PDA

View Full Version : Combat Dive Prep

jsmitty11
01-28-2015, 00:53
I was reading around and came across a thread inquiring how to prepare for the Combat Diver Course. Posted where I shouldnt have. Anyway, here are some resources that can seriously help you out.

Youtube. Great resource with a great PJ cadre givin you tips. Mike Maroney is the username. Total Immersion is also a good resource for surface swimming. Never use restraints while you're training and always have a buddy who knows how to pull you out of the deep end. Hypoxic training can't be taken lightly. Few things to search: Egg Beat kick, keyhole stroke, 10 ups, Combat Side Stroke, bobbing, flooded mask. You'll be able to bounce around the common videos and get tons of information from other people trying to not drown and people who have succesfully not drown and graduated indoc. To my knowledge, PJ indoc has prescuba built into their selection type smoke sessions for the beginning of their pipeline

Pete
01-28-2015, 04:13
Smitty, your post count is showing "2", neither is an intro.....

JJ_BPK
01-28-2015, 04:16
You also missed the email that requested that you post an intro, along with a well rounded profile.

Complete the intro post, read and search, and refrain from posting for a while..

The Reaper
01-28-2015, 10:58
I would respectfully submit that if you have not successfully completed CDQC, and are limited to watching YouTube videos, you should refrain from starting threads with your web-based advice.

Many of the members here ARE actual CDQC grads and are much better qualified to provide feedback than you are.

Good luck and don't forget the intro.

TR

jsmitty11
01-28-2015, 20:01
Yep, my bad on all accounts. I understand why ya'll have the rules you do. Won't happen again.

Didn't mean to disrespect or step on the toes of anybody who have graduated combat dive. Posted in the at ease forum based on a snippet of personal experience trying to help some guys out who have never had experience with water confidence. After reading my post again, I realize how it could look I was comin off as a know it all. Will stay in my lane for the remainder of my stay. Thanks

stfesta
01-29-2015, 18:59
I can't be of service....I only know what it's like to start Scuba school.