PDA

View Full Version : Many researchers taking a different view of pedophilia

Paslode
02-02-2015, 08:23
Over the past several years there have been a wide array of topics on DADT, Gay Marriage, Transgenders, the DSM and the normalization of perversions.

http://professionalsoldiers.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3677227

And one consistent theme is they will never legalize or normalize pedophilia like they have the other former perversions.......

Many researchers taking a different view of pedophilia
Pedophilia once was thought to stem from psychological influences early in life. Now, many experts view it as a deep-rooted predisposition that does not change.

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/jan/14/local/la-me-pedophiles-20130115

Looks like the NAMBLA lobby is making inroads into normalcy and victim status.

Box
02-02-2015, 09:52
"IT can never happen in the USA..."
"...we're too well informed"

The problem is, we are also too stupid as a nation to accept that Overtons window is real.

tonyz
02-02-2015, 11:13
Pedophelia = abomination

Research that "many researchers..."

craigepo
02-03-2015, 08:30
There is a good reason these people are put on lifetime supervision when convicted.

sg1987
02-03-2015, 12:42
One irony I do not get is why conservatives and liberals view homosexuality and pedophilia in an inverse fashion. Conservatives will argue that homosexuality is a choice, implying that the person can be changed, and then also argue that pedophilia is not a choice, that that is how the person was born. But then the liberal (or some liberals anyway) does the precise opposite, they argue that homosexuality is a natural inclination and that pedophilia is something that can be fixed through therapy. IMO, I think they are both natural inclinations, the difference though is that with pedophilia, the person is harming a child, so they have to live with their urges and avoid acting on them.

I do believe that there can be good pedophiles in the sense of people who are morally good, but who just for whatever reason are sexually attracted to children. However, they have to avoid ever acting on the urges.

I would take issue that all of these are "perversions." I believe that some people are just born with something wired differently. I also see nothing wrong with the normalization of such behaviors so long as they are not harming anybody else.

Oh I believe that in some liberal areas they will most definitely try to either legalize it or give lightweight punishments to such people. But pedophilia is different from transgenders, homosexuals, etc...in that it is not adults, it involves children, which is a whole different ballgame.

YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!:munchin

Paslode
02-03-2015, 18:12
One irony I do not get is why conservatives and liberals view homosexuality and pedophilia in an inverse fashion. Conservatives will argue that homosexuality is a choice, implying that the person can be changed, and then also argue that pedophilia is not a choice, that that is how the person was born. But then the liberal (or some liberals anyway) does the precise opposite, they argue that homosexuality is a natural inclination and that pedophilia is something that can be fixed through therapy. IMO, I think they are both natural inclinations, the difference though is that with pedophilia, the person is harming a child, so they have to live with their urges and avoid acting on them.

I do believe that there can be good pedophiles in the sense of people who are morally good, but who just for whatever reason are sexually attracted to children. However, they have to avoid ever acting on the urges.

I would take issue that all of these are "perversions." I believe that some people are just born with something wired differently. I also see nothing wrong with the normalization of such behaviors so long as they are not harming anybody else.

Oh I believe that in some liberal areas they will most definitely try to either legalize it or give lightweight punishments to such people. But pedophilia is different from transgenders, homosexuals, etc...in that it is not adults, it involves children, which is a whole different ballgame.

If you go way, way back you will a reference to the Trojan Couch, it was something NMAP brought up, which essentially was that pervert academics banded together to normalize Homosexuality and that would be used as a Trojan Horse to normalize other perversions.

One more point....

Chuck Manson, Jeffrey Dalmer, John Wayne Gasey, Pol Pot and Hitler were all just born with something and wired a bit differently....

blacksmoke
02-03-2015, 18:26
Lobotomy for first offense.

tonyz
02-03-2015, 18:36
Lobotomy for first offense.

One way to put a dent in recidivism.

Requiem
02-03-2015, 19:33

A friend of ours was just sentenced to 25 years for acting on his urges. He's 50, so the sentence is basically a life sentence. The judge, in fact, told him that at his age he was considered set in his predilections and that rehab was not likely. Thus the long sentence.

