PDA

View Full Version : Greenville, SC GBF Fundraiser - July 25, 2015

Roguish Lawyer
03-02-2015, 13:31
This will be a good one, the 2nd annual. Details attached. I am told that a prominent ps.com QP may be in attendance. :munchin

Feel free to circulate this information widely.

(1VB)compforce
03-06-2015, 16:59
Shameless bump...

We will be there again. I just confirmed our table.

x SF med
03-06-2015, 17:20
Um.... what's the best way to put this? The Soiree is great, the after party is even better - last year it was an informal 'crawl' with some current and former SF people and it was fun as hell.

I am accepting donations for a plane ticket, actually 2 plane tickets, there is another upcoming GBF event in the works I'd like to attend.

Roguish Lawyer
04-17-2015, 12:57
Deadline extended, see attached.

Team Sergeant
04-19-2015, 21:27
I'll be attending.....

x SF med
04-19-2015, 22:06
I'll be attending.....

Damn.... now I'll have to try to come up with cash for a plane ticket, maybe 2, if I decide to bring the HH6....

Jakedeep
04-19-2015, 22:32
Is this open to individuals not in Special Forces?

I wonder what it would take to convince my DS to grant me a weekend pass so I can attend... :D

(1VB)compforce
04-20-2015, 05:32
Is this open to individuals not in Special Forces?

I wonder what it would take to convince my DS to grant me a weekend pass so I can attend... :D

It's a civilian function to raise money for the Green Beret Foundation that is being hosted by the South Carolina Upstate Paralegal Association. Most of the attendees will be civilians.

Roguish Lawyer
04-20-2015, 08:08
I'll be attending.....

I might join you. :munchin

Team Sergeant
04-20-2015, 10:00
I might join you. :munchin

We're all meeting at (1VB)compforce's house. Drink all his beer, eat all his food and then head to South Carolina to do the same at someone elses house.....;)

(1VB)compforce
04-20-2015, 10:19
I have a whole chest freezer that I need to clean out. It also has a soft-freeze that keeps beer really cold. Bring it on!

My plan is to drive to SC starting right after morning rush hour Friday 24 JUL. That will get us on-site around 1300-1400, plenty of time to meet and greet, drink some more beer, shine boots, etc.

My neighbor, former Cav guy, is driving up Saturday 25 JUL in his SUV. Another neighbor (LEO) will be driving as well. I'm not sure if they are leaving on Friday or Saturday. Plenty of room for passengers if needed. I drive a two seater so TS and I are it for mine.

Team Sergeant
04-20-2015, 10:29
I have a whole chest freezer that I need to clean out. It also has a soft-freeze that keeps beer really cold. Bring it on!

My plan is to drive to SC starting right after morning rush hour Friday 24 JUL. That will get us on-site around 1300-1400, plenty of time to meet and greet, drink some more beer, shine boots, etc.

My neighbor, former Cav guy, is driving up Saturday 25 JUL in his SUV. Another neighbor (LEO) will be driving as well. I'm not sure if they are leaving on Friday or Saturday. Plenty of room for passengers if needed. I drive a two seater so TS and I are it for mine.

LOL, he said "shine boots"....

I'll be sporting flip flops, a thong and a smile.......

(1VB)compforce
04-20-2015, 10:32

I'll go buy some seat covers and a front seat divider for the car then...

x SF med
04-20-2015, 15:42

Hope you're bullet proof too.... because nobody will want t osee it, and you'll be the target....:p

MR2
04-20-2015, 17:26
Micro shooting I'll guess... :p

Surgicalcric
04-20-2015, 19:06

You'll be the only one smiling...

Can't wait to see you guys.

Roguish Lawyer
04-20-2015, 20:32
You'll be the only one smiling...

Can't wait to see you guys.

I assume your beloved shared with you all the shit she volunteered you to do for me if I show up . . . :)

x SF med
04-20-2015, 22:24
I assume your beloved shared with you all the shit she volunteered you to do for me if I show up . . . :)

Damn RL.... you always have something for him to do .... damn letters, and crap....

If you show up and I show up.... I will make sure to have a bottle of OOLA bourbon for you to try. Oh, wait, I forgot.... you HATE small batch single barrel bourbons.... I'll bring you some mad dog 20-20....

Team Sergeant
04-21-2015, 11:41
Flight reservations made. We meet at (1VB)compforce house on the 23rd and proceed to drink all his adult beverages. 24th we drive up to Greenville and drink someone else's adult beverages.
25th should be a blur, 26th hangover. ;) Maybe some glutinous carnivorous mastication in between drinking. I'll provide the culinary advisement for the indigenous forces.

