PDA

View Full Version : Why does an F-35 pilot need $400K helmet? To 'see through plane'

BMT (RIP)
04-02-2015, 03:46
http://www.stripes.com/

BMT

miclo18d
04-02-2015, 06:03
When pilots aren't allowed to drop bombs, they will have to know where they are not dropping them for God's sake!!! Think of the children!!!

Old Dog New Trick
04-02-2015, 09:41
Sounds like "Failure is not an option."

"Simply put, there is no alternative to the F-35 program. It must succeed," Secretary of the Air Force Michael Donley said in September.

In an A-10 you simply roll the plane with ailerons and look up through the canopy. :p

The helmet probably relies on AA batteries and we all know how reliable those can be when they really count. :rolleyes:

Box
04-02-2015, 10:52
Defense contracting always makes me think of 'Goodfella's'

Cost overruns and developmental delays? "Fuck you, pay me"
Business bad? "Fuck you, pay me."
Sequestration? fuck you, pay me.
Oh, you had a fire? "Fuck you, pay me."
Airplane still too "immature" for testing? "Fuck you, pay me"
Place got hit by lightning, huh? "Fuck you, pay me."

The program is too big to fail. Awesome. The Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac of the defense industry.
Even though the program is almost ten years behind schedule and more than $150 billion over budget we are going to throw more money at it for some Bluetooth-Helmet upgrades.

...once more for the cheap seats, that's 150 Billion with a "B"
Lets compare:
150,000,000,000 - Billion
150,000,000 - Million

"B" as in you've got to B shitting me
not "M" as in More cowbell
...even though government runs more like a shtick episode on SNL than a business with a bottom line

The budget cant afford to provide anything better than shoddy health care for our nations wounded and sick veterans but our cronies in the defense industry continue to benefit from our willingness to throw good money after bad money.

FUCK YOU, PAY ME

The Reaper
04-02-2015, 11:48
Defense contracting always makes me think of 'Goodfella's'

Cost overruns and developmental delays? "Fuck you, pay me"
Business bad? "Fuck you, pay me."
Sequestration? fuck you, pay me.
Oh, you had a fire? "Fuck you, pay me."
Airplane still too "immature" for testing? "Fuck you, pay me"
Place got hit by lightning, huh? "Fuck you, pay me."

The program is too big to fail. Awesome. The Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac of the defense industry.
Even though the program is almost ten years behind schedule and more than $150 billion over budget we are going to throw more money at it for some Bluetooth-Helmet upgrades.

...once more for the cheap seats, that's 150 Billion with a "B"
Lets compare:
150,000,000,000 - Billion
150,000,000 - Million

"B" as in you've got to B shitting me
not "M" as in More cowbell
...even though government runs more like a shtick episode on SNL than a business with a bottom line

The budget cant afford to provide anything better than shoddy health care for our nations wounded and sick veterans but our cronies in the defense industry continue to benefit from our willingness to throw good money after bad money.

FUCK YOU, PAY ME

Is Jesse James (West Coast Choppers, not the bank robber) building the F-35?

Funny, I would have expected more flames and noise.

TR