PDA

View Full Version : Suppressor/Scope Recomendations

MR2
02-03-2015, 09:47
I'm a lucky dog. My employer is a full FFL and will sell us anything they can get for 1-2% over cost. This includes NFA items, but not active LE/Military restricted items.

Time to accelerate the suppressor/scope plan. I have a Trust.

Looking for recommendations (1st/2d choice) for the following:
Like the idea of user cleaning and multi use suppressors/attachments.
db reduction would get the greatest priority.

Threaded barrel and suppressor for Springfield XDm 5.25" in .45
Threaded barrel and suppressor for Springfield XDm 5.25" in 9mm
Threaded barrel and suppressor for Glock 17 (upgraded Gen1) 4.25" in 9mm
Suppressor for AR15 Pistol 9" in 300BLK
Suppressor for Ruger SR22 3.25" in .22LR
Threaded stainless barrel and suppressor for Ruger 10/22 18.25: in .22LR
Suppressor for AR15 18" Wylde in .223/5.56
Suppressor for AR15 16" in 300BLK
Suppressor for AR10 18" in .308
Suppressor for AR10 24" in .308
Suppressor for HH6 (this would be a great place to use the 'strikethough' feature if we had it)

Settled on a Nightforce BEAST or ATAC for the 24" .308

Soliciting recommendations for a scope for the AR15 18" Wylde in .223/5.56 and AR10 18" .308. Something that will give prairie dogs a headache out to 600M.
A scope for the Ruger 10/22 18" .22LR for the less intelligent prairie dogs
A low profile lightweight sighting/lighting solution for the AR15 Pistol 9" in 300BLK
And a 3-gun like red dot/aim point thingy for urban/woodland tactical for the AR15 16" 300BLK

A good carry/use sling for each AR15 Pistol and the AR15 Carbine.

Thoughts always appreciated.

therunningwolf
02-03-2015, 12:38
MR2,

These suggestions are coming from a police/ guy that just likes to train a lot perspective. I have a 16" BCM in 5.56, on it I'm running a Griffin Armament M4SD II, I got this out of jail several months back and am loving it so far, easy to attach and detach and keeps the sound down to around that of a .22, the biggest benefit besides the obvious noise reduction is I can switch it between any rifle with a A2 flash suppressor, not an issue with personal rifles as you can mod them, but when you start dealing with department issue rifles it comes in handy. I believe Griffin makes some .22 and .30 cal suppressors as well, the suppressor I have is good quality and I haven't noticed any real POA POI shift out to 250 with it.

For a sling I use the Blue Force Gear padded VCAS with the swivel mounts, it works great for me, the padding is comfortable over long distances and I can adjust the length of the sling to give me more slack quick and easy without having any excess hanging off catching on door handles or the guy next to you being yanked around by his holster. I used the sling in a 5 day Tyr Group course and it held up good and was comfortable over long distances for me.

As far as long distances I can't really make a recommendation as I don't shoot much distance. In my line of work 100 yards is about as far out as we will engage and while I do practice out to 200-250 I generally focus on work inside of 50-75 yards (the length of our longest halls in the schools in our AO) with un-magnified optics. For un-magnified I recommend Aimpoint all the way, the T-1 is awesome but for the money you can't beat the Aimpoint PRO, it will cost ya around $400 but comes with a decent mount which is way cheaper then the T-1 without a mount.

For the threaded barrel for the G17, I've only heard good things about Lone Wolf Distributors, and ADCO, they might be able to help you in that department.

Hope this info helps, if your around my AO feel free to PM me and we'll work out a day to let you give the supressor and sling a test drive, see if you like them or not, always better to try before you buy with NFA items.

Loadsmasher
02-03-2015, 14:52
I'm a lucky dog. My employer is a full FFL and will sell us anything they can get for 1-2% over cost. This includes NFA items, but not active LE/Military restricted items.

Y'all hiring? I make a mean pot of coffee and I work cheap. No pay, just the discount.:D

Barbarian
02-03-2015, 15:32
I have an Aimpoint T2 micro on my 16" carbine. It uses 2032 batteries. Only had it a couple months, so all I can say for certain, is that target acquisition is fast, and the optic is easy to setup. Larue QD mount is a must. So far, so good.

I use a 2 point, non-padded Blue Force VCAS sling. It digs after a while, but they all do.

MR2
02-03-2015, 16:04
Y'all hiring? I make a mean pot of coffee and I work cheap. No pay, just the discount.:D

Current openings at NAGR (http://www.nationalgunrights.org/resources/careers).

