PDA

View Full Version : ISIS 'special forces' video reveals ludicrous training

Sdiver
02-19-2015, 23:44
While funny in many respects, I am reminded of NDD's quote ....

Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimal food or water, in austere conditions, training day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon and he made his web gear. He doesn't worry about what workout to do - his ruck weighs what it weighs, his runs end when the enemy stops chasing him. This True Believer is not concerned about 'how hard it is;' he knows either he wins or dies. He doesn't go home at 17:00, he is home.
He knows only The Cause.

Still want to quit?

NousDefionsDoc

Rolling around on the floor, dressing up as a bush and smashing tiles over their heads: ISIS 'special forces' video reveals ludicrous training

Footage shows next generation of fighters at terror camp in Iraq or Syria
Shows them performing clumsy roly-polies while picking up machine gun
Perform same maneouvre over a mound - leaving them open to enemy fire
Other would-be ninjas smash tiles in scenes reminiscent of Bruce Lee film

It was no doubt intended to strike fear into the hearts of their enemies, but the Islamic State's latest video appears far more playground than battleground.

ISIS today released footage from its training camps, showing recruits disguised as bushes and performing clumsy roly-polies in scenes that could come straight from hit satirical film Four Lions.

The video bears all the hallmarks of the slickly edited propaganda material regularly pumped out by the terror group's media arm to dramatic effect.

From this evidence, however, their next generation of 'special forces' are far from being a well-oiled machine.

Link with video and photos .... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2959969/Rolling-floor-dressing-bush-smashing-tiles-heads-ISIS-special-forces-video-reveals-ludicrous-training.html?utm_content=buffer8ba94&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Golf1echo
02-20-2015, 03:04
Different philosophies....

cold1
02-20-2015, 05:52
Looks like some of the youtube training vids for Tactical Airsofters. I mean "Mil sim".:D

Dean Jarvis
02-20-2015, 08:21
These guys are really in true form and do their best work when they're killing innocent unarmed civilians in a shopping mall. :munchin

tonyz
02-20-2015, 09:19
Vid aimed at recruiting teenage boys - they will get better - or if we do the right thing, maybe not.

It is going to be a long two years.

CSB
02-20-2015, 10:14
All the white trucks in a row.

From the same video.

Streck-Fu
02-20-2015, 10:56
Reminds me of what I must have looked like when 12 years old and playing around after watching Enter the Ninja or Delta Force (Chuck Norris version).

Streck-Fu
02-20-2015, 11:30
Oh lord how I would like to run across that little convoy with a company of Infantry and some Javelins. Reminds me of my hunter killer team training back in my 11B days.

CBU....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e33PtBKmjxw

Team Sergeant
02-20-2015, 11:31
Vid aimed at recruiting teenage boys - they will get better - or if we do the right thing, maybe not.

It is going to be a long two years.

Yeah, it's all relative.

We've screwed the pooch in regards to the Middle Eastern mooslems, we've passed up too many "teachable moments".

Desert Storm, we stopped after three days when we should have made an example of the Republican Guard by destroying them all. Sending a loud and clear message, we will destroy your best in minutes if your screw with the Western world.

Benghazi, another very "teachable moment" and another failure to show the mooslems what the USA is capable of in terms of sheer firepower. We could have called the embassy and told them fighters are on the way and are going to destroy everything within a mile radius of the American embassy. That would have sent a very clear message. We are to blame for the Americans deaths in that embassy, we are morons and good folks were murdered by mooslems because of our lack of will.

By not setting an example we have only emboldened the mooslems on a worldwide basis. And with the mooslem in the White House a "teachable moment" will not ever happen.

I have no doubts that the mooslems think we've done our best in every engagement and our best in their eyes is "just enough to beat them".

And this is why they continue, they are absolutely clueless as to our real power.

This "trickle down war" is just going to get many more Westerners killed/murdered in the meantime.

This will never end with the mooslems until we attack them as we did the Japanese or the Germans during WWII. The mooslems are fighting a 1300 century war and the Western world is obliging them by doing the same.