See you all there.

If you don't have a place to stay let me know and I'll give you (1VB)compforce's hotel room number.......;)

(1VB)compforce
04-21-2015, 11:51
Flight reservations made. We meet at (1VB)compforce house on the 23rd and proceed to drink all his adult beverages. 24th we drive up to Greenville and drink someone else's adult beverages.
25th should be a blur, 26th hangover. ;) Maybe some glutinous carnivorous mastication in between drinking. I'll provide the culinary advisement for the indigenous forces.

See you all there.

If you don't have a place to stay let me know and I'll give you (1VB)compforce's hotel room number.......;)

If we drink all my adult beverages, we'll never make to Saturday... The picture is just what I have set out on the shelf, there's a box or two downstairs as well.

Team Sergeant
04-21-2015, 11:55
If we drink all my adult beverages, we'll never make to Saturday... The picture is just what I have set out on the shelf, there's a box or two downstairs as well.

You're kidding, seriously? :munchin

(And how many SF parties have you attended?) :D

You've not been to my house.....

Surgicalcric
04-21-2015, 20:26

She hasn't mentioned it cause she knows there isn't much at all that I wouldn't do for you Scott.

Maybe I will be an E8 come the event and you all can see me pinned.

Team Sergeant
04-21-2015, 21:39
She hasn't mentioned it cause she knows there isn't much at all that I wouldn't do for you Scott.

Well then my request is easy, a $1000 dollar bottle of whiskey and a $10 hooker.

Edit to add: I think I got that backwards.....:o Forget that request.

(1VB)compforce
04-27-2015, 10:33
And.... The flight is confirmed, the rooms are confirmed, the table is confirmed. The after party is confirmed.

All systems are GO.

Sdiver
04-27-2015, 11:13
And.... The flight is confirmed, the rooms are confirmed, the table is confirmed. The after party is confirmed.

All systems are GO.

God Speed (1VB)compforce ..... you're gonna need it. :eek:

Team Sergeant
04-28-2015, 10:25
God Speed (1VB)compforce ..... you're gonna need it. :eek:

I'm not sure if I really need more than one thong for this trip.... I guess I'll take a few to mix and match.

See ya'all soon.....;)

TS

(1VB)compforce
04-28-2015, 10:30
I'm not sure if I really need more than one thong for this trip.... I guess I'll take a few to mix and match.

See ya'all soon.....;)

TS

I'm now teaching my dog to attack men wearing thongs...

...and retrieve women wearing them :D

Sdiver
04-28-2015, 11:21

See ya'all soon.....;)

TS

Now TS, YOU of ALL people should know .... Two Thongs Don't Make It Right.

:munchin

Team Sergeant
05-01-2015, 16:15
Ok so I'm hoping there's a pool at the hotel, I've found the perfect bathing suit..... See you guys soon!

(1VB)compforce
05-01-2015, 16:49
^
|
|
What you think you look like

What everyone else sees
|
|
|
V

Team Sergeant
05-02-2015, 08:44
^
|
|
What you think you look like

What everyone else sees
|
|
|
V

I don't have that much hair......:munchin

Roguish Lawyer
05-14-2015, 13:04
Tickets are on sale now: http://2ndAnnualProfessionalSoldierSoiree.eventbrite.com

Team Sergeant
05-14-2015, 14:18
Tickets are on sale now: http://2ndAnnualProfessionalSoldierSoiree.eventbrite.com

Yeah, about that "Sergeants Circle" thing.... should I be concerned?

(1VB)compforce
05-14-2015, 14:44
Yeah, about that "Sergeants Circle" thing.... should I be concerned?

very very concerned....

SGT M. :D

Dame
05-16-2015, 14:10
I hear there will be an autographed copy of Pamwe Chete up for auction.

Roguish Lawyer
05-19-2015, 18:36
OK, I'm attending. Anyone wanna go in on a table rather than buy individual tickets?

Team Sergeant
05-19-2015, 20:58
OK, I'm attending. Anyone wanna go in on a table rather than buy individual tickets?

We might let you sit with us......;)

What do you say (1VB)compforce?

(1VB)compforce
05-19-2015, 21:39
I think we can probably make room... We'll be at two tables soon, I have 15 attending currently + RL. BTW, I also have tickets to the after party for all of us.

1 or 2 plates RL? No kick-in on my side, donate whatever you feel is right to the foundation and we're even.

Roguish Lawyer
05-20-2015, 07:46
I think we can probably make room... We'll be at two tables soon, I have 15 attending currently + RL. BTW, I also have tickets to the after party for all of us.