It's been eight months since he was caught. I'm still trying to reconcile the morally good man I know with the monster others have labeled him. I don't think I ever will.

Susan

echoes
02-03-2015, 19:48
I delt with these animals in prison and can tell you I have always believed there was something wrong with them from birth and that will NEVER change no matter what liberal therapy you make them go through. It is not normal to be attracted to a child its not like anyone ever had to tell me it's wrong it is just not normal. They are like rabid dogs and need to be put down.

Concur 100%!!! And we should feed their remains to the pigs.

Holly:mad:

WarriorDiplomat
02-03-2015, 19:52
A friend of ours was just sentenced to 25 years for acting on his urges. He's 50, so the sentence is basically a life sentence. The judge, in fact, told him that at his age he was considered set in his predilections and that rehab was not likely. Thus the long sentence.

It's been eight months since he was caught. I'm still trying to reconcile the morally good man I know with the monster others have labeled him. I don't think I ever will.

Susan

To be caught at 50 and be able to hide this side for so long makes you wonder how many other things someone like that was able to deceive his friends about. How do we keep our children and society safe from those who would act on those urges at the costs of a child with a still developing brain while concealing the action.?

Joker
02-03-2015, 19:52

Susan

I do not know this man, but I am sorry to tell you that he is NOT a morally good man. How would you feel/think if he did this to your child (God forbid)?

Sohei
02-03-2015, 19:58
I have been investigating and arresting them for 26 years. From 16 to 84 years of age. They have every level of education and come from every type of employment...lawyers, plumbers, doctors, coaches, teachers, law enforcement officers.

To society...they were perceived as everyday, ordinary, and in many instances...outstanding citizens, BUT, what they did behind closed doors was known only to them and their victims...no one ever new but them. There is nothing honorable or moral about them.

WarriorDiplomat
02-03-2015, 20:16

I am not sure how to take what you wrote above, the fact that one sees a child as a sexual object is in its self immoral. Understanding the brain development of young adults is not complete in their teens when it comes to impulse control and decision making makes me sick that their are adults who take advantage of this.

So how does a free country allow such open perversion and allow the pedophile the rights of other free men like having children, adoption etc...

No doubt liberals generally save their compassion for those poor misunderstood people such as those who practice pedophilia and bestiality but seem to blame the children and the parents for the child enticing the poor pedophile.

If there is real scientific evidence that Pedophilia is a uncontrollable physical and Psychological response then it is clear these people should be shot. Children are innocents and protecting them is priority.

tonyz
02-03-2015, 21:05
Children are innocents and protecting them is priority.

This.

There are just some lines that cannot be crossed - we are a better society when we recognize true evil and treat it accordingly. There is no amount of PC spin that could excuse the type of behavior being discussed.

Treat evil as the evil it is - but it must not be tolerated and certainly not allowed to proliferate - especially when innocents are involved.

Sigaba
02-03-2015, 22:30
If there is real scientific evidence that Pedophilia is a uncontrollable physical and Psychological response then it is clear these people should be shot. Children are innocents and protecting them is priority.Science should trump the Bill of Rights ?

frostfire
02-03-2015, 22:49
I have been investigating and arresting them for 26 years. From 16 to 84 years of age. They have every level of education and come from every type of employment...lawyers, plumbers, doctors, coaches, teachers, law enforcement officers.

To society...they were perceived as everyday, ordinary, and in many instances...outstanding citizens, BUT, what they did behind closed doors was known only to them and their victims...no one ever new but them. There is nothing honorable or moral about them.

this is 100% spot on.

I am on the opposite end of you, that is I work with the victims as the SAMFE. I've read reports on foster parent, step dad, coach, baby sitter, mom's co worker, and so on. You never see anyone the same again afterwards. I compartmentalize well and block much of the memory....until court session, that is. There are days I wish I work on your end

Requiem
02-03-2015, 23:51
I do not know this man, but I am sorry to tell you that he is NOT a morally good man. How would you feel/think if he did this to your child (God forbid)?

I know he's not the good person we thought he was and I believe he's where he needs to be.