SF0
02-04-2015, 22:33
I use an AAC M4-2000 Mod 8 on an 11.5" 5.56 AR. Outdoors with Federal XM193, it doesn't require any earpro. To my ears, it isn't much louder than smacking something sharply with a hammer.

MR2
02-20-2015, 18:11
Waiting on BATF... and MFG's...

Any recommendations for a scope on a Ruger 10/22 w 1in16 .22LR 12" barrel (plus 4" shroud)?

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/x-ring-sb-x-barrel

Thanks.

JJ_BPK
03-02-2015, 12:32
Waiting on BATF... and MFG's...

Any recommendations for a scope on a Ruger 10/22 w 1in16 .22LR 12" barrel (plus 4" shroud)?

http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series/x-ring-sb-x-barrel

Thanks.

Looks like you're going lite,, so I'd go with a T1 or similar small dot..

Curious as to the barrel?? Are you going for the SBR later? Might be easier to get a Charger, pre-threaded or the Charger Takedown..

This is where I'm headed. SBR Form 1 and a stock.. I am currently finishing up the trust, then a Silencerco Sparrow will be the first purchase for my Ruger 22/45 Lite and my 10/22.

The 22/45 Lite with Sparrow, not mine. I have my dot in the rear sight slot, no iron sights.

MR2
03-03-2015, 00:05
I picked the SilencerCo Sparrow for both my Ruger SR22 and the 10/22. Getting a X-Ring barrel 12" + 4" shroud. Sparrow is good enough for the 3.5" pistol barrel and will be more than good enough for the 12" barrel. Getting a Hogue stock and a Volquartsen HP Action kit. Putting a Leupold VX-1 Rimfire 2-7x28mm on top. Still need to find a good 1" mount. I expect 100m performance with .22LR using the 10/22. For the pistol, I may have to adjust fire, shift...

The rabbits better go south for the Winter...

The Reaper
03-03-2015, 12:07
I love the Sparrow. Especially with the .22/45 Lite pistol.

The Sparrows are the only used .22LR cans you will see without bunged up end caps from trying to remove them for cleaning.

.22 is a very dirty round and gums up everything but the Sparrow, because of the clam shell design.

TR

DJ Urbanovsky
04-02-2015, 19:56
Check out Thunder Beast Arms. They have some nice offerings in both .223 and .30 cal. Handled a bunch of them at Sniper Comp, and was very impressed. And Ray is a great guy.

Boomer-61
04-17-2015, 12:11
I have had very good luck with my SWFA scope in a fixed 10. I really like the reticle pattern and most of their scopes are FFP. They make a 3x15 that may be a good match for your varmint/308 rifle. http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-15x42-Tactical-Rifle-Scope-P62238.aspx The prices are reasonable and so far their customer service has been good. As for a dot sight, I have two Aimpoint T1's, one with 4 MOA dot and the other with a 2 MOA dot. I prefer the 2 MOA dot now that I've had it for a couple months. Both are very rugged and with a 50,000 hour battery life it's hard to beat. That's a lot of hardware to outfit.

The Reaper
04-17-2015, 13:49
I have had very good luck with my SWFA scope in a fixed 10. I really like the reticle pattern and most of their scopes are FFP. They make a 3x15 that may be a good match for your varmint/308 rifle. http://swfa.com/SWFA-SS-3-15x42-Tactical-Rifle-Scope-P62238.aspx The prices are reasonable and so far their customer service has been good. As for a dot sight, I have two Aimpoint T1's, one with 4 MOA dot and the other with a 2 MOA dot. I prefer the 2 MOA dot now that I've had it for a couple months. Both are very rugged and with a 50,000 hour battery life it's hard to beat. That's a lot of hardware to outfit.

I found the glass in my SWFA SS 10x to be seriously deficient.

Maybe they have changed something.

TR

Boomer-61
04-19-2015, 13:58
TR, Sir, thank you for your words of caution. The SWFA scopes of the pre 2000 era had issues with quality control as Tasco, who later sold the SS scope line to Bushnell, was having financial issues. It is my understanding that SWFA now has exclusive rights to the SS line of scopes and quality control is back up to their spec. The SS 10X I have has been mounted on both an M1A and Rem 700 (308) for three years and has had no issues at all. It has never failed to hold a zero and it still indexes crisply and accurately. SWFA also makes an HD model with a higher quality of glass that may be better suited for longer range higher discernment shooting. For the money I've found the SWFA SS 10X scope to be very adequate.