PDA

View Full Version : Lone Wolf Harsey D2

LeapingGnome
06-14-2015, 11:39
Gents,

My long time trusty Lone Wolf Harsey D2 Auto serrated is somewhere in the mountains of Afghanistan, and try as might I haven't been able to find one for sale and it looks like it's been discontinued? Maybe my google-skills are weak, or maybe it's my patience with the African internet speeds....If anyone knows a company that still has them in stock, or someone selling a used one I'd be interested. Anyone point me in the right direction?

Gnome

alelks
06-14-2015, 12:22
Not sure if it's an original but:

http://workingperson.com/lone-wolf-knives-harsey-d2-automatic-knife-ld14900-72098.html

Sdiver
06-14-2015, 12:39
Al,

Unfortunately it looks like that knife in the link you provided has been discontinued.

This product has been discontinued and is no longer available

Which is what I've been finding as well in my searches.

Sdiver
06-14-2015, 12:43
Gnome,

All the sites that I've seen that have the D2 listed, show it as been discontinued or out of stock.

Here's a shot in the dark, check out this link ... http://www.knifecenter.com/item/LWLD24060/lone-wolf-knives-d2-double-action-auto ... and try giving them a call at their 800 number (listed at the top of the page) and see if they can help you out.

Hope this helps.
Good luck

x SF med
06-14-2015, 13:19
When Benchmade bought Lone Wolf, there were many of the Harsey designed LW knives that were discontinued, including the T1, T2, D1, D2, D3... I tried getting a replacement for the one Crip so rudely got evaporated in AFG, and even Bill Harsey could not get one... Crip got my signed D2, for a quarter (never 'give' a knife, trade a coin for it to not cut the friendship, old superstition/custom).

So if you have, or find for sale, any of the knives mentioned above, they are essentially irreplaceable, grab them if you have the cash.

Gnome... you may want to start looking for something else, which sucks... wish I still had mine to sell you for 3x the original purchase price.:D:rolleyes:

LeapingGnome
06-14-2015, 14:37
It really sucks that it's just laying there in the dirt somewhere...doubly so since they have been discontinued! And in fact, speaking of Crip, he was hanging out at the house when that knife arrived and the spring on the auto opener was so strong that it leapt out of his hands and we almost had the classic case of two 18D's cutting themselves without a bravo in sight....and he probably won't admit it, but I think that's the only piece of kit he ever bought that someone else had before he did :lifter

Alright, sounds like I'm going to have to set up some google alerts and see if I can find someone unloading theirs!

Thanks guys:D

Oldrotorhead
06-14-2015, 15:20
Maybe you are helping some old Haji get rid of an ugly daughter. That knife could be the dowry.:D That and an AK and the son-in-law will be writing you a thank you letter, after he learns to write.

I don't know where you can get a replacement.

JJ_BPK
06-14-2015, 19:01
I purchased my D2 4 yrs ago. I hunted ebay for weeks. Some of the smaller ones would show up and go for outrageous prices. Not sure why, but mine was "reasonable", under the retail at the time...

No D2's, but there is a T2, best offer??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lone-Wolf-Harsey-T2-Ranger-Micarta-Handle-Plain-Edge-Tactical-Folding-Knife-/121671010317?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c5428480d

x SF med
06-14-2015, 19:02
It really sucks that it's just laying there in the dirt somewhere...doubly so since they have been discontinued! And in fact, speaking of Crip, he was hanging out at the house when that knife arrived and the spring on the auto opener was so strong that it leapt out of his hands and we almost had the classic case of two 18D's cutting themselves without a bravo in sight....and he probably won't admit it, but I think that's the only piece of kit he ever bought that someone else had before he did :lifter

Alright, sounds like I'm going to have to set up some google alerts and see if I can find someone unloading theirs!

Thanks guys:D

Like I said, his signed D2 used to belong in a Trollish collection, he went to great lengths to cover up him dropping his into the bottom of a slit trench.

MR2
06-14-2015, 19:26
Oh shit!

x SF med
06-15-2015, 15:54
Oh shit!

the second half of my post is exactly that.... :p

Joker
06-15-2015, 15:57
the second half of my post is exactly that.... :p

How deep?:D

x SF med
06-15-2015, 16:01
How deep?:D

Not even Crip would injure himself that way for a Harsey D2, I don't think.:confused: So.... 7-8m, give or take.

LeapingGnome
06-15-2015, 19:09
I'll have to hit him up and see if he has a 10 digit for the last known location...Mine is unfortunately way out of bounds.

x SF med
06-15-2015, 23:17
I'll have to hit him up and see if he has a 10 digit for the last known location...Mine is unfortunately way out of bounds.

It was last seen at a kalat in Afg, there was a blue jug involved in the incident and the D2 was on the gear worn at the time.... think you'll be able to reassemble the knife, assuming you find all the pieces?:eek:

LeapingGnome
06-16-2015, 07:08
Ahhhh. I thought you were talking about the one you hooked him up with, not the original one. So this is probably opening up a can of worms, kinda like getting hurt in a room full of 18D's, but since I haven't shopped for an auto opener since I got the D2, any suggestions? I think I remember looking at the emersons. I'd be looking to replace the D2, but gotta have a backup plan, so I'm open to ideas. If it's an auto, i'd prefer one I can take apart, clean and reassemble myself similar to the D2. I'm kind of hoping to find someone on a knife forum with a "broken" D2 that just needs a cleaning...

Team Sergeant
06-16-2015, 08:36
I recently replaced my D2 with a Chris Reeve Umnumzaan (http://chrisreeve.com/Umnumzaan).

One thing I will say is that the D2 had a better "pocket feel". It now rests in my gun safe and it's in good company. It sits quietly next to my Sebenza Zebra Damascus........ ;)

LeapingGnome
06-16-2015, 19:22
TS that is a very tempting replacement.

x SF med
06-17-2015, 13:37
I didn't carry the D2, it was large and my Sebenza Classic 2000 has a much easier pocket than the D2.

pyreaux
06-17-2015, 18:33
If you're looking for replacements I've heard the boys from spartan may be working on something similar in size without the auto feature though. May be worth waiting for if you have time.

Retired W4
06-17-2015, 20:16
Unfortunately the Blade Show in Atlanta is recently past. Don't know if Bill was there, as I missed it too. CR and BH usually show up and that is usually the best opportunity to pick up these things.

x SF med
06-18-2015, 00:35
Unfortunately the Blade Show in Atlanta is recently past. Don't know if Bill was there, as I missed it too. CR and BH usually show up and that is usually the best opportunity to pick up these things.

I asked, well begged and pleaded, even went to the Harsey abode with beer....Bill couldn't even get his hands on a new one, he only has the two in the safe to cover design and patent... thus mine going to a Brother.