1 or 2 plates RL? No kick-in on my side, donate whatever you feel is right to the foundation and we're even.

Sweet, thanks, it will be just me.

(1VB)compforce
05-20-2015, 07:54
Sweet, thanks, it will be just me.

Done...

(1VB)compforce
05-22-2015, 12:18
Here are the menu choices for the night. For those at my tables, please let me know which one you want for your meal. Personally I'm going for baby cow.:

Chicken alla Campania (Balsamic & herb marinated chicken w/ sauteed grape tomatoes, artichoke & onions)

Veal Oscar (Veal scallopini topped w/ asparagus, crabmeat & hollandaise sauce)

Blackened Salmon & Cheddar grits (Alaskan Salmon served on cheddar grits w/ citrus butter sauce)

Eggplant Parmesan (Vegetarian option: Hand-breaded eggplant, topped with tomato-herb sauce and provolone)

Team Sergeant
05-22-2015, 19:48
Here are the menu choices for the night. For those at my tables, please let me know which one you want for your meal. Personally I'm going for baby cow.:

Chicken alla Campania (Balsamic & herb marinated chicken w/ sauteed grape tomatoes, artichoke & onions)

Veal Oscar (Veal scallopini topped w/ asparagus, crabmeat & hollandaise sauce)

Blackened Salmon & Cheddar grits (Alaskan Salmon served on cheddar grits w/ citrus butter sauce)

Eggplant Parmesan (Vegetarian option: Hand-breaded eggplant, topped with tomato-herb sauce and provolone)

Dead cow for me too!!! (YUM) (Unless they decide to serve Spotted Owl or California Condor)

Roguish Lawyer
05-26-2015, 17:28

See you all there.

Just booked plane tickets and room. Arriving Friday in time for dinner, staying at the place suggested by Crip's better half. Leaving Sunday afternoon.

x SF med
05-27-2015, 15:59
It is looking like there is a possibility I could make it to the soiree.... Will know by next week hopefully.

Dame
05-27-2015, 16:42
It is looking like there is a possibility I could make it to the soiree.... Will know by next week hopefully.

That would be awesome! :)

Roguish Lawyer
05-27-2015, 18:47

Tease

(1VB)compforce
06-16-2015, 16:36
I still have a few seats at my tables if others want to come. Same rules apply...don't pay me for the seat, just donate to the Foundation.

Note: this offer only open to members in good standing. TS has veto authority

Team Sergeant
06-17-2015, 08:56
I still have a few seats at my tables if others want to come. Same rules apply...don't pay me for the seat, just donate to the Foundation.

Note: this offer only open to members in good standing. TS has veto authority

"Caitlyn" still has a seat with us, right? :munchin

(1VB)compforce
06-17-2015, 16:00
"Caitlyn" still has a seat with us, right? :munchin

In your lap...

Team Sergeant
06-17-2015, 16:03
In your lap...

You're such a tease. ;)

x SF med
06-17-2015, 18:21
I am off the list... I hope to send a lovely pre party gift to the Guest of Honor's house for sharing with legal counsel.... he may be needed later in the evening.... yes, it is a bribe for my brothers.

Dame
06-17-2015, 21:00
I am off the list... I hope to send a lovely pre party gift to the Guest of Honor's house for sharing with legal counsel.... he may be needed later in the evening.... yes, it is a bribe for my brothers.

You will be missed, Herr Troll.

Team Sergeant
06-18-2015, 10:41
I am off the list...

Great, now who is going to be my wing-man and tell outrageous lies about me? :rolleyes:

(1VB)compforce
06-18-2015, 13:12
Great, now who is going to be my wing-man and tell outrageous lies about me? :rolleyes:

I can do it...

No shit, there we were waist deep in paper clips and rubber bands...

TS got a purple kidney medal for a papercut while teaching indigs how to create a powerpoint.

Then there was this one time where TS went out on the town and well, Caitlyn wasn't Caitlyn back then...

How am I doing? :D

Sdiver
06-18-2015, 13:42
I can do it...

TS got a purple kidney medal for a papercut while teaching indigs how to create a powerpoint.

Then there was this one time where TS went out on the town and well, Caitlyn wasn't Caitlyn back then...

Team Sergeant
06-18-2015, 21:25
I can do it...

Those are not bad but I've never taught indig Powerpoint, Outlook maybe but not Powerpoint.

x SF med you gotta go! Just let me know if there's anything I can do? (Dirt naps included!)

x SF med
06-19-2015, 04:43
Those are not bad but I've never taught indig Powerpoint, Outlook maybe but not Powerpoint.

x SF med you gotta go! Just let me know if there's anything I can do? (Dirt naps included!)

