PDA

View Full Version : Naval Postgraduate School

tazaygul
03-09-2015, 10:20
Gents,

I searched and didn't find anything specifically for attending the school, so I thought I'd start a thread for future references. The 18A thread seemed most appropriate though I do understand it's open to Warrants and NCOs as well.

All that aside, I will be heading out that way for a summer '15 start and wanted to ask the forum if anyone here would like to share their experiences there. I'm looking specifically for pro tips on where to live, what to expect from the courses, recommendations for things to do/not to do, etc.

I plan on flying out in April to do an area recon and wanted to get advice from those that have "been there, done that" so I can narrow the focus. Hopefully this thread will become a useful information source for anyone else that is heading out that way in the future.

Thanks,
T

TFA303
03-09-2015, 11:05
Conversation in the wardroom of my first ship:

CO: "Hey, XO, do you play golf""

XO: "Sir, I went to Monterrey."

CO: "That's a 'yes', then."

In all honesty, congratulations on getting this opportunity. You're going to have a great time.

Beef
03-14-2015, 14:45
My meager contribution is eat at Mando's on Fountain St. in Pacific Grove for Mexican. Cheap and great authentic Mexican food. Locals only, pretty much.My family and I were just in there three days ago and enjoyed watching some local guys teaching the little Mexican waitress Spanish. Apparently an on-going joke.