PDA

View Full Version : Time to Boycott NBC

Team Sergeant
02-06-2015, 11:05
Boycott NBC, just turn it off.

See how they like supporting a lying, bottom-feeding scumbag.

Boycott their sponsors too. F**king bottom feeding liberals....

Dean Jarvis
02-06-2015, 13:04
I stopped watching those alphabet channels a long time ago. Get my news from FOX. They're the only ones I trust. :munchin

MR2
02-06-2015, 13:45
Time?

Way past time!

Barbarian
02-06-2015, 14:33
Haven't watched nbc for years. This recent business confirms the decision.

Javadrinker
02-06-2015, 14:59
I haven't watched the alphabet channels news for years, mostly Fox and BBC.

Team Sergeant
02-06-2015, 15:28
I stopped watching those alphabet channels a long time ago. Get my news from FOX. They're the only ones I trust. :munchin

Ditto. Actually I don't watch any news on TV, I read it from a few sources via internet.

I do like watching animal shows on NATGO. And the Science channel is great!!!

Ret10Echo
02-06-2015, 15:37
I haven't watched the alphabet channels news for years, mostly Fox and BBC.

CBS

ABS

NBS

(Honestly) FoxBS...

Javadrinker
02-06-2015, 19:03
CBS

ABS

NBS

(Honestly) FoxBS...

I like that, and yes it is. I just can't deal with the alternatives communist new network, aljeriza(sp?), and others.
In truth I get most news from online, the tube is droning in the other room.

blacksmoke
02-06-2015, 21:40
I prefer ps.com, sofrep. CNN and Fox both have their spin, but you gotta figure anybody on TV doesn't have the interesting life of a combat vet and has to make shit up to sound cool :cool:

echoes
02-06-2015, 22:31
Went on a little experiment for health reasons three months ago...No TV in my apartment. Have been reading on my phone the news, (Local and Fox,) and PS.
com of course.

With the occasional stay at my sisters house not withstanding, it has been exhilarating!:lifter

Have been doing a lot, A LOT, of reading instead.;) Great advice TS!!!
Holly:munchin

Dusty
02-07-2015, 16:53
I haven't watched NBC since slick willie got elected; don't even watch FOX, now-I just check Breitbart a couple times a day.

The only TV that's interesting to me, anymore, is Les Feldick, Kent Hovind and westerns. Sometimed, AHC has a good show on I can DVR

We used to love Chopped, but I don't think it's been on in a while...

Paslode
02-07-2015, 18:49
I haven't watch any TV news for 5 plus years

QRQ 30
02-09-2015, 15:57
WHY? The individual's resignation has been accepted by NBC.

He knew his statement was false and HAD to know it would be found out. What an idiot.

I mostly watch local news. I get all of the biased news I can handle on the LIST.:)

QRQ 30
02-09-2015, 17:30
NBC news takes up less than four hours a day and I don't watch it. HOWEVER my favorite TV show, THE BLACK LIST is on NBC and I watch it every week. In addition my family loves THE VOICE.

PSM
02-09-2015, 20:39
WHY? The individual's resignation has been accepted by NBC.

He didn't resign, he went into hiding until the smoke clears.

Pat

Streck-Fu
02-10-2015, 06:40
As evidence that issues with ethics are systemic at NBC, many want to keep Williams:

LINK (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/398251/nbc-news-execs-divided-brian-williamss-fate-eliana-johnson)

NBC News’s senior executives are deeply divided about the fate of Brian Williams, the Nightly News anchor currently on leave for telling tall tales about his time in Iraq and, potentially, in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina.

At a meeting over the weekend at the New York City home of NBC Universal CEO Steve Burke, network executives huddled to decide Williams’s fate, but they emerged with little agreement on a path forward. The division is reflective of the broader disarray within NBC News.

With respect to Williams, one camp believes that, in the words of a source with knowledge of the situation, “Brian is cooked. Done. Has lost his credibility as an anchor and must go. The only question is who goes down with him.”

