PDA

View Full Version : Ross Perot question

SFRADIOMAN
12-21-2004, 20:35
I am looking for anyone who was associated with Ross Perot's "special legion" he put together to try to rescue a few people some years ago. I have some thoughts to run by you.

Thanks.

SFRadioman

RAT
12-22-2004, 11:17
I am looking for anyone who was associated with Ross Perot's "special legion" he put together to try to rescue a few people some years ago. I have some thoughts to run by you.

Thanks.

SFRadioman

Having known people that have delt with him in Texas.. You either are frineds with him or stay away.

I stay clear of him... He is not my flav of the month, year, decade, or the rest fo my life.

RAT OUT!!!

CPTAUSRET
12-22-2004, 12:13
He has certainly done a great many things for the military...Most of which you will never hear about.

Terry

Team Sergeant
12-22-2004, 12:14
Having known people that have delt with him in Texas.. You either are frineds with him or stay away.

I stay clear of him... He is not my flav of the month, year, decade, or the rest fo my life.

RAT OUT!!!

Rat,

I don't know if you understand the relationship between Special Forces and Ross Perot, or what SF Radioman is eluding to...

Mr Perot is very well respected by the US Special Forces, including me.

TS

RAT
12-22-2004, 12:33
Rat,

I don't know if you understand the relationship between Special Forces and Ross Perot, or what SF Radioman is eluding to...

TS

TS,

I am a fully aware what he has done. For that I will not fault the man.

He just left a few people I know hanging pretty good in the civi world to include me.

RAT OUT!!!

The Reaper
12-22-2004, 13:37
Rat,

TS

Me too.

He is a major benefactor, giving to the Warrior Foundation and many associated SOF causes.

He personally paid for the Meadows and Simons Memorials.

He also quietly provides a lot of behind the scenes help to many SOF families.
I am sorry that you feel that way, RAT.

My only complaint with him was his run for POTUS and how that helped put Slick Willie in the WH.

He is a good man anyway, in my book.

TR

RAT
12-22-2004, 13:59
Gent's

Please don't get me wrong. RP has done some wonderful stuff for SF and help fund where he thought it would do some good. For that I will always be grateful to him and others like him.

My problem is more on a personal level and what he said to me and about me directly. Since 1986 (I was 17) I have never been impressed with him or by him.

Again, this is my personal view and mine alone.

RAT OUT!!!

rtilryarms
12-22-2004, 18:03
Timing is everything.

Ross Perot did alot for SOF. The basis of one of my projects is centered around the operations spawned because of his successes.

He was way ahead of his time. POTUS was the wrong ambition. He was the power behind several curtains. Some of you know what thos ops were.

Out

rt

Doc
12-22-2004, 20:53
A friend of mine in the SEALs said that RP visited their casualties at BAMC after OJC. He brought the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders with him.

One of the comments RP told those men was that they did not have to worry about jobs while he was alive.

I agree with TR about the election debacle but he has done good things for the SOF's.

geronimo
01-05-2005, 13:33
I know a couple of guys who are much better off after being hurt badly enough to end their careers. He makes it possible for them to stay in. He does alot of good.

Roguish Lawyer
01-05-2005, 13:36
IIRC, he paid for a large chunk of the big museum near Bragg.

Trip_Wire (RIP)
01-05-2005, 14:35
Rat,

TS

I agree 100% with what you have said here! He really treated the Son Tay Raiders VERY well. His selection of COL "Bull" Simons to lead his Iran rescue team was a great choice! He has and continues to do a lot for the military and especially the Special Operations commumity. :munchin