View Full Version : Certified Reconditioned Vitamix Blenders
Best blenders on the market imho, I have 2 Vitamix 2 speed blenders that were bought over 20 years ago. Still work like a charm, I just order another. They are Certified Reconditioned Series. The 2 speed is all you need.
Retail $399.00 vs reconditioned $259.00
https://www.vitamix.com/shop/Certified-Reconditioned-Products.aspx
Team Sergeant
02-24-2015, 11:14
Something you may want to mention is that these blenders move so fast they will heat up food to HOT.
And if you forget to put on the lid of a "full" Vitamix blender, have no fear, you will never make that mistake twice. (Yes you will be cleaning the ceiling and the entire room for a quite a while)
These are commercial grade blenders. Sorta like the Robot Coupe, the commercial food processor standard for the food industry. Like the Vitamix, just one speed is all you need and you'll have to work hard to break it......
Something you may want to mention is that these blenders move so fast they will heat up food to HOT.
TS, you are correct the speed is incredible, we used them for purees, soup, sauces, mousseline, and anything that requires a silk like texture. Usually the ingredient is hot going into the blender. But, the blenders also do ice cubes real well and are great for making salad dressing, binding the vinegar and oil perfectly.
Forgetting the top is a PITA exercise, I'm a certified member of the "clean that ceiling club". :rolleyes:
Team Sergeant
02-24-2015, 18:32
We made lobster bisque one day and the chef told us to "put the shells in the Vitamix......" what a racket but it chopped them up.......
We make salsa in ours. Just drop in the goodies, and let it whirl.
Brace in place and 15 minutes later, it's cooked and ready to eat. Don't plan on hearing shit though :D
We made lobster bisque one day and the chef told us to "put the shells in the Vitamix......" what a racket but it chopped them up.......
TS, does that mean you placed the hard cover shells in the blender too?
One thing that ya'll missed was that you can get the blender blades that will grind your own grains. They push up rather than pull down. Great for grinding wheat; corn; etc.
We've had a Vitamix for going on 15 years now. great warranty, great customer service. Great product.
I use it for my morning smoothie. I put EVERYTHING in that thing: ginger, banana, cinnamon, blue-berries, carrot, peas, Pom Juice, protein powder, coconut oil, yogurt. Great smoothie and in short-order.
Team Sergeant
02-25-2015, 09:06
TS, does that mean you placed the hard cover shells in the blender too?
We took the meat from the lobster and placed it's shell in the Vitamix........ worked like a charm, but you could hear it from Alaska.....
So THAT was the noise we kept hearing... :D
I love my Vitamix.
After burning through a handful of blenders we finally got a Vitamix last year. It's in constant use. I just discovered how nicely it mills grain for fresh bread. Looking for more way to use this workhorse, so suggestions are welcome.
If the house catches fire, the Vitamix is one of the things I'm grabbing...
Susan
miclo18d
02-25-2015, 19:19
Vitamix +1
We got the variable speed version about 3 years ago. I was literally scared to buy a blender for $400 bones! One of the best decisions we made!
Next to our crock pot, they are the 2 most used items in the kitchen.
3rd place goes to my Kuerig 2.0, I hope it lasts longer than the original Kuerig. Danged air pus kept failing; they do have a great return policy though!
Peregrino
02-25-2015, 19:40
Two Vitamixes. With the grain grinding carafe. They're that good. Actually used one as a loaner for a friend in dire straights (broken jaw) who might have starved without it!
And if you forget to put on the lid of a "full" Vitamix blender, have no fear, you will never make that mistake twice. (Yes you will be cleaning the ceiling and the entire room for a quite a while).I've just figured that out!:eek::o
(1VB)compforce
07-04-2015, 17:05
I've just figured that out!:eek::o
I could hear the "M.... F...."'s all the way over here in Atlanta... :D
I have a blendtec. They're the main competition for Vitamix. More of a helicopter or food processor style blade (without being sharp), but all of the power. First test was ice to snow in under 5 seconds. So far I am completely sold on it.
http://www.blendtec.com/blenders/designer-675
They have a commercial one, but it tops out at $1k and I couldn't justify it. The refurbs at $279 are a good deal.
http://www.blendtec.com/blenders/refurbished
One thing that ya'll missed was that you can get the blender blades that will grind your own grains. They push up rather than pull down. Great for grinding wheat; corn; etc.
We've had a Vitamix for going on 15 years now. great warranty, great customer service. Great product.
I use it for my morning smoothie. I put EVERYTHING in that thing: ginger, banana, cinnamon, blue-berries, carrot, peas, Pom Juice, protein powder, coconut oil, yogurt. Great smoothie and in short-order.
Same....no vitamix way down here.....but a solid commercial blender that can liquify metal.
Absolutely essential household appliance I reckon....without it I'd have no way of drinking my daily vegetable lunch.
TOMAHAWK9521
07-04-2015, 22:25
Vitamix blenders are good. Myself, I picked up a Blendtech 650. It can pulverize/blend damn near anything.