The members of this camp have drawn out two potential succession plans, one in which Lester Holt steps into the anchor spot full-time — Holt is subbing for Williams while the latter is on leave — and the other in which Williams’s predecessor, Tom Brokaw, steps in on an interim basis until Today show host Matt Lauer can assume the position. Both pose risks: the former because Holt rates poorly and there is little hope that he could put up the ratings numbers that have made NBC’s Nightly News the top-rated newscast, the latter because yanking Lauer from the Today show, a big money maker for the network, threatens its success at a time when it has already faced enormous challenges after falling behind Good Morning America in the wake of Ann Curry’s controversial departure.

The other camp, led by NBC News president Deborah Turness and her boss, Pat Fili-Krushel, the chairwoman of the NBC Universal news group, wants to bring Williams back to Rock Center and return him to the anchor desk. They are, in the words of the insider, “desperate to save their jobs and can’t let the Nightly News go to No. 2″ in the ratings. In an ominous report on Friday titled “The Decline and Fall of NBC News,” Politico’s Dylan Byers wrote that that knives are out for Fili-Krushel, who has overseen the decline of NBC News and who hired Turness a year into her tenure as chief of the news group. So, with Today and Meet the Press ousted from their positions atop the ratings, Fili-Krushel and Turness are determined to preserve Williams and, by extension, NBC’s last big No. 1 show.

miclo18d
02-10-2015, 18:06
As evidence that issues with ethics are systemic at NBC, many want to keep Williams:

LINK (http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/398251/nbc-news-execs-divided-brian-williamss-fate-eliana-johnson)

NBC News’s senior executives are deeply divided about the fate of Brian Williams, the Nightly News anchor currently on leave for telling tall tales about his time in Iraq and, potentially, in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina.

At a meeting over the weekend at the New York City home of NBC Universal CEO Steve Burke, network executives huddled to decide Williams’s fate, but they emerged with little agreement on a path forward. The division is reflective of the broader disarray within NBC News.

With respect to Williams, one camp believes that, in the words of a source with knowledge of the situation, “Brian is cooked. Done. Has lost his credibility as an anchor and must go. The only question is who goes down with him.”

The members of this camp have drawn out two potential succession plans, one in which Lester Holt steps into the anchor spot full-time — Holt is subbing for Williams while the latter is on leave — and the other in which Williams’s predecessor, Tom Brokaw, steps in on an interim basis until Today show host Matt Lauer can assume the position. Both pose risks: the former because Holt rates poorly and there is little hope that he could put up the ratings numbers that have made NBC’s Nightly News the top-rated newscast, the latter because yanking Lauer from the Today show, a big money maker for the network, threatens its success at a time when it has already faced enormous challenges after falling behind Good Morning America in the wake of Ann Curry’s controversial departure.

The other camp, led by NBC News president Deborah Turness and her boss, Pat Fili-Krushel, the chairwoman of the NBC Universal news group, wants to bring Williams back to Rock Center and return him to the anchor desk. They are, in the words of the insider, “desperate to save their jobs and can’t let the Nightly News go to No. 2″ in the ratings. In an ominous report on Friday titled “The Decline and Fall of NBC News,” Politico’s Dylan Byers wrote that that knives are out for Fili-Krushel, who has overseen the decline of NBC News and who hired Turness a year into her tenure as chief of the news group. So, with Today and Meet the Press ousted from their positions atop the ratings, Fili-Krushel and Turness are determined to preserve Williams and, by extension, NBC’s last big No. 1 show.

I think the saddest part is in the two camps, they are worried about ratings and money or their jobs (money). Not bringing integrity and honesty back to the news. Just sponsors and saving their own skins.

And they wonder why ratings are still going down.

tom kelly
02-10-2015, 19:58
Boycott NBC, just turn it off.

See how they like supporting a lying, bottom-feeding scumbag.

Boycott their sponsors too. F**king bottom feeding liberals....

THEY, The scum you speak of are destroying OUR country, Something has to be done to stop this bullshit & REAL SOON......Tom Kelly