I am taking my days off to move.... you're in contact with my evil computer overlord... you convince him.

Stories? Can I tell the ones about your Out-Laws?:eek::eek: Or should I stick to Orlando and Vegas stories?

You mean like the time we drank all the beer at the Thai restaurant, and there were only 12 of us, well 13, Bill was there, he counts as 2... but then again 4 of the people were drinking wine or liquor....

Team Sergeant
06-19-2015, 09:39
I am taking my days off to move.... you're in contact with my evil computer overlord... you convince him.

Damn, now I'll have to pay someone to laugh at my jokes......

x SF med
06-19-2015, 16:14
Damn, now I'll have to pay someone to laugh at my jokes......

...which reminds me, you still owe me $500 for laughing at your jokes.

Dame
06-19-2015, 20:54
I am taking my days off to move....

At least mail me the evil doppelganger I gave you. I'll bring him as my date and take pictures. :D

x SF med
06-19-2015, 21:01
At least mail me the evil doppelganger I gave you. I'll bring him as my date and take pictures. :D

Nope.

Dame
06-19-2015, 21:03
Nope.

Gads. Turned down by a Little Kittle. New dating low. :rolleyes:

Roguish Lawyer
07-07-2015, 15:37
ONLY 8 MORE DAYS TO BUY YOUR TICKETS!!!

Greenville’s 2nd Annual Professional Soldier Soiree to benefit the Green Beret Foundation’s Next Ridgeline program is a semi-formal event on Saturday, July 25, 2015 from 6-10 pm at the Poinsett Club, 807 East Washington Street, Greenville, South Carolina. The event will begin with a cocktail hour and silent auction with live entertainment by pianist, Justin Mohr. Dinner and presentations will follow.

The deadline to buy your tickets is noon on Wednesday, July 15, 2015. For more information and to register online, please visit: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/greenvilles-2nd-annual-professional-soldier-soiree-tickets-15718703064

PLEASE HELP US BOOST ATTENDANCE!!
Please forward this email to anyone who supports our military – Ticket sales are open to everyone.

We hope to see you there!

(1VB)compforce
07-11-2015, 15:34
ONLY 8 MORE DAYS TO BUY YOUR TICKETS!!!

Greenville’s 2nd Annual Professional Soldier Soiree to benefit the Green Beret Foundation’s Next Ridgeline program is a semi-formal event on Saturday, July 25, 2015 from 6-10 pm at the Poinsett Club, 807 East Washington Street, Greenville, South Carolina. The event will begin with a cocktail hour and silent auction with live entertainment by pianist, Justin Mohr. Dinner and presentations will follow.

The deadline to buy your tickets is noon on Wednesday, July 15, 2015. For more information and to register online, please visit: http://www.eventbrite.com/e/greenvilles-2nd-annual-professional-soldier-soiree-tickets-15718703064

PLEASE HELP US BOOST ATTENDANCE!!
Please forward this email to anyone who supports our military – Ticket sales are open to everyone.

We hope to see you there!

Two weeks to go! 071515... is it a coincidence?

(1VB)compforce
07-14-2015, 14:18
Just a quick reminder for those that are going. The cash bar at the Poinsette Club is folding cash only. Everything else going on will accept plastic.

Surgicalcric
07-19-2015, 09:27
Looking forward to seeing you all there.

As a side note, I received my No-Later-Than date. It is 14 October; the 3rd anniversary of the first time I got blown up that rotation.

Dame
07-19-2015, 21:55
Is anyone else flying in Friday night?

(1VB)compforce
07-20-2015, 05:05
TS and I are driving up Friday.

Team Sergeant
07-20-2015, 08:10
TS and I are driving up Friday.

Great.

Why don't you just tell everyone the time so they don't have to wait in their L-Shaped ambush for too long? :munchin

(And it would be nice of you to tell all the make, model and color of your car.....)

(1VB)compforce
07-20-2015, 08:32
Great.

Why don't you just tell everyone the time so they don't have to wait in their L-Shaped ambush for too long? :munchin

(And it would be nice of you to tell all the make, model and color of your car.....)

bah, it was already posted earlier in the thread. Besides, one look at you in your thong and they'd all go blind and run away. :D

Roguish Lawyer
07-20-2015, 09:44
Is anyone else flying in Friday night?

I am. Crip is picking me up.

Dame
07-20-2015, 21:16
I am. Crip is picking me up.

Hmmm. Wondering if coordinating rides to hotels would be difficult or not. Don't want to inconvenience anyone.

Surgicalcric
07-20-2015, 23:37
There is no inconvenience, other than seeing TS in a thong.

