PDA

View Full Version : AMMO Sale

Penn
06-01-2015, 12:27
I have not conducted and have no business knowledge of this company, if anyone does, please inform me if they are a go. The prices look VG.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/?utm_source=Federal+.223+Only+%245.89+per+Box+%7C+ Vortex+Spitfire+Coupon+Code+%26+More+&utm_campaign=Constant+Contact&utm_medium=email

MR2
06-01-2015, 12:37
They have a pretty good reputation.

I'd use them more if they weren't so far away and not such incessant email spammers.

Penn
06-01-2015, 12:39
Thanks MR2.

fred111
06-01-2015, 12:52
I use them all the time. Good company.

Javadrinker
06-01-2015, 15:23
Good company and good reputation, but like MR2 said spam email on par with the NRA.

tonyz
06-01-2015, 16:11
PSA - shipping can sometimes take a bit of time but prices are good.

A number of successful purchases here.

Team Sergeant
06-01-2015, 17:19
Cheaper than dirt beats them in prices on ammo. At least some of what I've purchased anyway...

MR2
06-01-2015, 17:24
I've been using SGAmmo.com.

Excellent service, items in stock, and fast shipping.

tonyz
06-01-2015, 17:34
I prefer SGAmmo, too, for my ammo needs.

PSA, however, often has products at prices others can't touch. IMO, it is generally worth putting PSA into the price shopping rotation for various shooting needs.

PSM
06-01-2015, 18:00
I just ordered 1000 rounds of Federal AE .223 from Natchez SS for .38 a round delivered. Walmart's Win White Box is .40rd plus tax. And I don't have to drive into town. ;)

Pat

Roguish Lawyer
06-02-2015, 07:39
Nice to see a discussion about price rather than finding a place with rounds in stock.

Pete
06-02-2015, 08:01
Cash - at gun shows.

Streck-Fu
06-02-2015, 08:02
Cheaper than dirt beats them in prices on ammo. At least some of what I've purchased anyway...

CTD won't get a dime from me after they jacked up prices during the ban scares. I understand supply and demand and all but this is a real screen capture:

Team Sergeant
06-02-2015, 08:50
CTD won't get a dime from me after they jacked up prices during the ban scares. I understand supply and demand and all but this is a real screen capture:

LOL, I didn't realize that..... ok I'll find a new ammo supplier.....

MR2
06-02-2015, 10:58
UPS guy just delivered supplies for an upcoming training course.

He purposely removed one of the shipping labels from one of the boxes and put it in his pocket.

WTF?

Sdiver
06-02-2015, 11:01

He purposely removed one of the shipping labels from one of the boxes and put it in his pocket.

WTF?

Jade Helm

They know who you are ...
They know where you live ...
They know what you ordered ...

MR2
06-02-2015, 11:04
Jade Helm

We ARE Jade Helm. :rolleyes:

Seriously. Back to the question. WTF?

Sdiver
06-02-2015, 11:25
We ARE Jade Helm. :rolleyes:

Seriously. Back to the question. WTF?

Ahhhhh .... then maybe he is OpFor.

PSM
06-02-2015, 11:41

WTF?

Contact GratefulCitizen on here. He's a UPS driver.

Pat

frostfire
06-02-2015, 13:01
been waiting for a thread like this. Depending on the deal (free shipping is the best), any of these websites give the best deal

sgammo.com
bulkammo.com
aimsurplus.com
ammunitionstore.com
freedommunitions.com (their new 9mm works perfect with 25 yds bullseye, if you have a solid hold and match barrel, expect 10-ring grouping)

and of course, desperate people for cash on armslist.com and gunshows ;)

Team Sergeant
06-02-2015, 13:13
I am Jade Helm.

I know where you live.

I know what you ordered.

And soon we will take it all.

Loadsmasher
06-02-2015, 13:57
I am Jade Helm.

I know where you live.

I know what you ordered.

And soon we will take it all.

OH.
MY.
GOD.

SF-TX
06-02-2015, 14:46
Loadsmasher,

You were asked a direct question on this forum and told not to post here until you had answered that question. Since you seem to have forgotten, here is the post:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=581732&postcount=83

Loadsmasher
06-02-2015, 15:40
Loadsmasher,

You were asked a direct question on this forum and told not to post here until you had answered that question. Since you seem to have forgotten, here is the post:

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=581732&postcount=83

Corrective action taken.

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=584479&postcount=217

DanHeller88
06-02-2015, 18:19
I have done a lot of business with them, great company. Good products too.

SF0
06-03-2015, 00:14
I used http://ammoseek.com/ for my last bulk purchase of 5.56. Works well- you have all sorts of filters, like sort by price per round.

