PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to become SF

Mr.Hand
03-25-2015, 15:24
Hello Everyone, I'm currently in the Army Reserves as a 35F and throughout my AIT all my instructors we're telling me about SF and their deployments and it got me thinking, I should tryout for SF when I have the chance, I'm only 20 years old 5'4" and I've never failed a PT test, I used to workout and exercise with a friend of mine who made it through RASP. After I finish college and transition to the Active Army I want to give the SFAS a shot, I'm hoping this can be done in the next 2-3 years down the road (I'm still trying to plan my Military Career and SF is definitely something I want to do.)

While I have all this time to train up for SFAS, I'm not sure what I should focus on. I don't think I know all my strengths and weaknesses yet, and SFAS would be the hardest I've ever been tested Physically and to a degree mentally (AIT was a mental killer). I PT fine, but my mentality for the run is "I would rather die, then not improve my time from last run". One of my biggest strengths I know is that I have a up beat personality, I can easily motivate myself and those around me.

I want to hear from those who've been selected and just any tips and thoughts while I have time to prep up for SFAS.

Congratulations to those who have been selected as well those who have done their time, I thank you and hope to follow your footsteps.

Joker
03-25-2015, 19:47
How about filling out your profile and post an intro?

The Reaper
03-25-2015, 20:28
I'm only 20 years old 5'4" and I've never failed a PT test....

Wow. You set the standard pretty high there.:rolleyes: Shouldn't that be, you have never failed to max it?

If you can't be bothered to follow the board rules or do your own research, I am not sure you are the kind of person we are looking for.

Read "A Message to Garcia" and think about adopting his approach to problem solving.

I can virtually guarantee that any question you have about SFAS has already been answered in the years this board has been open.

Good luck.

TR