PDA

View Full Version : Fried Ravioli


cjwils3
03-09-2015, 22:14
Has anyone ever treated themselves to some fried ravioli? I had the pleasure of doing so at an Italian festival in Colorado and it was SO good!! The shells were filled with cheese and came with marinara dipping sauce. I am huge pasta fan but never would've guessed something so simple could be that delicious!!

I tried making some myself with less than ideal results, but it was still pretty tasty. I'd like to think it would be an ideal appetizer for an Italian-themed party or maybe a Super Bowl bash. I just wouldn't have any right before going to bed or else acid reflux would be a surefire consequence. :p

Lionshare
03-09-2015, 22:39
.

cjwils3
03-10-2015, 15:15
I am a fan if it's actually fried in house - I can always tell when the place has FROZEN fried ravioli and it makes me sad :boohoo.

I figured you would as that stuff must be fairly popular in Cleveland! I'm from central Kentucky so we mostly have egg noodles and ketchup and call it "Italian". ;)

Lionshare
03-10-2015, 15:29
.

cjwils3
03-10-2015, 15:41
Agh! My dad is from Louisville - I have NEVER seen anybody 'spread' ketchup out of glass bottle with a butter knife anywhere else but there - though I guess the overly-abundant amount of drive-through Liquor-Barns make up for that.

LOL! That does compensate for it somewhat...we do have some darn good bourbon. As for Italian food, I make it from scratch by scouring the Internet for recipes.

Gypsy
03-17-2015, 19:54
I tried making some myself with less than ideal results,

I love 'em.

So what happened?

Streck-Fu
03-18-2015, 06:52
Love the stuff. My family is from The Hill neighborhood in St. Louis where it originated in the US as 'toasted' ravioli. Good stuff....:D

cjwils3
03-18-2015, 12:46
I love 'em.

So what happened?

The frying part didn't go as I well as I had hoped. It's probably just my amateur culinary skills. :p

And Streck-Fu, I would love to take a trip to the Hill neighborhood and savor what is surely some of the best Italian food in the US! :)

Gypsy
03-18-2015, 19:08
Well don't give up, research a bit and try again!