PDA

View Full Version : Holster For Pistol with Light

ccrn
04-23-2015, 13:28
Greetings All
I'm looking for a holster that can accommodate a Glock 19 with TRL-1s light.

I prefer something like a paddle with tilt, rides a little higher up and close for concealment (not wearing with full chest rig)

If its IDPA or USPSA approved even better. Either leather or kydex is good.

If you have any real world experience please share-
Thanks

Streck-Fu
04-23-2015, 13:51
I carry a Sig P226R with a TLR-1 in a Safariland 6378. I have holsters for both with and without a light. They do come with paddle attachments and ride up well. The cant is not adjustable but it tilts forward a bit.

See if this link works: LINK (http://www.safariland.com/paddle/model-6378-als-paddle-holster-23341.html#dwfrm_holsterfinder_gunid=273356&dwfrm_holsterfinder_lightid=11242&dwfrm_holsterfinder_addonid=&dwfrm_holsterfinder_guntype=pistol&dwfrm_holsterfinder_manufacturer=Glock&dwfrm_holsterfinder_model=19&dwfrm_holsterfinder_barrellength=4.02&dwfrm_holsterfinder_caliber=9x19mm%2BParabellum&dwfrm_holsterfinder_haslight=&dwfrm_holsterfinder_lighttype=Streamlight%2B-%2BTLR-1&dwfrm_holsterfinder_hasaddon=&dwfrm_holsterfinder_addontype=&prefn1=gunList&prefv1=273356&prefn2=lightList&prefv2=11242&prefn3=mountListText&prefv3=none&start=1)

It is a rather substantial holster so if the concealability does not meet your needs, look into a kydex like that from Raven Concealment which makes light compatible versions with paddle attachements (LINK (http://raven-concealment-systems1.mybigcommerce.com/phantom-light-compatible-holster-for-glock-pistols/)). They are a little pricey but it is a quality holster that is very concealable.

I also have one from KT called the Defender (LINK (http://www.kt-mech.com/models/GLK1923.html)). It is almost a carbon copy of the Raven. KT offers two thicknesses of Kydex, .o60 and .o80. Get the thicker Kydex. I do not think they sell paddle type attachments for the Defender but they do have various hook and loop attachments that may work for you.

ccrn
04-23-2015, 18:41
Streck-fu thanks for the links that was generous. I like the KT Defender unfortunately it doesn't come in a tilt-

PSM
04-23-2015, 19:06
I added a laser to my USPc .45 and made my own IWB hybrid from Old Faithful Holsters kit.

Heres another company that offers a paddle kit: http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/product_info.php?cPath=514_522&products_id=2169

It's damn easy and if you screw up, just throw the kydex back in the oven and start over.

ETA: Here's a link to my post: http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45425

Pat

Ambush Master
04-23-2015, 21:45
Check Out Milt Sparks "Versa-Max" in Horsehide! I have several and they carry very comfortably (well distributed load over a large area) plus they are "Adjustable" for the cant!!

They do cost a bit, but you get what you pay for!!!

Later
Martin

ccrn
04-24-2015, 00:26
Martin
I've seen those holsters and love their paddle IWB. I don't think they accommodate lights however-

Streck-Fu
04-24-2015, 08:54
Streck-fu thanks for the links that was generous. I like the KT Defender unfortunately it doesn't come in a tilt-

The can't is adjusted by moving the loops up or down. Mine is canted forward by moving the rear loops down one position.

ccrn
04-24-2015, 09:12
The can't is adjusted by moving the loops up or down. Mine is canted forward by moving the rear loops down one position.

Sent them an email. Will be interesting to see how quick they respond.

The Reaper
04-24-2015, 10:20
I believe that BladeTech makes holsters in Kydex that fit weapons with lights.

There must be so many variants of light and pistol configurations (not to mention type, preferred mounting, hand, and color) that you would almost mold each order specifically.

Good, quality product and company.

TR

Streck-Fu
04-24-2015, 10:41
I forgot about Blade Tech. I have one of their holster but not for a gun with a light. I am very happy with mine but have not used it much.

