PDA

View Full Version : Gamblers Dirk

G Wheeler II
04-06-2015, 18:40
Hey Guys

Been off for a while, bad things going on at home.. The wife had a stroke back in November and she just got back home 2 weeks ago, she is doing real good and I am doing my best.

I have been back in the shop off and on, but not as much as I need to. I finished off some more of the Doves Thorns and some Gamblers DIrks and after a little push (thanks Darrin) I got out and took some pictures....

The Pearl is from some 1850's sheffield flatware Kim and I picked up a few years ago and it looks real nice, so it was about time to use some. The damascus is mine and the guard is nickel silver.

The other 2 above the primary knife are just more I have done. LOL I am
planning on a nice wall display of cased sets for the Blade show this June, a couple of hooked fish flopping already.

JJ_BPK
04-06-2015, 18:47
Prayers out to the Misses.. :)

Blades are awesome... :lifter

Sohei
04-06-2015, 18:50
Very nice work!

Prayers out for a complete and speedy recovery for your wife.

Sdiver
04-06-2015, 18:51
Excellent looking blade(s) and I especially LOVE to creativeness of the pictures.

Ever think of making those into large frameable prints? :lifter

The Reaper
04-06-2015, 19:15
Very nice blades.

Incidentally, the revolver Wild Bill preferred was a Colt 1851 Navy .36 caliber, IIRC.

Good justification to buy a new pistol!

TR

x SF med
04-06-2015, 19:36
Prayers out for you and Mrs. Wheeler, hopes for a speedy and complete recovery.

Those dirks are amazing. Beautiful work.

G Wheeler II
04-07-2015, 05:30
The prayers are appreciated.

Those of you who knew Donna as the GRITCH over at SF Recruiting, know she was a hand full. First time I heard her called The GRITCH was over a fire out on Robin Sage, the student who uttered it just did not make the connection of Mrs Wheeler and SFC WHeeler at the time......

ROFL his fellow students where sure he had signed his death warrant, hell all I did was laugh and tell him he was lucky he did not have to live with her.. But she is doing well thanks.:lifter

SF_BHT
04-07-2015, 06:57
Prayers out for Donna!!!!

TCT_Knives
04-08-2015, 13:14
Beautiful work!