PDA

View Full Version : 82nd Airborne Division headed to Iraq for nine months

Pete
04-09-2015, 05:48
82nd Airborne Division headed to Iraq for nine months

http://www.fayobserver.com/military/nd-airborne-division-headed-to-iraq-for-nine-months/article_2409312e-8471-5eec-a038-d769d2a02d95.html

"Paratroopers from the 82nd Airborne Division will deploy this summer to Iraq to join about 1,250 soldiers from the 3rd Brigade Combat Team already there to back the U.S.'s intervention against the Islamic State.

About 500 paratroopers from the division headquarters will leave in June for a nine-month deployment in support of Operation Inherent Resolve, Fort Bragg said in a news release........"

So that's almost 2,000 troops just from the 82nd. Sure getting to be a lot of "non-combat/no boots on the ground" folks over there.

Sdiver
04-09-2015, 06:24
If you like your Iraqi withdrawal plan, you can keep you Iraqi withdrawal plan. :rolleyes: :munchin

blue02hd
04-09-2015, 07:11
Damn you SDIVER,

I have to dry out another orange juice splashed keyboard,,,,,,

MtnGoat
04-09-2015, 07:15
Umm.. Didn't 82nd already send a battalion and/or brigade??!!

Sending Ground troops plays into their plan.

MR2
04-09-2015, 08:44
If you like your Iraqi withdrawal plan, you can keep you Iraqi withdrawal plan. :rolleyes: :munchin

Hah! :lifter

Jgood
04-09-2015, 12:05
I hear they are wearing flip flops as to not have combat boots on the ground and its culturally sensitive :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
04-09-2015, 12:08
Sunni or Shia is in charge.

I vote Shia.

(Sunni's are the one's that brought down the Twin Trade Towers.)

I also vote no more Americans in the Middle East, just send weapons, ammo and drones. (weapons, ammo and drones, I think that could be some cool lyrics to a song....)

Allow Iran free reign in any-all Middle Eastern countries.

Then stand back and watch the fun. :munchin

Lionshare
04-09-2015, 12:15

mojaveman
04-09-2015, 12:18
And the 173rd is going to be jumping into the Ukraine?

It's a busy time for our paratroopers.

ddoering
04-09-2015, 14:14
Sunni or Shia is in charge.

I vote Shia.

(Sunni's are the one's that brought down the Twin Trade Towers.)

I also vote no more Americans in the Middle East, just send weapons, ammo and drones. (weapons, ammo and drones, I think that could be some cool lyrics to a song....)

Allow Iran free reign in any-all Middle Eastern countries.

Then stand back and watch the fun. :munchin

You forgot the smallpox laden prayer rugs.

ddoering
04-09-2015, 14:16
And the 173rd just performed a mass tactical jump into the Ukraine?

It's a busy time for our paratroopers.

So many trip wires... So if Russia decides to absorb the Ukraine who do we have to trade to get our people back?

mark46th
04-09-2015, 17:41
I'm with you, TS. Arm them all and get out of the way.

glebo
04-09-2015, 18:24
Well, it seems the "community organizer" and his cronies aren't that well at "organizing"....

How's this gonna work out for us???

Let alone the Iranian nuke fiasco...go over timeline, and now arguing over who said what...translation ya know :rolleyes:

Team Sergeant
04-10-2015, 16:26
Well, it seems the "community organizer" and his cronies aren't that well at "organizing"....

How's this gonna work out for us???

Let alone the Iranian nuke fiasco...go over timeline, and now arguing over who said what...translation ya know :rolleyes:

Remember what happened to the Iraqi nuclear power plant? They were just about finished.......;)

The Israelis will never ask permission to attack Iran's nuclear plant either, they will wait until just the right time.

We forget their recent incursion into Syria? No one cared.....

Stobey
04-10-2015, 17:28
[QUOTE=Team Sergeant;580115

I also vote no more Americans in the Middle East, just send weapons, ammo and drones. (weapons, ammo and drones, I think that could be some cool lyrics to a song....) [/QUOTE]

"Weapons and ammo and drones, oh my!" :D

Stobey
04-10-2015, 17:30

I like the way you think ddoering! :lifter

frostfire
04-10-2015, 22:25

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/perspective/features/2015/04/06/ISIS-fighters-hit-by-deadly-disease.html

hmmmmmmm

Umm.. Didn't 82nd already send a battalion and/or brigade??!!

Sending Ground troops plays into their plan.

concur 10000% . I bet you a dime, Al Qaeda will gain traction again once this campaign has hit full blown social media exploitation
I guess the analyst should have tailored their product to be more "persuasive" to the policy makers
ISIS will solve itself when it implodes.

http://www.dni.gov/files/documents/Special%20Report_Global%20Terrorism%20NIE%20Key%20 Judgments.pdf
"We assess that the Iraq jihad is shaping a new generation of terrorist leaders and
operatives; perceived jihadist success there would inspire more fighters to continue the
struggle elsewhere.

The Iraq conflict has become the ìcause celebreî for jihadists, breeding a deep
resentment of US involvement in the Muslim world and cultivating supporters for
the global jihadist movement.
Should jihadists leaving Iraq perceive themselves,
and be perceived, to have
failed, we judge fewer fighters will be inspired to carry
on the fight.

Concomitant vulnerabilities in the jihadist movement have emerged that, if fully exposed
and exploited, could begin to slow the spread of the movement. They include
dependence on the continuation of Muslim-related conflicts, the limited appeal of the
jihadistsí radical ideology, the emergence of respected voices of moderation, and
criticism of the violent tactics employed against mostly Muslim citizens.
• The jihadistsí greatest vulnerability is that their ultimate political solution and
ultra-conservative interpretation of shariía-based governance spanning the
Muslim worldóis unpopular with the vast majority of Muslims. Exposing the
religious and political straitjacket that is implied by the jihadistsí propaganda
would help to divide them from the audiences they seek to persuade.