Agree.

The man I mentioned was an outstanding citizen, university professor, church leader, foster parent. He'd been through all the training, knew all the laws, had no excuses for what he did. It makes it worse, frankly.

We just shake our heads and wonder WHY? I don't think a normal human being could ever understand where those urges come from or why a person would act on them.

Susan

Requiem
02-04-2015, 00:04
Everyone thinks they are creepy old men. Far from the truth, they are usually very likeable and easy to get along with. That is how they act, remember they are master manipulators that is how they convince children to do what they do and gain the trust of parents, children and neighbors. According to the bible the devil was the most beautiful angle, intelligent and charming. Never forget that these animals are like that.

True. He is not a creepy old guy, though at his sentencing he was certainly a lot smaller, grayer, and pitifully older. He'd lost whatever vitality he had in him. I just wanted to ask him, was it worth it? You've lost everything. You've ruined someone's innocence. What could be worth that?

S.

BoomerUSMC
02-04-2015, 08:57
One more point....

Chuck Manson, Jeffrey Dalmer, John Wayne Gasey, Pol Pot and Hitler were all just born with something and wired a bit differently....

You can't compare homosexuals with mass murderers. I am myself of the belief that homosexuality is something people are born into. As such, I see nothing wrong with normalizing it as it harms nobody.

I don't mean to speak for Paslode but his point was not a comparison. Using the phrase "they're just wired differently" sounds a lot like "that's just Manny being Manny". Manny's behavior was still that of an asshat.

We are all wired differently and we all have free will. Typically, as an individual, we will alter our behavior based on the rules and laws of society so that we are accepted into that society.

These days it seems that some want to force society to change their rules and laws and to force everyone to accept their deviant behavior as being normal. We're a nation of snowflakes.

WarriorDiplomat
02-04-2015, 09:36
Me too. But what if you have a decent guy who just for whatever reason finds himself sexually attracted to children? And this creates him a great deal of mental angst. He would never do anything to a child. Does this mean he is evil?

Anyone practicing pedophilia is not misunderstood IMO. Having the urge is one thing, acting on the urge and harming children is taking it to a totally different level.

It was SARCASM

What do you mean by uncontrollable? You mean uncontrollable in terms of the urge or in terms of acting on the urge? Also, what about their rights? If they don't commit a crime, then we can't have a society that just punishes.

I mean as in "wired different" uncontrollable as in nature has given them the perception to see children in a sexual light. Anyone who sees a child by choice or through biological "wiring" as sexual is a danger to the child, their future friends etc....

Those who never act on such thoughts are called law abiding citizens and there is no reason to hear about their desires. We cannot be confused with society as it moves towards exploitation of children as acceptable for money and fame. Dressing young children in sexual ways, making a 6 yr old girls makeup look like a centerfold or prostitute and taking pictures of provocative poses does not make the thoughts of sexuality involving them as OK.

BoomerUSMC
02-04-2015, 09:47
What makes things like homosexuality deviant? IMO, it really is nobody's business how a person is unless it harms others.

That is certainly true enough and I have no issues with that way of thinking (it's the Libertarianism in me). My objection lies with the fact that those who endorse and partake of this behavior are forcing me to accept that behavior as normal. If I don't agree or like it then I must shut up and deal with it because my way of thinking is wrong.

Based on my faith, I actually do think this behavior is deviant and immoral although I don't go around proselytizing to gays and lesbians that they must change their behavior. IMHO - do what you gotta do but don't force me to accept it as normal.

It's nobody's business unless it harms others is correct, but that should work both ways. According to LGBT groups my opinion is wrong and must be stamped out, this is contrary to your statement. So it's live and let live unless you don't agree with us. Liberalism in a nutshell.

Pedophilia, however.....that's a whole other level of wrong.

Sigaba
02-04-2015, 11:13
From a Darwin point of view they take up resources ie food etc but do not contribute to the furthering of the species. Remember to people of the same sex can not have kids. .By the logic of your argument, anyone who does not want to have kids or cannot have kids is a drag on the human species. Your POV disregards the fact that people can make contributions to society without having kids and that these contributions help parents to raise children.