Penn
06-21-2015, 08:17
Has anyone purchased re-manufactured 5.56 from Homeland Munitions, or used re-manufactured ammo by HLM or any other brand?

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x45mm-nato

The Reaper
06-21-2015, 09:02
Unless I were just going to throw the brass away, and/or were desperate to save the .02 per round advantage over factory fresh ammo, I would just get the Prvi or PMC ammo at .34/rd.

They have been in business for years and have not had a record of producing KBs.

Palmetto State also regularly has sales at or near $300 per thousand for Federal XM193.

But that is just me.

TR

alelks
06-21-2015, 09:18

WTF?

Sounds like he's may be an avid shooter and is looking for a good place to buy ammo. :)

TOMAHAWK9521
06-21-2015, 09:48
Sounds like he's may be an avid shooter and is looking for a good place to buy ammo. :)

That reminds me of when I was first stocking up on reloading equipment and components in 2009. The UPS guy was laughing as he was bringing in the 2 - 3 hand truck loads of stuff to my house. I asked what was so funny and he said he hadn't seen this much stuff being shipped from Midway since the Clinton administration. And it wasn't just me that he was talking about.

GratefulCitizen
06-22-2015, 01:54

WTF?

It might have been a marred/illegible bar code and tracking number.
He would've kept the label and had the PM clerk manually enter the delivery record at the end of the day.

There are ways recover the tracking number back at the hub, but the DIAD (scanner) lacks the ability and UPS wouldn't want to interrupt delivery routes or pay driver overtime rates to have us do it.

Unless it's a diamond-label hazmat or international shipment, UPS has surprisingly little interest in the contents of your package.
There are reasons to remove a hazmat shipping doc when you pick up/load a package, but not when you deliver one.

IIRC, there are circumstances involving certain COD deliveries with the old labels where you remove a label and keep it.
It's been over a decade since I've seen one of those, but some might still use those labels.

Wouldn't read too much into it.
Was it a hazmat or COD?

MR2
06-22-2015, 05:33
Was it a hazmat or COD?

It was Ammo - so HazMat but not COD. 1 of 4 48lb. packages. Driver did not use dolly, it was end of day and he was unhappy. All the other labels looked "normal" to me.

GratefulCitizen
06-22-2015, 08:26
It was Ammo - so HazMat but not COD. 1 of 4 48lb. packages. Driver did not use dolly, it was end of day and he was unhappy. All the other labels looked "normal" to me.

If it was ammo (cartridges) that would be an ORM-D hazmat, so no hazmat shipping docs.
Dense boxes often have marred/illegible labels and sometimes there are issues with possible damage/missing merchandise because of the boxes breaking.

Wouldn't worry about it.
We deliver plenty of ammo out here, and there is often issues with packaging.

HTH.

Team Sergeant
06-22-2015, 09:05
If it was ammo (cartridges) that would be an ORM-D hazmat, so no hazmat shipping docs.
Dense boxes often have marred/illegible labels and sometimes there are issues with possible damage/missing merchandise because of the boxes breaking.

Wouldn't worry about it.
We deliver plenty of ammo out here, and there is often issues with packaging.

HTH.

Yup we do. I just picked up a case of Black Hills from ammunition2go.com. Best price and shipping I could find.

pyreaux
06-22-2015, 11:20
I have no affiliation with them but gunbot dot net is an attempt to summarize ammo prices across the net, I've used it several times to save a few bucks. Sometimes it's stock status is off, seems to be when prices are low and items sell out quickly.

DJ Urbanovsky
06-22-2015, 14:50
I've ordered both ammo and uppers from PSA before. They run sales frequently, and I have gotten some mighty fine deals.

Zero issues with any of the ammo.

One of the dissy uppers, they sent me the wrong color Magpul handguards and the handguard cap itself was either out of spec or seated to the rear about 0.060" too far (IIRC). Result was that the delta ring was bottoming out against the upper receiver when attempting to install or remove the handguard, so things were binding up. I called PSA about the issue and told them that I could fix the fit of the handguards (which I did in about 15 minutes) if they'd send me the correct color, and they made things right immediately. They had replacement handguards on my doorstep in two days. Other than that minor issue, the build I used that upper on has performed flawlessly through I don't know how many range sessions and a couple classes, and the barrel has great accuracy. It's as good as any of my LMT, Noveske, or Ballistic Advantage builds.

I have no qualms about ordering product from them in the future.

Dalik
06-22-2015, 19:04
Ammoman.com, free shipping if the order is over 99$. They have been great so far.

Debo
06-27-2015, 09:18

This. Never Ever Ever.

Debo sends.

frostfire
07-20-2015, 20:51
gone