PDA

View Full Version : Military Moron on Crye

NousDefionsDoc
12-24-2004, 22:29
Write Up (http://www.militarymorons.com/gear/crye2.html#combat)

Check this stuff out!

Smokin Joe
12-24-2004, 23:02
Sum bitch that stuff is freakin Bad Ass!

Wish I could afford a set

NousDefionsDoc
12-24-2004, 23:11
I know the FOGs will jump me for it, but it cracks me up when I hear the pups complain about colors and shit. One size fits none vests, old white elastic (for a day) football protectors dyed black with boot dye, freakin' alice clips not holding everything together.

You wear something like that Crye stuff you'd better be good!

Smokin Joe
12-25-2004, 15:14
The only problem I see with the Crye is that the people who should be getting this probably won't becuase they would stick out like a sore thumb in the Sandbox.

Let me clarify with all of our troops wearing a mixture of Tri desert, OD, and Woodland camo. If someone showed up wearing the Crye they are going to draw big time attention. Which goes against the hole grey man philosophy.

Don't get me wrong I think SOCOM should get this stuff for all of there troops. But I think it will be a long time coming before you see Batt Boys, SF, and other Spec Ops types walking around sporting Crye Products.

NousDefionsDoc
12-25-2004, 15:30
Since they were designed for CQB ops, the BGs will be ded dead before they have a chance to figure out its different. :)

It all turns the color of the environment after a half hour anyway. ;)

LEStudent
01-04-2005, 04:29
That looks quite interesting.

Archer06
01-10-2005, 08:18
May I remind us all that the 1st person to get this issued to them will be the Supply SGT, The MI Det, and the Staff so they can go to the Chow hall from the TOC safely.

Team Sergeant
01-10-2005, 08:31
May I remind us all that the 1st person to get this issued to them will be the Supply SGT, The MI Det, and the Staff so they can go to the Chow hall from the TOC safely.

When the first "big" pallet of body armor, desert boots, uniforms etc. arrived during Desert Storm that’s where it all went!
Just looking into the eyes of some of those people scrambling for body armor I knew I could/would not deprive anyone.
I wore green jungle boots and no body armor for the duration…..

TS

QRQ 30
01-10-2005, 09:02
When the first "big" pallet of body armor, desert boots, uniforms etc. arrived during Desert Storm that’s where it all went!
Just looking into the eyes of some of those people scrambling for body armor I knew I could/would not deprive anyone.
I wore green jungle boots and no body armor for the duration…..

TS

Same same in Vietnam. All of the C&C support personnel in Danang had Seiko watches, wrist compasses and neat AF Survival knives while we in the Recon Teams had to scrape and scrounge

Bob Howard, MOH, ran the FOB supply room in Kontum in between operations and before he was recommended for the MOH. If he saw a REMF come to the compound with that stuff he would confiscate it and re-distribute it to the Recon men. If you have ever seen Bob Howard you would realize that no one would argue the point with him.
:D

The more I see of this new gear, the more I am reminded of The Terminator. Although I could take or leave most of what I see for recon work, I wish we had the NVD's y'all use today. We had Starlight scopes but they were primitive by today's standards. :lifter