PDA

View Full Version : Vets and the KKK

NF_NYC
12-27-2014, 16:29
Vice just released a 23-minute video on "How the KKK Preys on American Veterans" and I was not aware this issue existed.
My first thought was Vice is just spinning this but then I saw the video.
Anyone heard of vets getting into this KKK crap? How big of a problem is this?

http://youtu.be/iLq-73tP8hE

Pete
12-27-2014, 16:51
For the total number of vets out there you can find some in limited numbers involved in just about every organization out there - legal or illegal.

The vast majority of vets get out and become - wait for it - normal people with everyday jobs.

mojaveman
12-27-2014, 17:34
Wasn't the Ku Klux Klan originally an organization for Confederate Veterans of the Civil War before their ideology changed and it was labeled a terrorist organization by the government?

atticus finch
12-28-2014, 09:14
Wasn't the Ku Klux Klan originally an organization for Confederate Veterans of the Civil War before their ideology changed and it was labeled a terrorist organization by the government?

No, it was started by Nathan Forrest as an organization to help right the legalized injustices of the reconstruction period post civil-war. This being righting the injustices perpetrated under the 'reconstruction' period regardless of the victims ethnic identity. And thier methods were not limited in thier means to put right to the wrongs, or to convince those who were perpetrating the wrongs under the law to stop.
As time went by the organization did become perverted into an organization for bigotry, hence Forrest disbanded it. It was restarted again without his consent or agreement under the ideology which it had degenerated into.

Box
12-28-2014, 10:48
there are just as many getting courted by the black panthers, neo-nazis's, outlaw biker gangs, radical islamic groups, LGBT groups, and the Justin Bieber fan club

to act like it is some secret national scandal is just silly IMHO

PRB
12-28-2014, 11:01
Damn Billy...do I have to quit the Justin Bieber fan club now...just damn

Sigaba
12-28-2014, 20:41
No, it was started by Nathan Forrest as an organization to help right the legalized injustices of the reconstruction period post civil-war. This being righting the injustices perpetrated under the 'reconstruction' period regardless of the victims ethnic identity. And thier methods were not limited in thier means to put right to the wrongs, or to convince those who were perpetrating the wrongs under the law to stop.
As time went by the organization did become perverted into an organization for bigotry, hence Forrest disbanded it. It was restarted again without his consent or agreement under the ideology which it had degenerated into.Different accounts of the origins of the KKK and associated movements in post-Civil War America are available in United States Senate Select Committee to Investigate Alleged Outrages in the Southern States, Report on the Alleged Outrages in the Southern States, March 10, 1871, available here (http://catalog.hathitrust.org/Record/008650599).