PDA

View Full Version : North Korea's Helix Magazine??

JJ_BPK
01-26-2015, 04:50
New/Old News: North Korea has a Helical style mag for their Type 88 rifle??

Has anyone any experience with this magazine?

Several new developments in North Korean armaments can be witnessed amongst the recent flow of propaganda released by Pyongyang after Kim Jong-un’s ascension to power. One such development is what appears to be a new magazine model for the North Korean copy of the AK-74, the Type 88. This new magazine uses a staggered helix design, which allows for a high number of 5.45 x 39 mm cartridges to be carried without the notable increases in size and unwieldiness that characterise many other high capacity magazines.

http://www.armamentresearch.com/north-korean-helical-ak-magazines/

That mag has got to be a PITA to use.

The text say it may weights in at 2KG or 4.5 lbs empty. Add 100-150 rounds and it will be closer to 10lbs. The round shape with no grip area will make it very cumbersome to mount to your shoulder..

I have one of their 40rd banana mags, I picked up in a trade. It is useless. The lowest to the ground you can get is sitting. It sticks down like a big dildo, girls like it, but don't want to try it. I think that is the same case here?

Looking at the pics on line,, It may be a mag for a shorter pistol round, adapted to the AK action??

Box
01-26-2015, 07:22
Function isn't a big concern with folks like Dear Leader. Does the weapon look imposing? Does it carry the appearance that NK has made great strides in the development of advanced weaponry?

...is it possible that that big assed magazine doesn't have more than 10 or 15 rounds in it?