd's, or documentarys (whether it's military or non military).

I concur.

Under "At Ease", entitled "At the Movies" or "What's Playing" to cover things on Discovery and The History Channels.

Also here's a thought. How about AD and ex-military somehow have thier ranks under their user names. It's nice to know if one's addressing an Officer or another enlisted puke....Master Sergeant.;)

****Also how about a spell checker....at least until Sharky shows up.***

AngelsSix
02-03-2004, 09:29
Posted by SDiver
Also here's a thought. How about AD and ex-military somehow have thier ranks under their user names. It's nice to know if one's addressing an Officer or another enlisted puke....Master Sergeant

Sounds good to me......I like the idea of knowing who I am talking to.....at least from the name change standpoint here and to avoid sticking my foot in my mouth again!!:D

brownapple
02-03-2004, 12:49
Originally posted by Sdiver

Also here's a thought. How about AD and ex-military somehow have thier ranks under their user names. It's nice to know if one's addressing an Officer or another enlisted puke....Master Sergeant.;)

Situational awareness....

I'm being nice, though...

Sdiver
02-03-2004, 20:23
Originally posted by Greenhat
Situational awareness....

I'm being nice, though...

Copy That.....SIR !!!

Ambush Master
02-03-2004, 21:31
Posted by SDiver
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also here's a thought. How about AD and ex-military somehow have thier ranks under their user names. It's nice to know if one's addressing an Officer or another enlisted puke....Master Sergeant
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sounds good to me......I like the idea of knowing who I am talking to.....at least from the name change standpoint here and to avoid sticking my foot in my mouth again!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A note to all,

This site is a Special Forces Based site. For those of you that are not SF, you need to understand, that by the mere nature of it's basic unit composition, SF tends to put the O's and the E's in reverse roles on a regular basis. This has historically brought about the demise of the O's that gravitated to and found a place (Home) in SF. Well, times are a chang'in !!!

We tend to treat each other with equal respect and if there is a difference of opinion we take it to the private channels. There will always be an occasional outburst, but for the most part we keep it within our own !! Hence, the obviously more sedate and settled atmosphere that this site projects. This is the site of The Quiet Professionals !!

Any questions, please feel free to make contact (figureatively) here or via PM.

Thanks to all of you for joining us and hopefully learning why this type of an organization is so successful !!

Later
Martin

brownapple
02-04-2004, 06:54
Back when LTs were on teams as XOs, everyone (including the XO) knew that the most expendible man on the team was the XO. Now, with WOs taking that spot, the most expendible man is probably the CO.

CRad
02-05-2004, 15:11
It's been my experience with SF that the worst ones about being rank conscious are wives whose husbands have come from conventional units; even they get over it pretty quickly though.

I wonder if the a great deal of the mutual respect comes from the teams being small so everyone is important to mission success?