Yes we can change the way they think they just require a few examples.

tonyz
02-20-2015, 11:37
True that TS - between the application of "just enough" force and the squatter in the WH suggesting that we invite ISIS to attack...they are emboldened...which means unnecessary suffering and prolonged conflict.

JJ_BPK
02-20-2015, 11:40
Hay guys,

Cut them some slack. They are at least as tac-tit-cool as the Indian Mounted Cavalry.. :D

tonyz
02-20-2015, 11:42
^^^^ Lol, and I thought I saw the record in Cambodia - a family of 5 on a moped...and 1 small pig !!!

Team Sergeant
02-20-2015, 11:46
Hay guys,

Cut them some slack. They are at least as tac-tit-cool as the Indian Mounted Cavalry.. :D

LOL, that's the Indian "Early Warning System".

When that guy on top falls with a bullet between his eyes they know they are very close..............

Dean Jarvis
02-20-2015, 12:26
This will never end with the mooslems until we attack them as we did the Japanese or the Germans during WWII. The mooslems are fighting a 1300 century war and the Western world is obliging them by doing the same.

I'm of the belief that we can't win a war the way we have been fighting them with surgical strikes. Sure we were winning the Gulf War (Desert Storm) until Bush called a halt to it and there we were back at it again 10 years later. And you can say we had them beat again until Barry pulled everyone out and now we're looking at going back again.

In WWII we brought them to their knees and broke their will to continue fighting by carpet bombing every town, never mind the civilians. There was no such thing as collateral damage. If we are going to ever win another war we have to look at what tactics were successful.

cold1
02-20-2015, 17:38
In WWII we brought them to their knees and broke their will to continue fighting by carpet bombing every town, never mind the civilians. There was no such thing as collateral damage. If we are going to ever win another war we have to look at what tactics were successful.

No, we are much more educated and enlightened now. Only Brutes and Barbarians fight that way. We must win Hearts and Minds, because that is how civilized disputes are settled. The "Axe and Club' method of war is not how civilized societies conduct themselves.:rolleyes:

At least that is how this new warfare seems to me. It reminds me of how the US kicked Britain's ass in the revolutionary war, only we got it reversed this time round.

CSB
02-20-2015, 18:17
From a Frontline (PBS) interview conducted in 1997. The subject was the ending of the First Gulf War in a disposition that left Saddam Hussein in power, and in which the United States engaged in a negotiated ending:

NARRATOR: With victory won, the political concentration that had brought such success now seemed to desert the White House team. Washington left all the details of the ceasefire for the generals to work out alone.

Gen. CALVIN WALLER: Norm Schwarzkopf said, "How do we make this happen? What do we do?" And we had a State Department representative in our war room and he said to the State Department representative, "What is it we're supposed to do, Mr. State Department rep?" And the State Department rep gave what we call the "Iraqi salute." He didn't know.

Gen. NORMAN SCHWARZKOPF: I had no instructions whatsoever, so lacking any, and based upon the conversations Colin and I had had, I called my stenographer in and dictated my own terms of reference. And then I called up Colin and said, "I'm going to send these to you." You know, "If if you all approve, then send them back to me. This is what I'll do."

Apparently, General Norman Schwarzkopf had not learned the lessons of Fort Donaldson, TN (about 20 miles from where I type this) when General Buckner (Confederate) sent a message to Union General U.S. Grant following the fall of Fort Henry:

On the morning of February 16, Buckner sent a note to Grant requesting a truce and asking for terms of surrender. ... Grant's brusque reply became one of the most famous quotes of the war, earning him the nickname of "Unconditional Surrender":

Sir: Yours of this date proposing Armistice, and appointment of Commissioners, to settle terms of Capitulation is just received. No terms except unconditional and immediate surrender can be accepted. I propose to move immediately upon your works.
I am Sir:
Very respectfully
Your obediant servant.
U.S. Grant
Brigadier General

General Schwarzkopf apparently did not include in his "terms of reference" a reply on the order of:

TO:
His Excellency
Saddam Hussein Abd al-Majid al-Tikriti
President
Republic of Iraq

Sir:

No terms except the unconditional and immediate surrender of all armed forces under your command can be accepted.

