PDA

View Full Version : Court Security Clowns

PSM
03-20-2015, 21:51
I had Jury Duty on St. Paddy's day here in SE AZ. Enter front door of historic Courthouse at 0800, go through TSA style security screening, follow arrows upstairs to Jury Assembly Room. Arrows lead outside to a building across a common city street to the JAR. After watching orientation video we are released until 1000. We have full access, via said common city street, to Starbucks, McDonalds, our vehicles, gun shops, you name it. With our badges, we are free to enter the Courthouse through the back door which has no security.

Just saying. :D

Pat

MR2
03-20-2015, 23:22
I had Jury Duty on St. Paddy's day here in SE AZ. Enter front door of historic Courthouse at 0800, go through TSA style security screening, follow arrows upstairs to Jury Assembly Room. Arrows lead outside to a building across a common city street to the JAR. After watching orientation video we are released until 1000. We have full access, via said common city street, to Starbucks, McDonalds, our vehicles, gun shops, you name it. With our badges, we are free to enter the Courthouse through the back door which has no security.

Just saying. :D

Pat

I walk in/out of the Colorado capitol all the time - when the magnetometer beeps I point to the cuff links and the let me through.

PSM
03-21-2015, 00:19
I walk in/out of the Colorado capitol all the time - when the magnetometer beeps I point to the cuff links and the let me through.

Hmm. I left my cuffs in the Tahoe. They have hinges, though, not links. :confused:

Pat ;)

SF_BHT
03-21-2015, 09:36
The TSa nazi security should not be there anyway.

He said TSA style security.........;)

I am not suprized. This is typical more than anyone wants to admit.

JJ_BPK
03-21-2015, 11:02
I guess Key West is leading edge. When you show up there is only one entrance & exit to the court house on White Head. They use a stair well and have 3-4 LEO's doing the filtering. If you exit, you are scanned on re-entry.

I forgot to leave my pen knife home one time,, but they let me leave and put it out in my truck. It was my trusty 1968 Camillus demo.

When I came back I gave them a 6-pack as a token of appreciation.. :D

I didn't get picked that day.. :D

PSM
03-21-2015, 13:55
I forgot to leave my pen knife home one time,, but they let me leave and put it out in my truck. It was my trusty 1968 Camillus demo.

I had a similar thing happen at the Torrance Courthouse. They gave us 2 hours for lunch, so I picked up a Subway sandwich and went home to eat it. My son came home shortly after and parked behind me, so I grabbed my keys to his truck and drove it went back to the courthouse. I was going through screening when this big black female Deputy shouted "Knife!" We all tuned expecting to see a machete wielding postman coming at us. Turns out she saw my Swiss Army penknife in the x-ray bucket. They, also, let me take it out to the truck but they didn't get any 6-pack. :D

Pat