PDA

View Full Version : Working in Middle East

frostfire
01-26-2015, 22:57
hello,

anyone here has worked in Middle East as contractor? Any personal insight to share?

I am given opportunity to work in healthcare or engineering sector in Qatar, Dhubai, UAE.
Recruiter boasts on the moderation of said places. I'd live in a compound with everything in it. Apartment, uniform, etc. provided with paid vacation to the US.
I understand I will give up my 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, well...pretty much all amendment rights + alcohol + competitive marksmanship, but in return, I get tax free $$$, cultural immersion, ehancement in Arabic skills, and resume booster for certain organizations......

Guy
01-27-2015, 02:41
hello,

anyone here has worked in Middle East as contractor? Any personal insight to share?

I am given opportunity to work in healthcare or engineering sector in Qatar, Dubai, UAE.
Recruiter boasts on the moderation of said places. I'd live in a compound with everything in it. Apartment, uniform, etc. provided with paid vacation to the US.
I understand I will give up my 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, well...pretty much all amendment rights + alcohol + competitive marksmanship, but in return, I get tax free $$$, cultural immersion, ehancement in Arabic skills, and resume booster for certain organizations......Take it...you'll be fine and educated...;)

MtnGoat
01-27-2015, 09:31
Dubai, UAE is a great place to live. Take it.

Just not in Saudi if it isn't apart of the US Government. Anything private in Saudi is not safe IMO. See it to often with guys and their families.