PDA

View Full Version : ISIS Destroys Artifacts in Museum

South
02-26-2015, 19:59
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/feb/26/isis-fighters-destroy-ancient-artefacts-mosul-museum-iraq

I was reading around today and found several articles about new deplorable acts by ISIS in Iraq. To summarize they recorded themselves smashing thousand year old artifacts with sledge hammers and power tools. Why? Because it is "idolatry" and "non-quranic ideals." They also apparently burned an 1800 year old Christian church. Even the Nazis would find these people, if you can call them people, worthy of death. I just wanted to share this and get y'alls thoughts on these psychopaths. If we go to war with these guys before I finish college, I will be hard pressed to find a reason not to drop out and enlist instead of waiting to become SF. It is amazing humans are capable of becoming such animals.

Team Sergeant
02-27-2015, 13:08
Nothing to see here, just islamic monkeys doing what islamic monkeys do.

I wonder if they realize that most of the world sees them as an unintelligent sub-human species......

mark46th
02-27-2015, 13:57
Dennis Prager told about the time when he was taking a bus from Lebanon to Israel during his college days. He was sitting next to an Iraqi and asked him what the Iraqi people were like. The Iraqi told him they were barbaric savages. From what I have seen, he gives them too much credit...

Old Dog New Trick
02-27-2015, 14:30
It was just old stuff anyway!

Those whom do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. Those whom destroy their history have no future...past or present.

Flagg
02-27-2015, 17:24
Not just limited to there.

I've seen the destruction of the giant buddhas in Bamyan Province in Afghanistan.

I think the same has been happening in West Africa in Timbuktu as well?

They're like crazy, armed, and angry luddites.

It must be getting pretty hard to avoid the very close, awkward(for the left) and scary parallels of militant islam destroying cultural/artistic treasure with the nazis stealing/destroying cultural/artistic treasures.

Team Sergeant
02-27-2015, 19:14
Not just limited to there.

I've seen the destruction of the giant buddhas in Bamyan Province in Afghanistan.
I think the same has been happening in West Africa in Timbuktu as well?

They're like crazy, armed, and angry luddites.

It must be getting pretty hard to avoid the very close, awkward(for the left) and scary parallels of militant islam destroying cultural/artistic treasure with the nazis stealing/destroying cultural/artistic treasures.

I remember watching a news broadcast with that information and thinking what morons. They destroyed them because they thought (wrongly) that islam was the first religion.

Again, mooslems = sub-human species.

Sohei
02-27-2015, 19:53
That's how clowns act when they are outside the confines of their circus tents.

They have no appreciation for anything other than their thuggish desires. Their only goal is to do what they want with impunity to whomever they want. Nothing they do surprises me.

The Reaper
02-27-2015, 20:08
I don't think those female volunteers are leading the lives they expected with their holy heroes, either.

TR

Pete
02-28-2015, 06:04
The Taliban, ISIS - Boko Haram....

There's one thing that ties them together - just can't put my finger on it.

Richard
02-28-2015, 08:14
Crusading forces have a habit of doing that, whether as a result of battle damage, the emotional actions of the soldiers directed against the 'enemy' and their cultural symbols, or the willful propogation of propaganda to demoralize the enemy and bolster the morale of the perpetrators.

An exception to this was the creation of the MFAA in WW2 and our efforts (as directed by SHAEF) to actually lessen and save Western Culture from such plundering and pillaging. It worked, to a point, but many valuable cultural artifacts were still lost to the ravages and pillaging of the war.

An offshoot of that effort is our National Historical Register and the UNESCO World Heritage Centre, and their efforts to preserve our and the world's cultural heritage. War, however, in whatever form, is a known 'deal breaker' for any such efforts in its inherent savagery.

Here's the UNESCO list of recognized World Heritage sites.

http://whc.unesco.org/en/list

We made an effort to resurrect the MFAA in OIF, but it was half-hearted, at best, and but an additional mission added to the USACAPOC units.

Personally, I would like to see a full-standing Greek bronze, but during the so-called Dark Ages (ca. 400-800 CE) scavengers dismantled many stone sculptures and melted down nearly all bronzes for scrap. As a result, our knowledge of Greek sculpture is limited to Roman copies of the orginal designs or a few remaining fragments which I've seen in museums in Athens and on Santorini.

And so it goes...

Richard

Pete
02-28-2015, 09:11
So, Richard, you appear to agree with the President.

Since we did it in the past it's OK for them to do it now?

I'd say the difference was that in the recent past western nations have gone out of their way to try and protect historic sites.

These cats are targeting the sites - and so proud of their actions that they post them to the world.

mark46th
02-28-2015, 09:20
"The Taliban, ISIS - Boko Haram....

There's one thing that ties them together - just can't put my finger on it." Pete

Newt Gingrich has a thought on that...

http://www.c-span.org/video/?c4525157/newt-gingrich-war-radical-islamism

Richard
02-28-2015, 09:30
So, Richard, you appear to agree with the President.

Since we did it in the past it's OK for them to do it now?

I'd say the difference was that in the recent past western nations have gone out of their way to try and protect historic sites.

These cats are targeting the sites - and so proud of their actions that they post them to the world.

You misread my post - I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with anybody - just giving a bit of perspective to an ages olde issue.

Richard

Pete
02-28-2015, 09:47
You misread my post - I am neither agreeing nor disagreeing with anybody - just giving a bit of perspective to an ages olde issue.

Richard

Kinda' like the President did - just giving a little perspective.

And even slipped in Crusading.

Richard
02-28-2015, 09:59
Kinda' like the President did - just giving a little perspective.

And even slipped in Crusading.

FWIW - I haven't read/heard the POTUS' remarks on this subject.

As far as "crusading" - a concerted effort or vigorous movement for a cause.

Richard

tonyz
02-28-2015, 10:41
ISIS Destroys Artifacts in Museum

Can't be...ISIS is the JV...you sure those aren't members of the sovereign citizen movement...

PSM
02-28-2015, 11:56
They're not too bright. They could sell a lot of that stuff and fund their evil endeavors.

Pat