Dame
07-20-2015, 23:50

I thought he changed his mind. Wasn't it a "man-kini?" :eek:

And thank you, Crip. I'll text you my flight info. But if it's a problem, I can take a cab.

x SF med
07-20-2015, 23:57
I just want to make it known that I hate all of you (except my brother Crip) for going to this indig shindig... I hear the musical guest might play a piece that will make it very dusty in the room...

AND... I hope the one piece each of you bids on in the silent auction is out bid by $5 by a QP you thought was your friend.... happened to me last year... now I wish it on the attendees for this year. TS, you can outbid yourself and show them all the real meaning of fight club.

Pictures - of the soiree and the after party, I will not share them.

Dame
07-21-2015, 00:02
I just want to make it known that I hate all of you (except my brother Crip) for going to this indig shindig... I hear the musical guest might play a piece that will make it very dusty in the room...

AND... I hope the one piece each of you bids on in the silent auction is out bid by $5 by a QP you thought was your friend.... happened to me last year... now I wish it on the attendees for this year. TS, you can outbid yourself and show them all the real meaning of fight club.

Pictures - of the soiree and the after party, I will not share them.

I'll try to take the good camera. All persec rules will be observed.

Roguish Lawyer
07-21-2015, 09:03
I just want to make it known that I hate all of you

I will enjoy drinking your share

Golf1echo
07-21-2015, 09:26
Have fun and stay safe! I'll be raising a glass yawls way at the appropriate time. :lifter

Team Sergeant
07-21-2015, 10:27

Yeah, what she said, get it right...... "man-kini" :munchin

full cooler
07-22-2015, 07:27
Yeah, what she said, get it right...... "man-kini" :munchin

Is that considered casual chic or more like a jock strap and a light coat of oil? Either way, break out the eye bleach.

x SF med
07-23-2015, 01:01
I will enjoy drinking your share

I'm not sending the OOLA for that comment.
(actually, we could not get into a place that sold it on our trip over, due to the parking lot constraints...:( )

I still hate the rest of you.

Dame... if you send them e-mail no PERSEC constraints are needed... well, except TS in a thong/mankini/kaitlyn outfit.... NOBODY needs to see that....

Roguish Lawyer
07-23-2015, 13:01
(actually, we could not get into a place that sold it on our trip over, due to the parking lot constraints...:( )

Dame... if you send them e-mail no PERSEC constraints are needed... well, except TS in a thong/mankini/kaitlyn outfit.... NOBODY needs to see that....

I bought a case of bourbon this morning, including a bottle of your OOLA. But I am only going to bring a bottle or two, and the OOLA is not cool enough to make the cut. :eek:

Dame
07-23-2015, 20:31

I may have to Dropbox them, Herr Troll, but I think that'll be OK if I get everyone's email and send an invite to see the pics and download. I think I did that with the Swett Warrior pics, yes?

And I'm reserving judgement on the man-kini/thong/gown TS wears until I see it. Who knows, he might be able to pull it off.

Er, wait... :eek:

The Reaper
07-23-2015, 21:43
he might be able to pull it off.

Let's hope not. :D

TR

Roguish Lawyer
07-24-2015, 01:18
If he does that shit in front of me, he's gonna get shot! Don't test me, TS, I have been trained by highly skilled personnel. :munchin:D

x SF med
07-24-2015, 02:20
... he might be able to pull it off.

it's bad enough he's going to wear one of those items.... if he removes it, it's your eyes that will bleed.

Let's hope not. :D

TR

Agree with TR...

Team Sergeant
07-24-2015, 08:08
Infiltration is complete. (Remembered the man-kini. ) Infil of Greenville, SC later today. See you guys soon........;)

Roguish Lawyer
07-25-2015, 14:34
Last night, we confirmed that TS is, in fact, is a chef.

Looking forward to the event tonight . . .

Guy
07-25-2015, 14:55
Last night, we confirmed that TS is, in fact, is a chef.

Looking forward to the event tonight . . .Tell TS that, I'm a rising star in the cooking/chef arena. I just ordered a food saver...:p

Team Sergeant
07-27-2015, 18:25
Just returned. (Didn't put on the man-kini cause I forgot to wax......)

Great event, some great speakers!

Professionalsoldiers.com donated some knives, (one was a serial numbered PS.com knife) and they did very well.

Met some old and new friends! It was a pleasure to meet everyone!
TS

Dame
07-31-2015, 22:56
If there was anyone in attendance who wanted pictures and did not already get access to them, please PM me your email.

ccrn
01-05-2016, 16:37
Man I wish I'd been tracking this I couldve easily gone.....