And people who cannot have kids can adopt children who might otherwise be aborted.

Sigaba
02-04-2015, 17:37
Edited

Airbornelawyer
02-04-2015, 17:49
Sigaba, please rephrase your question in a way that shows a genuine interest in reasoned argument and conversation, that is, if you are genuinely interested in such. If there is a premise or conclusion with which you disagree, please state (or quote) it, present your reason for disagreeing, and ask the person whose argument you are challenging to defend such position.

WarriorDiplomat
02-04-2015, 19:42
Science should trump the Bill of Right?

This question reads sarcastic and condescending but allow a commoner like myself to respond.

Are you suggesting that the bill of rights included a pedophiles freedom and inalienable rights as well?? A liberal might even suggest that these people also have a right for their own pursuit of happiness and according to the research and NAMBLA this may include innocent children.

The comment was aimed at the alleged research presented that suggests that people are born with a predatory desire aimed at children. This suggests the liberal type of reasoning that the choices made by a chester are not really their fault.

The Burden of being free within a society is protecting those who do not have the ability to protect themselves so that a child's right to feel safe and protected is kept sacred.

Finally if their was scientific proof that a person lacks choice due to his "wiring" the suggestion not only shrugs responsibility of deviant behavior but supports that we as a society must take action to protect the innocent.

For clarity we are talking about someone who would act on this behavior.

And for further clarity I firmly believe that someone who sees a child as a sexual object is sick and a deviant.

WarriorDiplomat
02-04-2015, 20:15
I agree, but the problem is that people's rights still have to be protected unless/until they commit a crime. It's like when gun control people say that all mass shooters are law-abiding citizens until they go on their killing spree. It doesn't justify the banning of arms.

People do have rights deviants have rights until they act the problem is a deviant is not one until they prove they have the capacity. The research suggests a lack of personal responsibility. This argument that Pedophiles are "wired" different and therefore may not be responsible for their thoughts, attractions is naive. A grown man who looks at a 6 yr old child and gets an erection and fantasizes about sexual interaction and the like that makes me wonder how someone with these thoughts could be moral?!?! Ever think that someone "wired" like this cannot understand why we don't see children the way they do??

Richard
02-05-2015, 08:20
That is not my argument that is Darwin's argument. I believe in God. According to Darwin we should not have welfare etc because only the strong and smart survive and we should let the others starve to death and die of disease. One more hypocritical element to liberal logic.

That's not Darwin's argument - that's the argument of the so-called 'Social Darwinist' movement, and especially that of the late 20th Century views of those who agree with the theories historian Richard Hofstadter put forth in the mid-1940's combined with those of 19th Century sociologist Herbert Spencer (who coined the phrase 'survival of the fittest') .

And so it goes...

Richard

Richard
02-05-2015, 09:40
Actually it is Darwins theory taken to its final and logical conclusion.

I think you have some more reading to do on the topic (Darwinism vs Social Darwinism), its convoluted history, and its perceived congruence among popular culture.

Gutes lesen.

Richard

NurseTim
02-05-2015, 22:31
Is this part of the plan to trivialize pedophiles?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tG-AwQAvbRo

Box
02-05-2015, 22:47
...how can you expect our culture to "judge" pedophiles when we have decided that there is no judge-able morality

All sex is rape
All marriage is normal
All genders are equal
Violent religious extremists must be understood
Patriots cannot be understood
Drugs should be legalized, large sugary drinks should be regulated

...why are we going to single out pedophiles what did they do that's so bad?

Paslode
02-07-2015, 09:54

Susan

Had a relative who was finally caught in his mid to late 80's after many decades of molesting young girls inside and outside the family. He died in prison. Many had the same issue with reconciliation as you.

Paslode
02-07-2015, 18:47
Have you worked with all of the types of them, or just the ones who got caught, i.e. were acting on their urges, and thus were doing evil? There could be ones that live silently and never harm anyone. The ones caught are the evil and manipulative ones.

Dude, these MFers are one wire shy from being the next John Wayne Gasey.