PDA

View Full Version : Leatherman thumbs up!

PSM
03-09-2015, 23:31
I sent my, roughly, 10 year-old Wave in for warranty service last week because it had become hard to close. They sent me a new one. Can't beat that! They also have a "sentimental" box to check it you definitely want the one you sent in back. :lifter Salute Leatherman!

Pat

Sdiver
03-10-2015, 00:10
Finally sent my old one in a few weeks ago as well.

Pictures of it can be seen in this thread ... http://www.professionalsoldiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17299&highlight=leatherman+roll

Leatherman sent me a new and improved SuperTool, no questions asked.

I too saw the box to have my old one returned for "sentimental reasons", but I chose not to, instead I told them to hang on to it and display it and show the world that they do indeed get used. :D

Guymullins
03-10-2015, 05:10
Its a fabulous company. I sent my somewhat rare corkscrew model in to get the main blade replaced. I had broken the point off doing something stupid and was prepared to pay for a replacement. I get the tool back, no charge, even for postage with a new blade and all the other tools refurbished too.
I am told by the agent here in SA that the new ones made in the East are not nearly as good as those made in the USA like mine is.
Another great US company is Maglite, who repaired a big torch that had been munched by a hyena, also for free.

Barbarian
03-10-2015, 05:38
Another great US company is Maglite, who repaired a big torch that had been munched by a hyena, also for free.

Not the ole' hyena excuse again.:rolleyes::D

I've had good experiences with Maglite's customer service also.

Guymullins
03-10-2015, 09:38
Not the ole' hyena excuse again.:rolleyes::D

I've had good experiences with Maglite's customer service also.

Yeah, I bet they get a lot of those. The barrel looked like a crumpled can.

Team Sergeant
03-10-2015, 11:40
Before we did the Professionalsoldiers.com sale of Leatherman's I met Tim Leatherman and told him we intended to send all the money to charity. He did all the laser engraving for free......

Great folks and great company.

Guy
03-10-2015, 12:18
TSA has several of my leathermans....:o

Guymullins
03-10-2015, 14:08
Before we did the Professionalsoldiers.com sale of Leatherman's I met Tim Leatherman and told him we intended to send all the money to charity. He did all the laser engraving for free......

Great folks and great company.

Now there is a useful bit of information. I had presumed that Leatherman was the name of an item that had originated as a leather working tool.

cbtengr
03-10-2015, 17:44
Its a fabulous company. I sent my somewhat rare corkscrew model in to get the main blade replaced. I had broken the point off doing something stupid and was prepared to pay for a replacement. I get the tool back, no charge, even for postage with a new blade and all the other tools refurbished too.
I am told by the agent here in SA that the new ones made in the East are not nearly as good as those made in the USA like mine is.
Damned hyenas don't you just hate when that happens? :D