Respectfully,
Norman Schwarzkopf
General
United States Army
Commander-in-Chief
United States Army Central Command

There might not have been a Second Gulf War.

WarriorDiplomat
02-21-2015, 10:30
I only have a cursory understanding of it, but from what I've read, heavy bombing doesn't always work, for example the Germans thought that such bombing would break the British will to fight and instead it only strengthened it. They also thought it would break the Russian will to fight and instead it only strengthened it. It is also questionable if Allied bombing broke the German will to fight and the Japanese will to fight. It took firebombing, two atomic bombs, and the Soviet Union declaring war on Japan for them to finally surrender. The Germans were done in not so much by lack of will as by running out of fuel and manpower. The Luftwaffe didn't have enough pilots to match the Allied forces once U.S. production really kicked into high gear.

In terms of bombing German industry, this from what I understand failed a good deal, because even though the buildings got destroyed, the machinery used for manufacturing everything was extremely robust and held up well to the bombings. Also the Germans divided up the production a whole lot which made knocking it out of commission even more difficult. For example, even under heavy bombing, German aircraft production increased. However when the Allied forces started bombing the German oil refining, that wasn't something they could divide up and it couldn't stand up to bombing, and without fuel the German military ground to halt. And even with all of that, had Hitler had an additional six months to further develop the V-2 rocket program Germany had, he could have stopped the D-Day invasion altogether.

Also, we don't want to be turning the whole population against us by just bombing the whole place. The U.S. had this conflict a good deal won, but then President Obama let it all fall apart.

WW2 is another discussion too deep for these paragraphs but I will remind you that the Japanese were just as radical in their beliefs.

No country has the unlimited resources to fight terrorists splinter groups that crop up every few years. The Muslim countries have played us for fools and continue to allow these groups to arise within their countries without reprisal from their own society. We have dumped enough money and played too nice trying to win the hearts and minds and help instill the will and capability to defeat this evil already. We send money and resources to fight there, their society makes money as a whole from this, we talk withdraw, liberal media shows stereo typical pictures and videos of families crying over dead loved ones, bleeding heart liberals pander and support sending money and support the whole thing is a scam.

We need to make ourselves unwelcome and their society afraid to have us occupy their homeland. We need to drop a nuclear bomb on a stronghold or a village supporting one, my money says the thought of us coming back and putting "boots on the ground" would not be as enticing to them. We talk shit about Saddam Hussein and the liberal anti Saddam/pro U.S. invasion shows made about him but when his iron hand was in charge he kept that region in check out of fear and zero tolerance.

frostfire
02-22-2015, 12:19

I just had a refresher in LOAC, which reminds me of this perspective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDT8NdyoWfI

Proportionality should be a guideline in war.

The Reaper
02-22-2015, 13:19
Proportionality should be a guideline in war.

I think Muslims are an exception to this policy.

Several centuries of evidence demonstrate that they require serious overkill to acknowledge a point.

TR

Team Sergeant
02-23-2015, 12:08
I only have a cursory understanding of it, but from what I've read, heavy bombing doesn't always work,

What I'm talking about is making sure every mooslem is affected by their decision to wage jihad against the Western world.

We need to go all out in an economic and military war against islam before it's too late.

We need to cripple them in the financial world and kill every one of them that takes up arms against the West.

Total war with no holding back until they become the nice camel herders they were of the 20th century. Interesting, while were were fighting on their soil during WWII they just stayed the hell out of our way, every last one of them. islamic cowards when it comes to total war, they will have none of it.

Javadrinker
02-23-2015, 14:01
What I'm talking about is making sure every mooslem is affected by their decision to wage jihad against the Western world.

We need to go all out in an economic and military war against islam before it's too late.

We need to cripple them in the financial world and kill every one of them that takes up arms against the West.

Total war with no holding back until they become the nice camel herders they were of the 20th century. Interesting, while were were fighting on their soil during WWII they just stayed the hell out of our way, every last one of them. islamic cowards when it comes to total war, they will have none of it.

except to pillage and steal from the dead