PDA

View Full Version : Belleville One Xero 320's

REP63WannaB
02-22-2015, 18:11
Gentlemen,

Does anyone have any experience with the Belleville One Xero 320's?
I am also looking at the Rocky C2V 101's. So feel free to compare/contrast the two if you'd like. There's no shortage of info on the CV2's and everyone seems to like them.

I am specifically looking for boots to take to SFAS. I am due to graduate Airborne Aug 7. So it looks like SFAS anywhere from beginning Fall to Winter.

Please advise

VR
REP

REP63WannaB
02-22-2015, 20:28
Plot a 58 degree azimuth from the comma after the word "Welcome" in your personal information box in the upper right.

The azimuth should bisect the link to a certain useful feature.

My search continues to turn up no input on the One Xero 320's

REP

The Reaper
02-22-2015, 23:27
More requests for magic boots. :rolleyes:

What is wrong with the boots you will be issued?

TR

REP63WannaB
02-23-2015, 02:11
More requests for magic boots. :rolleyes:

What is wrong with the boots you will be issued?

TR

TR

I would imagine nothing.
Yet my question still stands.
Hopefully someone has used them before

REP

miclo18d
02-23-2015, 06:03
TR

I would imagine nothing.
Yet my question still stands.
Hopefully someone has used them before

REP
When you start SFAS one of the first things they tell you (at least I hope they still do) is that "your SF reputation starts here". The fact that you're on this website pushes that start point up a little, as there are many Quiet Professionals both active and retire (many still with contacts in the community) who are reading your posts.

Do you really think this comment was appropriate? I certainly took it as insulting and rude. Now, I haven't kept up a lot of contacts in the community, but I'm not so sure about TR.

Good luck in your endeavors, I hope you find a pair of magic boots to fly you through selection, I for one just wore the crappy army issue boots I was given, and I hope you understand that your reputation is much more important than the boots you wear.

Box
02-23-2015, 07:06
from what I remember SFAS only allowed the use of US Army issued equipment

maybe my memory is flawed or maybe things have just changed

Peregrino
02-23-2015, 08:10
from what I remember SFAS only allowed the use of US Army issued equipment

maybe my memory is flawed or maybe things have just changed

Nah - nobody will ever acuse you of a faulty memory. Missing/disabled filters - yes; but never a faulty memory. :p

Box
02-23-2015, 10:14
I'll have you know, my filters are not missing.
...disabled, absolutely. Besides, filters are something you make coffee with.

REP63WannaB
02-23-2015, 11:13
When you start SFAS one of the first things they tell you (at least I hope they still do) is that "your SF reputation starts here". The fact that you're on this website pushes that start point up a little, as there are many Quiet Professionals both active and retire (many still with contacts in the community) who are reading your posts.

Do you really think this comment was appropriate? I certainly took it as insulting and rude. Now, I haven't kept up a lot of contacts in the community, but I'm not so sure about TR.

Good luck in your endeavors, I hope you find a pair of magic boots to fly you through selection, I for one just wore the crappy army issue boots I was given, and I hope you understand that your reputation is much more important than the boots you wear.

I assure everyone that all my post are written with nothing but respect. If you have followed them then hopefully I have made this evident.
I'm not here to do anything but be a student.
It was meant to be nothing but conversational.
I'm glad that I have gotten to be exposed to the SF community so early. Thank you for the good luck wishes.

REP

bk4242
02-23-2015, 22:08
hey bro,
Not sure if you are talking about the C4 trainers or not, but what worked for some was to have a light weight boot ( Rocky c4's etc) for rucking and a heavier boot for landnav ( I used garmonts but a lot of people like the SV2's). To each his own though. I had a stick puncture through my lightweight boots, so better to have a heavier sole when doing land nav in my opinion..