PDA

View Full Version : Medical Question

SC45
06-08-2015, 12:03
Gentleman,
When I was in high school, I experience back pain. After going to a chiropractor and several MDs (which included x rays), I was given no official diagnosis and after doing the stretches/strength exercises as instructed by my doctors, I no longer experienced back issues. My recruiter told me not to mention it since there was no diagnosis and that it would require a waiver. Should I follow his advice and not mention it, or is that poor advice?
Thank you,
SC45

Team Sergeant
06-08-2015, 12:24
Gentleman,
When I was in high school, I experience back pain. After going to a chiropractor and several MDs (which included x rays), I was given no official diagnosis and after doing the stretches/strength exercises as instructed by my doctors, I no longer experienced back issues. My recruiter told me not to mention it since there was no diagnosis and that it would require a waiver. Should I follow his advice and not mention it, or is that poor advice?
Thank you,
SC45

If you had any back issues at all while you were younger than SF is no place for you. There's a reason we only take lads that are 100% fit. (well we used to, maybe those standards have been lowered also)
Do yourself a favor and choose another MOS, your body will thank you for it 30 years from now.....

SC45
06-08-2015, 12:38
If you had any back issues at all while you were younger than SF is no place for you. There's a reason we only take lads that are 100% fit. (well we used to, maybe those standards have been lowered also)
Do yourself a favor and choose another MOS, your body will thank you for it 30 years from now.....
While I appreciate your input, the problem was only tight muscles. Therefore, after stretching, my back no longer gives me problems. It was strictly muscular.

Pete
06-08-2015, 14:25
Since you made your decision why ask us?

Plenty have asked similar questions. Search, read, search some more - and then do what you wish.

Joker
06-08-2015, 15:18
Since you made your decision why ask us?

Plenty have asked similar questions. Search, read, search some more - and then do what you wish.

And then let us know how that works out for you in three to five years.