PDA

View Full Version : Bill Whittle: "Sir, I will not obey that order."

PSM
04-02-2015, 18:19
Neutering America's military. (https://www.billwhittle.com/firewall/sir-i-will-not-obey-order)

Anyone know of the incident with the SF Major?

Pat

blacksmoke
04-02-2015, 18:43
That type of nonsense preceded Obama's presidency.

PSM
04-02-2015, 20:45
That type of nonsense preceded Obama's presidency.

The commentary is about standing up against that nonsense. Any generals been axed over publicly standing up for the mission lately?

Pat

Scimitar
04-02-2015, 22:06
Could be wrong but, a Major would command an SF Battalion = 83 +- not 500. Unless it might be SWC or something, but I doubt even SWC Bats get that large?

I suspect the good Mr Whittle is referring to an SOF unit, or more likely the story is fabricated. Such an order would have come from pretty high up the food chain, I imagine, and would have easily leaked, and although the MSM may not have picked it up, the non-MSM sources often quoted here would have. Not saying it didn't happen. But I'm sure over blind sources. And if the good Major isn't inside any more, than why isn;t his name against it?

Look, to be blunt, I'm pretty damn right wing, but am I the only one sick of seeing emotionally charged arguments about the current apparent political high jacking going on.

It just feels like more and more that non-MSM is just pandering to the far right, and not really interested in actual news casting.

For Gods sake Non-MSM. give me some genuine, balanced, well thought out, non agenda, non emotional, discourse, that empowers me to build my own rational argument.

Rant over

S

PSM
04-02-2015, 23:33
Could be wrong but, a Major would command an SF Battalion = 83 +- not 500. Unless it might be SWC or something, but I doubt even SWC Bats get that large?
S

That's why I asked the question about the Major. I've been following BW since the early days of his Eject! Eject! Eject! blog. While I agree with most of this commentary, the SF MAJ story didn't sound right and it provided the title of the commentary.

Pat

Team Sergeant
04-03-2015, 05:12
Bill Whittle: "Sir, I will not obey that order."

Tough talk from a individual that has never served or taken the oath. :rolleyes:

18C4V
04-03-2015, 11:02
I can't speak for the other stuff, but I remember the tatoo issue. I dodged that bullet for so long but the Company SGM finally put his foot down and every SF soldier in our company had to get a picture of his tatoo taken and measured.

Streck-Fu
04-03-2015, 11:09
Bill Whittle: "Sir, I will not obey that order."

Tough talk from a individual that has never served or taken the oath. :rolleyes:

Bill Whittle is claiming to quote a military officer rather that stating that he said it.

I, too, had to do the tattoo dance and remember the purging of calendars and magazines from work spaces.....

WarriorDiplomat
04-03-2015, 12:03
[QUOTE=Scimitar;579632]Could be wrong but, a Major would command an SF Battalion = 83 +- not 500. Unless it might be SWC or something, but I doubt even SWC Bats get that large?

An SF Major would command a company which is roughly 87 men at full strength 6x12 ODA's + Cdr, XO, SWO, CSM and the B-Tm staff of 11

An SF Battalion today is roughly 435 pax

A Promotable Major could command a Battalion but not normally.

The Reaper
04-03-2015, 12:45
The Training Group OT (Out of Training/Awaiting Training) Company had more than 1200 soldiers in it, at one time.

I thought he said the Major was at Carson.

In that case, the only thing I could think of was maybe HHC or Service Det?

TR

Trapper John
04-03-2015, 12:59
Look, to be blunt, I'm pretty damn right wing, but am I the only one sick of seeing emotionally charged arguments about the current apparent political high jacking going on.

It just feels like more and more that non-MSM is just pandering to the far right, and not really interested in actual news casting.

For Gods sake Non-MSM. give me some genuine, balanced, well thought out, non agenda, non emotional, discourse, that empowers me to build my own rational argument.

Rant over

S

No, you're not the only one! The problem is that, other than folks on this forum, most people do not want "balanced dialog". They want "entertainment" in short sound bites that reinforce their ideology. "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already been made up!"

Unless we have a cultural sea-change event, I think we are stuck with the drivel.

Guess we just got to do it the hard way and do our own research, critically think, draw conclusions, and be prepared to amend or modify those opinions based upon new credible information.

Sheesh, how tiresome? See ya at the library. Oh, wait we don't have those anymore. :D

Scimitar
04-03-2015, 14:13
An SF Major would command a company which is roughly 87 men at full strength 6x12 ODA's + Cdr, XO, SWO, CSM and the B-Tm staff of 11

An SF Battalion today is roughly 435 pax

A Promotable Major could command a Battalion but not normally.

Thanks for the correction WD. Yeah I failed to include the entire ODB leadership. :eek:

It's the apparently unnecessary blind quote that bugs me. as the OP said, any of this ring true or possible for those in the know?

No, you're not the only one! The problem is that, other than folks on this forum, most people do not want "balanced dialog". They want "entertainment" in short sound bites that reinforce their ideology. "Don't confuse me with facts, my mind is already been made up!"

Unless we have a cultural sea-change event, I think we are stuck with the drivel.

Guess we just got to do it the hard way and do our own research, critically think, draw conclusions, and be prepared to amend or modify those opinions based upon new credible information.

Sheesh, how tiresome? See ya at the library. Oh, wait we don't have those anymore. :D

To be frank, I ain't got the time to study the counter argument for every damn position. Some things we take on faith on the assumption that the source is valid, and the communicator holds a value of truth, honesty, and balance. Yeah laughable I know.

This website is about as good as I've found

S