This should be the one: LINK (http://shop.blade-tech.com/index.php?cPath=1_23_25&osCsid=qip2fkugekja9on242tc3ahk26#.VTpjjuEVk2w)

G Wheeler II
04-24-2015, 15:32
Check with CHANCE here on PS,, he makes custom Kydex that IMO is better than 90% of whats out there and he is one of the family.. I have some of his work and I think it is great for Kydex:p

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=4588

chance
04-24-2015, 21:54
Check with CHANCE here on PS,, he makes custom Kydex that IMO is better than 90% of whats out there and he is one of the family.. I have some of his work and I think it is great for Kydex:p

http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=4588

Thanks for the kind words, and if anyone wants to talk about kydex work pm me.

ccrn
04-30-2015, 22:54
I've made comms with Harvey over at KT and he mostly tells me why he cant make a holster with FBI tilt that could accommodate a light despite the fact I've seen footage of just said holster on youtube within the past 2 years. Perhaps they've had too many issues with this configuration and don't want to deal with it which speaks volumes to me so unfortunately I'll have to pass on the KT Gunfighter which is what I really wanted.

Raven makes holsters that accommodate lights but they're huge with no tilt so probably not get that either.

Plus a lot of these pancake holsters are made squarish and look flat rather than curve with the human waist so stick out in the front and back. Thats not natural. Especially on the 3 oclock postion (dre-bojay)

Sir, I forgot about Bladetech I'll check them out.

Chance, I'm in your unit bro, can you help me with this project? G19 with TRL-1S pancake holster and FBI tilt to get that handgrip in as tight as possible.

Thanks, All

ccrn
05-01-2015, 20:44
I believe that BladeTech makes holsters in Kydex that fit weapons with lights.

TR

Sir
Blade Tech does make a holster that fits a G19 with TRL-1 but not TRL-1s unfortunately-

Streck-Fu
05-01-2015, 20:53
Sir
Blade Tech does make a holster that fits a G19 with TRL-1 but not TRL-1s unfortunately-

The S is exactly the same shape as the non-S. The S only adds the strobe function.

ccrn
05-02-2015, 08:48
The S is exactly the same shape as the non-S. The S only adds the strobe function.

Are you sure? The gal at bladetech was adamant the TRL-1S would not fit.

ccrn
05-02-2015, 14:31

If this is the case its good news. In any case I have an email out to Streamlight just in case.

I appreciate everyones input. Im going to go with Chance as I know this guy and have seen his stuff close up and in person (solid gear).

Thanks again-

Streck-Fu
05-03-2015, 18:10

I am 99% sure because every holster maker I looked at when buying listed all TLR-1 lights as the same. Even Blade Tech does this on th heir website.
They do not identify the TLR-1s or TLR-1 HL as fitting differently.

Perhaps she was thinking TLR-2...

ccrn
05-03-2015, 22:20
I am 99% sure because every holster maker I looked at when buying listed all TLR-1 lights as the same. Even Blade Tech does this on th heir website.
They do not identify the TLR-1s or TLR-1 HL as fitting differently.

Perhaps she was thinking TLR-2...

Ok thanks. I appreciate any and all your input. As soon as I learn anything I'll post it here-

FlagDayNCO
05-04-2015, 09:26
Go take a look at JM Custom Kydex. I can't pull the web page down, as it has been updated and my Google Fu is restricted. They have numerous Kydex designs and really worth looking at. For a research or design basis, you can look it over and have Chance tell you about his designs. Sort of like "I like the look and design of that", and Chance can build his super version.

My work has purchased a few variants from JM and all have been outstanding.

One word of caution though... I would be very cautious on a paddle design Kydex holster as some Kydex designs have worn or snapped. Not the Kydex holster but the Kydex mounting hardware. Raven and my Safariland do not have Kydex in the mounting hardware.

If you have to have a paddle design, consider leather.

Kramer has the MSP Paddle and I used that for a period and rate it as the best paddle design I was able to use. Work has since eliminated paddle designs as an option.

ccrn
05-04-2015, 17:47
Flagday thanks for the input. I love Kramer and that's all I used when I carried the USP. My USP/Kramer set up is what the MSG (TeamSergeant) recommend way back when and I loved it. I might go with a Kramer pancake holster yet but for now working on the light holster. I have Chance making it for me

Regarding the TRL-1 vs TRL-1S (strobe) Stream Light emailed me this morning and assure me the outside dimensions are identified-

chance
05-04-2015, 22:45
ccrn,
I got your kit Brother.:lifter