PDA

View Full Version : Nooo! Damn! I really like Amazon

NousDefionsDoc
12-22-2004, 10:56
Amazon.com Joins Forces With Gun Control Group
Amazon.com, the online superstore, has united with the anti-gun movement this holiday season.

Amazon.com is promoting the Million Mom March, a group known for its support of strict gun control laws and regulations. It will give five percent of every sale to the organization when visitors access Amazon’s website through the Million Mom March site.

In 2001, the Million Mom March joined the Brady Campaign and the Brady Center to become the largest grassroots, non-partisan, anti-gun organization.

Since then, the group has supported many anti-gun proposals, such as New Jersey Assembly Bill 3942, which was proposed to outlaw the sale of .50 caliber or larger firearms including muzzleloaders. Fortunately for sportsmen, the bill was withdrawn in January. Similar legislation has been introduced in California, Illinois, New York and Virginia.

The Million Mom March also strongly opposed Senate Bill 1805, a congressional bill that would have protected firearm and ammunition manufacturers, distributors, dealers, and importers from frivolous lawsuits brought by victims of gun abusers.

Take Action! Sportsmen across the nation should contact Amazon.com and educate them about the Million Mom March’s goals to impose unnecessary gun control laws that threaten the rights of law abiding sportsmen and shooters. Contact President Jeff Bezos, Amazon.com, Inc. 1200 12th Ave. South Suite, 1200, Seattle, Washington 98144. Phone (206) 266-1000.
email to someone

http://waterandwoods.net/news.php?extend.372

Doc
12-22-2004, 11:43
There are 20-25 million women in the middle east that just got the right to vote and not one word celebrating that historic event has been mentioned by these "women groups" in America.

brewmonkey
12-22-2004, 14:04
Screw Amazon buy from http://www.booksamillioninc.com/ or http://www.booksamillion.com/ncom/books?redirect=1. They are one of our clients and are good people. Of course you could also try www.overstock.com I have gotten some great deals there that none of the other sites could touch.

Bravo1-3
12-22-2004, 14:08
Spamazon... you buy one book from them 3 years ago and you're inundated with spam.

I don't use them anyway since they're here in Washington State, and I have to pay sales taxes. I'd just assume go to Barnes and Nobel 3 miles away in that case.

rubberneck
12-22-2004, 14:42
It was pointed out on another website I frequent that Amazon offers 5% rebate to any group that signs up as an affiliate and has a link on their site to amazon. If PS.com wanted to you guys could sign up as an affiliate and the site would get 5% of anything purchased via your link to amazon. The only problem with that is I don't think they do a very good job of policing who is an affiliate. NAMBLA for example would probably slip through the cracks and then it could be said Amazon is supporting child molestors.

vsvo
12-22-2004, 16:42
Bummer man. Amazon also handles order fulfillment and/or online ops for Tarzhay, Toysrus, Virgin and is also linked with Circuit City. Order something from those sites and AMZN is processing the order and shipping it out of one of their huge distribution centers.

For books I was starting to use B&N more anyways. The prices are close and often the same for popular books, they offer free shipping as well, and members get an additional 10% off.

Roguish Lawyer
12-22-2004, 18:36
Damn!

So are there any decent on-line alternatives or do I have to go to the bookstore from now on?

Edit: thanks brew. Doh!

Kyobanim
12-22-2004, 19:23
Brew's got it right. Booksamillion and overstock.com have great deals. I found a book on overstock for $56 when everyone else was selling it for 100.

Gypsy
12-22-2004, 19:33
Damn this is a dumb move on their part... :mad:

Love BooksAMillion, even their brick and mortars are nice.

My brother is a muckety muck with Amazon....he's going to get a call from his big sister. :lifter

The Reaper
12-22-2004, 21:04
Damn this is a dumb move on their part... :mad:

Love BooksAMillion, even their brick and mortars are nice.

My brother is a muckety muck with Amazon....he's going to get a call from his big sister. :lifter

You can tell him there are a LOT more gun owners who are Amazon.com shoppers than Million Moms shopping out there, and we are deciding where to shop in the future based on their actions.

Actually, there are probably more people hanging out on streetcorners than showed up for their MMM's last march on DC.

TR

Gypsy
12-22-2004, 21:10
You can tell him there are a LOT more gun owners who are Amazon.com shoppers than Million Moms shopping out there, and we are deciding where to shop in the future based on their actions.

TR

That pretty much sums up what I had in mind Sir!

Sweetbriar
12-22-2004, 21:17
Rubberneck is correct. Combatleadership.com has the same arrangement. Amazon doesn't care who you are, they just want links and business.