PDA

View Full Version : Taxpayers Spend $1.4 Billion On The Obamas Every Year

BMT (RIP)
03-29-2015, 10:11
http://tellmenow.com/2015/01/taxpayers-spend-1-4-billion-on-the-obamas-every-year/

Make's you want to puke!!

BMT

VVVV
03-29-2015, 10:23
So, how is it any different from other presidents? Piss poor article!

MR2
03-29-2015, 10:57
So, how is it any different from other presidents? Piss poor article!

I have to agree on both points.

Do we spend too much on the executive branch, probably.

Is it any different, statistically, than past presidents?

Without objective data (and this site is clearly not objective) how are we to know?

On the other hand when even members of the former profession once known as journalism have done stories of the lavishness of the current administrations travel and the excessive squandering of resources by Cabinet level departments...

Well when there is smoke...

Team Sergeant
03-30-2015, 11:12
I thought that was only covering his golf outings.......

A few billion is a teacup out of the ocean compared to the real damage in the trillions he's spending, and yeah, there's a huge friggin difference when you compare his spending to the last 5 presidents.

Sigaba
03-30-2015, 11:57
Is it any different, statistically, than past presidents?

Without objective data (and this site is clearly not objective) how are we to know?
MOO, any comparison between the incumbent and his predecessors should also allow for the recession and (alleged) commitment to "social justice."

As I have said before, I would not begrudge an American president the privileges and prerogatives of the job-- not even this guy. However, he could have shown leadership by setting examples for cutting back during lean times. Staycations instead of vacations, trips inside the CONUS to publicize regions that depend upon tourists' dollars, left overs for supper on Thursdays, and many other small things would have put deeds to his "Man of the People" rhetoric.

Flagg
03-30-2015, 13:12
I would think the bills surrounding the typical movement of a sitting President would be huge, and some of those holidays would be rounding errors.

I do like Sigaba's point about Presidential gestures.

Leftovers, majority of vacations domestic to promote local and hurting American tourist spots, etc.

Some personal, and less imperial, gestures would go some way in displaying personal leadership in times of adversity.

But as per MR2, without comparative data, I would guess the same may be said of the previous sitting President(s), no?