PDA

View Full Version : Passing of Lamar Parker

Martinez
12-23-2004, 19:47
SOG Veteran Don Kelly wrote (yesterday), "It truly saddens me to say that my best friend and one-one Lamar Parker passed away today. All of you that I am sending this to, some are his good friends and some his brother. I was with him from 30 Nov until 16 Dec. We had some very good talks during that time. I will be attending the service. He will be buried in Jasper, Texas next to his Dad. The name of the cemetery is CAMPGROUND. The funeral home is in Kirbyville, EE STRINGER ph # 409-423-2221."

SOG Veteran Nick B. wrote, "We all knew and had been passing the vigil with him and his family, since the sawbones at the VA had unplugged him and he went home to finish his journey. Those few days that he had were enough for us to call and talk with him and tell him how much we loved him and be comforted in turn by his ability to be Lamar. He took this last step we all must, with the same dignity and homespun pragmatism that marked his life. Though this will sadden us and another strong arm leaves the shield wall, I will always remember you brother.

I will remember, you and Don coming off the target with Don all shot to pieces and you hanging on to him telling him that it would all be all right, like the brothers you are.

I will remember you the night that Cookie and I threw Mac's monkey, all drunked up , on you from the shadows and watching the come apart you had and howling with glee.

I will remember you strong and steady in a firefight, and a good man to ride the river with,whose plain, straight way of looking at life is what this country is all about.

I will remember the joy and peace you had finally found with Debbie, and how much warmth and Love you had for each other, and how glad we were that you had found each other.

I will remember you Lamar, you were the salt of the earth, and we were all better men for having you as our friend. We will miss you brother.

As the Mandan say, " I will listen for you on the night wind my brother, when the owl calls my name, we will ride through the sweet grass together."

NousDefionsDoc
12-23-2004, 22:02
En Paz Descanse

The Reaper
12-23-2004, 22:07
RIP.

TR