PDA

View Full Version : Does this sum it up?

Roguish Lawyer
12-29-2014, 11:29
We have a "non-combat mission in a combat environment." :rolleyes:

http://www.stripes.com/news/middle-east/in-afghanistan-an-ill-defined-end-of-an-era-for-nato-1.321322

sinjefe
12-29-2014, 12:33
Yeah, it sums up what a bunch of tools military leaders are. What kind of gobbledygook is that?

The Reaper
12-29-2014, 12:53
Yeah, it sums up what a bunch of tools military leaders are. What kind of gobbledygook is that?

IMHO, its what you hear when your leadership, from the Commander in Chief all the way down to the General Officers, says something that they know isn't true for political reasons, and really doesn't overly care what the impact is on the poor Joes on the ground.

Basically, its MSU. Making Shit Up.

TR

Pete
12-29-2014, 12:56
So does this mean they don't need live ammo?

MtnGoat
12-29-2014, 13:05
SO I wonder under this admiration will deployed service members be getting purple hearts, and Combat Medals (Valor)? I know Combat pay will continue, but the "Other" things. You know, to show that we are not engaged in Combat activities currently in AFG.

ddoering
12-29-2014, 15:35
I wonder if the Taliban held a similar ceremony.....

The Reaper
12-29-2014, 15:54
I wonder if the Taliban held a similar ceremony.....

No, they had a victory parade. :rolleyes:

TR

PatrickS
12-29-2014, 16:20
It appears the enemy didn't get the memo. Or they simply overlooked the "non-combat" part.

"We cannot be fooled by transition of ISAF missions or by changing the name of NATO missions. Our courageous nation shall continue its Jihad and struggle so long as a single foreigner remains in Afghanistan in a military uniform and the remaining enemy plots like the former will be also pushed to the edge of defeat and disappointment, Allah willing."

Source: http://www.shahamat-english.com/index.php/paighamoona/51748-statement-of-islamic-emirate-regarding-the-end-of-the-failed-isaf-mission-in-afghanistan

Box
12-29-2014, 23:57
...so

Can conservatives treat 0bamas end to wars in OIF/OEF the same way liberals treated Dubya's "mission complete" or should we expect the standard political hypocrisy?