PDA

View Full Version : 5th SFG Training

Warriors34
04-03-2015, 07:53
So I've decided that joining the Special Forces is something I really want to do. I'm only in high school but, have already started training to hopefully be selected in SFAS. My goal if I make it is to be an 18b speak Arabic and be with the 5th (which I know focuses in North Africa and the Middle East). Which is why I'm curious about where the 5ths units train at when they're not deployed. Thanks for all help gentlemen.

The Reaper
04-03-2015, 09:19
First, odds are that you will not have to worry about this, as very few people actually make it that far.

If you do, you will be told what your MOS, language, and Group will be. Yes, you get to request what you prefer. Needs of the Army come first.

Second, if you are not an 18X, why put it in your user ID?

Doesn't that strike you as rather presumptuous, particularly here, among actual 18Xs and SF personnel?

TR

Warriors34
04-03-2015, 10:57
I wrote my username as Future18x because that's my goal. I'm not trying to take anything from anybody. That's my goal just like Special Forces was once your goal and you got to accomplish it, and I hope to too one day. I joined this website to learn from some of Americas best.

Peregrino
04-03-2015, 12:14
I wrote my username as Future18x because that's my goal. I'm not trying to take anything from anybody. That's my goal just like Special Forces was once your goal and you got to accomplish it, and I hope to too one day. I joined this website to learn from some of Americas best.

OK. Nice "high school" answer. Especially the passive aggressive part. A couple clues that will make the rest of your life easier - everything you do has 2nd and 3rd order effects and EVERYTHING you do on the internet lives forever. The Reaper tried giving you a hint and you gave him a knee jerk response. Now I'm going to tell you - send me a PM with a new user name - one that you are willing to live with forever (that means whether you ever make it to SF or not) and I will make the necessary change. Otherwise, you stand to find yourself on the outside looking in. Verstehen sie?